Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 02-17-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I don't really have much to say today. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm thinking about you.

I hope you all are having a great day.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Last cab to darwin is a great movie

Last edited by Dee74; 02-17-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

UP earlier this morning, think I might have another head cold brewing. I seem to be succumbing to these bugs very easily recently. I have a few days off next week, perhaps the break will do me good. Winters can feel long can't they?
Think I'll listen to a talk by Eckhart Tolle, before work. I find his teachings very helpful.
Mariah, how's it going?
Hope everyone's having a healthy day today.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hope you recover quickly Freein,..

I may be getting to the downside of the bug I've had the past 4 days. The delirium seems completely gone anyway,...and my appetite is back a bit.

Got a start spring cleaning the skiff this beautiful sunny day. The mildew and pollen down here is almost a year round challenge. Ah, ...the subtropics !

How's it going with the caregiving Mariah ?

Just returned from a trip to Savannah. Mom's 81st B-day. She was telling me a few details of the 3 years building a case for the EOA in 1981 to become the first woman in an all male salesforce in a large company here in the states.

It's weird how I never knew anything of that !?!

I'd always had the impression her boss gave her a hard time because he was the top producer before she showed up. Apparently she elbowed her way in, and then. became top producer.
What insult to injury !?!

We had some good laughs tonight !

Up ,..if you're still up tonight, you're not alone little brother.

Obo,...thanks,
will have to check that out ,....Last Cab to Darwin, is it ?

Have you seen the low budget Irish film , Man about Dog ?
Old 02-18-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Tops, what a lovely story your Mum has, she must have been considered quite a rebel back then. It's inspiring to hear how women used to work so hard to break through prejudice. We have a lot to be grateful to them for.

It's been a good day at work today, not too many distractions, so pretty much finished all I'd planned to do. That's always satisfying, to cross off that last task on my to-do list.

I love lists.

Have a great end to the week all.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

MTS, the story about your Mom made me smile, not just the story but how much it must have meant to her for you to here & appreciate it, THAT is beautiful!

Well, I worked my first day yesterday at the care giving facilitie & called early this am & told them I would not be back. I worked a 12 hr day shift & was so exhausted when I came home, not so much physically, but emotionally. They wanted to train me as a med aid, despenci ng medication to 15 residence, one of which I would do at 7am after being up all night (ridiculous...I know from working with adults with developmental disabilities that that sort of practice is an accident waiting to happen...& one where a life would be at stake. They would have the oncoming staff administer meds.....not a person who had been up all night & had 15 other things to do & document before they went off duty. This is a brand new, beautiful facility but I see very understaffed (bet the owners are walking away with a pretty penny every month) yet they do not want to pay to have the needed staff there & they were hinting that I would also be in charge of keeping the young ones in line of doing there caregiving. Anyway, complete overload of responsibility right off the bat & I could see I would be the fall guy & too much on my shoulders. it was pretty clear that I would be put on the night schedule & never get out of it. My day with the residents was good though, something I could Definately do, even the "dirty work", but not there. FYI, I know you have seen me fail at several emplyment opportunities this las 6 months, but honestly I have NEVER had a problem with being employeed, even in my worst drinking day.

I did drink in my 90th day Sunday....went out to my Nephews where my Niece & her kids have been living to help clean up while my Niece is in jail. I knew it wS bad out there, but didn't know how bad it was until I was out there. Terrie conditions, infested with mice, garbage everywhere, my brother encountered rats outside while cleaning up. It has been 17 years since I used methamphetamine & never did my kids & I live like that...that was my ticket to a drink I guess, had a few more when I got home last night after making decision I wouldn't take this job. My big brother was here today, asked if I would help send a message to the jail to my Niece..... That he would be there for her & to support her in getting treatment for herself & her kids. The father is around, but using & on probation for prison & my brother finally went to Children's Services & let him know the situation. My Niece is already hateful towards him & there is a good chance she will get out & either overdose or harm herself....her brother who lives out there filed a restraining order against her today...very hard for them both, but asy brother sat here on my couch & cried today (this is a burley 30 year Alaskan Fisherman & Grizzly Hunter Guide) I reassured him he was doing the right thing for his Grandkids, who have been living with this, that my Niece & the kids Dad has a choice about how they are living, but those little ones don't & that he was doing the right thing & that he is & should be in fear for his life when the Father & his Daughter find out he went to Children's Services. His Ex wife, the Mother of my Niece & Nephew died about 6 years ago of what was said to be Mad Cow Disease....(a whole mother story there) but as he sat and cried on my shoulder today, I told him she was not just my sister in law & then my ex sister in law, but my friend & that I knew she would want He & his Son to do what they are doing....protect those kids & force her to get some help. Tearful, emotional Day.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Tops, what a lovely story your Mum has, she must have been considered quite a rebel back then. It's inspiring to hear how women used to work so hard to break through prejudice. We have a lot to be grateful to them for.
Freein,.... that's the idea you would suspect she has, right !??

