Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like you've some good ideas for deer proofing TS they make some beautiful wrought iron decoratives that would look nice on a gate or fence.......you must be on Friday of your work week??

Job search this morning & pretty sure I have a job...will tell you more about it when it is written in stone...pending background check & they know about mu DUII, so should be good.

Record breaking temps here for this time of year....near 80 & I came home & threw on shorts & tank top & worked in the back yard sagain......lovely

Had a blood test & bone density done last week (my Mom has Osteoporosis so I requested test) they called today & I have bone loss in one hip, not yet considered Osteoporosis but concerning at my age, especially as much as I have lifted weight over the past 4 years. Went right to reading & see that heavy alcohol consumption can cause bone loss, so that & genetics probably contributed to this. Also, high cholesterol & glucose level. I'm surprised as I really have been eating pretty healthy the last couple of years although slacked a bit the last couple of months, so definitely will be getting that in check.

On an up note, I was told today that I look like Susan Surandon, which I've been told before but it has been awhile, so with the job prospect, the weather & that compliment, it's been a lovely day off to the gym with the teen Son!!

Last edited by MariahGayle; 02-08-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Z
Old 02-08-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

Record breaking temps here for this time of year....near 80 & I came home & threw on shorts & tank top & worked in the back yard sagain......lovely

On an up note, I was told today that I look like Susan Surandon, which I've been told before but it has been awhile, so with the job prospect, the weather & that compliment, it's been a lovely day off to the gym with the teen Son!!
*Summertime ,....and the livin' is easy *

That is. quite the compliment.

Some folks ( like me ) esp. love her politics too !
Unafraid,...and authentic.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Early start here this am....dropping Son at the bus then directly to Sit with the little Grandsons for a bit this am. I have t seen much of them lately & looking forward to some snuggles this am. Have a good day Peeps
Old 02-09-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck with the job prospect Mariah. Have a great day with the grandsons.

The powered gate sounds interesting top, let me know if you work something out.

Um, stay safe down there Dee.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Mariah, I hope you get some good news about the job over the next few days. In the meantime, revel in those Sun rays - wish I could join you, it's raincoat and wellies here

My piano practice is actually making a difference! Just 30 minutes a day and I'm making some real progress. I'm going to be musical one day, I can feel it in my bones. I can pretty much play all the right notes, all I have to do now is get them all in the right order - how difficult can it be?

Thanks for that quote, UP, that's one to write in my journal later.

Hope everyone's having a great week so far.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes, definitely stay out of the water Dee
I
Nice going with the piano practice Freein, hope you remember us Fools when you hit the big time!

I enjoyed the short time I spent with Grandbabes this am...growing so fast. Little guy is just 3 months old & already full of personality & charm 2 year old thinks his gram is pretty funny.

I thought I was only turning in official application for job today but they set me at a table with training Manuel & a pile of paperwork & I was there most of the day. I'm baffled that they aren't doing background check & drug test before getting me started as I will be caregiving at a Memory Care facility....maybe they are just wanting to observe interactions with residents & employees first or maybe I just look like an Annie Okley???? I just hope they have a good training program & am already stressing about things....it's what I do best I agreed to start out on night shift which will be 3-12 hr shifts but told them twice that night shift is not something I could do for long....I'm a morning person. I am excited about working with the residence though....I think it will be very rewarding & that I have the personality to give something good to them, respect, dignity, love. I know I will need to learn to not take things home with me, which will be a challenge.

I found a couple of sleep meditation with positive affirmations that I played with headphones last night......I think it will be very good for me to try this for awhile.

Time to chill
Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Great news about the job, Mariah. It sounds like you're just what they're looking for. I agree that night shifts isn't something to do for the long term, and I'm sure that can be tweaked once you're up and running.

It's actually not raining today! Weird.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Ah, it's just started raining, that's a bit more reassuring
Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Peeps!! So I am practicing mindfulness....it's going to take some work & consistency but I can tell already that it will be a huge benefit for this girl!! I was driving back from taking Son to bus this am & my mind was already on the job & things in the future & I brought myself back to simply driving down the road, staying in the moment....was a relief & peaceful. As I said , I'm goi g to really have to work at this but I'm so, so tired of my over active thinking.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Great stuff, Mariah, I'm with you on the mindfulness practice
Old 02-10-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to swim out way further than I can to worry about sharks guys
Hope everyone is having a good week

D
Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job Mariah,
It sounds like it has the potential to be rewarding. Well, if you're a morning person, you may have your mornings off after work if they run 7 pm-7am shifts. I have friends who work 12's as CNA's. As brutal as the long hours can be, I think one friend will work four or five 12's because of the OT pay. Hopefully they'll stick 2 of your 3 days ( nights ) back to back.

