Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 02-19-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

We've had a gully washer of a night & day here. Cold too so more snow in the mountains....a good thing.

Cleaned for 7 hrs today & sounds like I'll have a few next week, which I was glad to hear.

Home with Son....ginger ale tonight. Just sent a long letter to Niece in jail my brother asked me to send to her.

Nice score on the fence boards TS! Enjoy your time home Freein & stay warm Up. I have started cleaning beds out & getting the lawn back into shape, which is probably a mess after Granddaughter was sick last night. She has a skin infection on antibiotics & seems to be feeling much better tonight. Have a good weekend Fools
Old 02-19-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's good that you are getting some work next week since the other job didn't work out Mariah. Get some rest.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

That's a great win, Tops, to save those boards. I love it when that happens, it gives you the feeling that the world is working with you, kind of magical.

I've just finished a really energising workout. My fitness level is improving by the day. I'm hoping to run a 5k park run in the next week or two, to see if my speed has increased (it really can't have got worse, unless I crawl round on my hands and knees).

It's likely I'll be coerced in to some painting today, as I've completely run out of excuses as to why I can't do it . It's got to be my least favourite job, but I'm sure my motivation will rally and I'll get down to it once I've finished whinging.

Have a great start to the weekend all!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
That's a great win, Tops, to save those boards. I love it when that happens, it gives you the feeling that the world is working with you, kind of magical.
It strikes me the same way Freein, ....kind of magical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-FvVOZ4xQ

( This cracks me up how they've recorded the cover of this great Van Morrison song on what appears to be a dash cam !?!
Quite the horn section on the 3rd bench seat. )

Woke up early and just finished pressure washing the inside of the skiff,.....it almost looks like I stole a new one !?
The only area left to tighten up is inside the center console,....and then get started waxing the gel coat. The hull looks ok so I can fool with it in a couple months

It's already. time for an oil change in the truck,......hopefully that'll happen in a day ,..or so. Those miles to Tenn. add up in a hurry.

Think I need a nap.

Have a good Sat. y'all.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Is that the Fools bus?
We know it will be Dee and obo on guitar.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Just thinking about you all- sorry it's been so long - have read up on a lot of the thread. So great to hear that you all seem to be doing well.

We've made some changes at our house- things are going ok

Top- that is quite some horn section- very cute.

Love and miss y'all!

Izzy
Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You've been missed izzy. Just pop in more often and say hi.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

I could just about fit my acoustic bass in there without poking someone's eye out
Old 02-20-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Ok, I want to be all the way in the back then.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good, busy day....brother & two baby girls staying with me tonight.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Dee, I'm just wondering how often you use the first few frets on your bass? If we played in a different key, could we shorten the fret board a bit? Tops is good at carpentry, Just a thought!

If we took a couple of seats out I could probably squeeze in my piano, give or take an octave. It's an electric one, so I'll need an extra long extension lead if we're actually moving, don't want to get unplugged as we're racing along the motorway, that's so uncool.

Izzy, nice to hear you're doing OK, like UP said, pop in more often if you can?

Mariah, sounds like you might have a house full at the moment, hope things are ok with the little ones. It must be difficult for them at the moment.

Just off to see my parents, hoping not to be too late home, I really want a bit of piano time tonight to practice "they'll be days like this". Don't want to let the team down.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tend to be greedy and use pretty much all of them Free

but it's not a double bass or anything - just an acoustic bass guitar - a few inches longer than a normal guitar

D
Old 02-21-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Dee

Old 02-21-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Or maybe this?

Old 02-21-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

I could definitely go for the first one LOL

D
Old 02-21-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Old 02-21-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy !

Glad to hear everything's good out in Cowtown.

It must be so satisfying to play keyboard Freein.

Still making a little progress waxing the gel coat everyday. The sun and airborne salt here can devastate a boat or car finish without waxing them a couple times a year. And the mildew seems particularly pernicious.

Make ya wanna' move to Arizona some days.

Feeling a little better every day , ...it just seems like a lingering common cold now. Pretty excited about a trip to Tenn. a week from tomorrow. That'll be the first of 26 vacations days I scheduled to take on different Mondays throughout the year ( Monday nights are my Friday ,...or last shift of the work week )

Nothing like a 3 day weekend !
Old 02-21-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow.....what a long couple of days. Truly takes a Village sometimes to raise ourittle ones. Lots of feelings that we should have all stepped in sooner for these little ones. Heart Wrenching......so glad to see my brother who never accepts help from anyone, reaching out. Worried about my Mom...this is hard on her

Exhausted. But had the sweetest time with Grandson today. Games. Uno.'Mouse Trap. Our version of Bunco where he kept score of 3 people at 6 years old.....new what the numbers on the dice were!!! Impressed Grandma for sure!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Tops, hope that cold doesn't linger. It's good to hear that you can have a longer break now, by taking your leave. Are you still hoping to drop your hours a bit over time?

Mariah, thank goodness you've been able to step in to give those little ones some love and security. I hope they're coping OK with the changes in their lives.

I have a wonderful free day ahead of me. I'm up a bit later this morning, I've not done my workout, but I'm planning on a yoga session once OH has gone to work and I have the house to myself. Also, I might be seeing my niece and the baby, this afternoon if all goes well

Have a great start to the week all.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Morning Dee, Freein, Tops, Up, Mariah, Izzy and all the other fools who may check in from time to time....

Well it was a big weekend.

Our friends, who let the flat to the ugly couple down stairs, came over on Saturday night. My hands started shaking when the door knocked, I knew it was them.

Anyway I said my piece, yelled some of it. Swore a fraction, but got out 98% of what was bothering me. We were being taken for a ride by these people, a slap in the face really........

Half way through my veiled attack, he mentioned to me that I have an anger problem. I replied that may well be the case but that wasn't the issue here. The issue was them sneaking around behind our back, breaking any trust etc...!

But those words have cut. I guess because they're true!

So Im back to the drawing board with 10 days of sobriety.

The Principal is on the PA, I've got to go....!

back ;later,

stay tuned............