She's been so heavily influenced by the conservative narrative pushed here in the states, she seems to view her work history in a smaller bubble. Her career was cut short in her late fourties with cancer, ...which she survived,....and with no access to health insurance at that point because of her " pre existing condition " our for-profit-health-insurance companies routinely established as acceptable policy to refuse coverage.

I never worked a straight job with " health insurance' until 2010,....was always self employed and adamantly refused to give a penny to the insurance scoundrels for the scam they call healthcare here in the states. Yea,...it's personal,...like real. personal.

The idiocy of letting productive tax generating folks swing out in the wind ( myself included ) by denying them healthcare is ( imo ) a bit unethical,....to say the least. Those tax dollars could've bought more bombs and guns ,...or whatever else the saber rattlers think we need.

I may sound negative, but am more hopeful than ever for our country as the days go by. More and more folks realize something's amiss,...they just don't exactly know the causes .

yet,...

We'll get to see if the rain's gotta fall hard,.... or not

either way ,....A new day's a comin'

Forever grateful to be clean and sober.

( is the antonym ,,,,,........ fuzzy and dirty ? )
Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Mariah,...take care tonight, ... I'll write later,...have to get to work !!
,...this is my Monday morning.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah: I hope you're ok....?
That's a hard story, so many emotions must be up and about...!

Yes Tops: I'm sure you would like LCTD, great story and great Australian scenery.

Things are quietening down here, looking forward to a sober weekend.
Thats a week sober, feel so much better for it again!..
stay tuned.............
Old 02-18-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're ok too Mariah?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you Mariah. You can't expect yourself to be strong for everyone. Is there someone who's helping you at the moment, in addition to your friends here?
If you can, just focus on one next step at a time. It's hard when there's so much hitting you at the moment, but there's even more reason to keep a clear head and take things slowly.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Obo, great work on bouncing back! Glad to hear you're feeling better about stuff.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm OK....just woke up & have a unit to clean early in the am.

Great going on 1 week Obo! I'll be right behind you
Old 02-19-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feel like death warmed over...should be fun cleaning today. Never want to wake up feeling like this again. son up all night with Grandaughter Dog, she had what they said would be her hardest chemo on Wendsday & was doing great until last night.....I am waiting here with her until Son picks her up to take her into the Vets.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

The good thing is, you don't have to wake up hungover ever again!

Hope the day goes as well as possible, and you manage to get an early night tonight.

I have a few days off work now, it's a great feeling. I think I might be doing some decorating or gardening, depending on the weather. I'm looking forward to getting some seeds sown in the greenhouse. How's your garden Mariah?

Tops, have you done any more to your veg containers?

Have a great start to the weekend everyone.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope today went ok Mariah.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You too, Dee and free.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Freein, ...I haven't been able to locate the people selling the containers yet.
Yesterday morning I heard what I thought may have been someone knocking on the door, but turned out it was a maint. crew next door beating the 2 x 6" boards off their fence to replace them with new treated boards.
I asked them if I could have the old ones and when I woke up later, there was a nice pile of almost100 boards !!!!

They will be perfect for a new section of fence once I remove the nails and cut off about 8" . Already have most of the 4x4" posts and it'll go a long way to deer proofing this lot. The best part is, once it's done , the design should tie in wonderfully to transition between the two existing privacy fences.
Just need to buy concrete for the posts and some exterior fasteners for the treated lumber,......the "Charleston Green" gallon of paint for the shudders should work for the paint.

Was detailing and cleaning a few areas on the skiff this afternoon before work tonight,....what beautiful weather we've had this week !?

Charlie stopped by yesterday, and since I haven't seen him since well before Christmas,....got a chance to tell him that I don't mind if he needs to stay over the shop, but I have a big. problem if he is living there and drinking.
Also, I explained he'll have to start paying $40 / week to help out with the light bill. Hopefully he'll do the right thing.

Nevada is our 3rd primary state,......hoping for a good result there tomorrow for our campaign. Here in SC the Republican party primary is tomorrow also,.....
The Democratic party primary is a week from tomorrow on a Sat. also. Our campaign will need a miracle to pull a little closer (according to the polls ) , but I'm hopeful anyway !!

Hope everyone' weekend is off to a good start !
Old 02-19-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That's great news on the lumber top.
Oh, and this week started with snow, then a couple days later it was 50s and raining then back to freezing weather.