I've been up in Tenn the last two days . The twins ( grandkids ) had a B day party at a roller rink today scheduled after school. School was cancelled from the snow last night, but the roads were fine by noon. I'd forgotten just how cute a bunch of tiny young kids look learning to skate for the first few times,......there's a lot of arm movement, but not to much forward motion. And a whole lot of hittin' the deck !

Even though it sure looked like it would be kind of fun I thought it would be better to just try to capture some photos, rather than lace up some skates,

Freein, ...lol ...

"It's actually not raining today! Weird. "

[17 minutes later ]

,........."Ah, it's just started raining, that's a bit more reassuring "

Old 02-10-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That did crack me up too top.
I saw something today that might be a good idea for your raised garden top, at least for smaller plants.

That crazy of a shark Dee, I wouldn't want to risk it.

I know what you mean about the mindfulness Mariah.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Love that garden bed idea Up

Tops, nice you were able to go to Grandgirls Bday party....skating party sounds like fun

I only had a couple hours of work today & guess I'll find out tomorrow what my schedule will be. I had a call from another office today & went & interviewed, then the PM office called & said they have a few places for me to clean. Have been sitting around with nothing to do & "bam", work coming out of the wood work. I shall pray about what I should do if I get offered the other job & give me a chance to see what the care job will be like & the cleaning jobs will now need to work into my schedule. Financially, this is a Godsend as I was literally down to the nitty gritty. Yes TS, I will work 2 back to back twelves, a day off & then another 12. When I get on days, I hope it will be 3 in a row so I can 4 off...that would be sweet, especially if I can manage to leave the job at the door when I walk out!

Just back from the gym....weight, cardio & soak in the spa. Left over cod & raw broccoli for dinner....must get the glucose & cholesterol down!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning free.

Is it raining?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Yes!
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I like the pallet idea too, that could work really well.
This week has gone by so quickly, I don't feel like my feet have touched the ground. I don't like being so busy, I'm more of a slow lane or even hard shoulder sort of person, but I seem to have been swept along with the fast lane types.
I'm looking forward to returning to my snails pace at the weekend.

I've just come in from work, and made myself a smoothie- banana, frozen berries, raw cocoa powder and soya milk, wow it's so good. How have I lived without a nutri ninja for so long?

How's your healthy eating going Mariah? Hope it's all going to plan.

Hope everyone's having a great day x
Old 02-11-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I like the pallet idea too Up,..... I may have access to some old carpet remnants and just cut some drain holes in it, in place of buying the "garden cloth "
I've had bad luck with that stuff breaking down and it's forever and a day showing up in small pieces for years,.......still !!
I'm sure there's a better quality to be purchased somewhere, but I bought rolls of it from a big box store years ago, and it sucks !

8 hour drive to Tenn. Tues.. and another 8 hour drive back today, !
This is def. my shortest weekend ever,...it was great fun though.

6 year old twin grand daughters are kind of great,...like only-once-in-a-lifetime great .

Our campaign has some more heavy lifting to do down here in South Carolina now, .....only a few weeks till our presidential primary. This is the first time I've ever volunteered in a political campaign,... it's esp. exciting !
Old 02-11-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Quiet here tonight.....another lovely, lovely day. Cleaned house & hung out with Granddaughter dog as she had her chemo yesterday & didn't seem to be feeling to great. Took her with me to run errands this afternoon.....love her so

I went for 2 mile walk with some hills, swam laps at the Y this evening & sat in the spa. Came home & made a nice green salad....romain, red onions, cucumbers, green peppers, black beans, pickled beets & white tuna. Feeling healthy & have lost 2 lbs this last week....a little encouragement.

Listening to meditation "wind down" the last several nights at bed time & getting some serious deep sleep....at the top of my list for what I love most about sobriety. I think about the many nights I would pass out to wake at 1:00...3:00 riddled with anxiety, knowing I'de disappointed my Sons, stupid texts or calls made, knowing I had to go to work. I don't miss that one little bit. I've quit taking the anabuse...has been a few week, just feeling strong enough now & want to give it a go without it. The thought crossed my mind today that it's been at least 2 weeks, but again the thought of a drinking is repulsive....I am tearing up as I talk about this here as I am just so, so grateful. I thank all of you for that....you are my constant support here & I couldn't have done it without you. Time for some chamomile tea & chill. I am going to make it an early night as I have 6 to 8 hours of cleaning a unit tomorrow. Night my friends
Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Do you guy's know the Green Day song "Wake Me Up when September Ends"? I never really cared for it but ... Wake me up when February ends. I am in no mood for valentine's day this year.

Sorry to be a downer ... just venting.

I hope the rest of you have a wonderful valentine's day.