View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Fabat50

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
The main thing is to realize there's a difference between weight loss and fat loss...you may very well be losing body fat, but the muscle you're gaining is compensating for the weight loss. A better way of measuring progress would be body fat measurements, how your clothes fit and weekly photos. Never trust a scale and remember its a slow process when done right!

You'll be fine, you can always add extra high intensity interval training a few times a week to help facilitate the process and of course stay sober ; ) I hope this helps!
Thanks for this ultradad. I have been frustrated recently. The day I stopped drinking mid November was the day that I stopped binge eating. Alcohol had been fulling my binge eating and being depressed by my weight, I had ballooned, made me drink and eat more.

I lost 11lbs in the first 2 weeks without even trying. I guess because I had gone from 2 bottles of wine a night plus crisps, late night currys etc to simply going to bed at 8pm without dinner. I was so happy I then began to diet seriously and make an effort with the exercise. I saw a nutritionilist and she put me on a classic high protein, low carb at around 1500 calories a day. I am not a naturally sporty person but I pushed myself to walk my big dog harder and further.

I then lost another 33lbs in the next 6 weeks. I couldn't believe me eyes. Even though I do still have more to lose I had dropped a couple of dress sizes.

BUT, despite my ongoing efforts. I have now not lost an ounce for over 2 weeks. It is so frustrating. I did have my one night "fall of the wagon" but I am not sure that would have stalled my weight loss for over 2 weeks? I am so frustrated I am actually eating less and less and I know that is not the right way to go. And I have never enjoyed eating breakfast and tend to have my first meal of the day at lunch.

How did I manage to lose so much so quickly and now nothing for over 2 weeks at all despite still having a fair bit to lose? Even 1 tiny lb a week would be better than nothing!!

I am going to start measuring myself. I know I need to up the exercise but I am not really up to that at the moment (just being honest, it's easy to say I'll do it but my motivation levels are pretty weak on that front at the mo)

You inspire me with your fitness approach. You really do. You must feel amazing.

Hope that everyone has a GREAT day.