View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
MariahGayle
Hillbilly Girl

MTS, the story about your Mom made me smile, not just the story but how much it must have meant to her for you to here & appreciate it, THAT is beautiful!

Well, I worked my first day yesterday at the care giving facilitie & called early this am & told them I would not be back. I worked a 12 hr day shift & was so exhausted when I came home, not so much physically, but emotionally. They wanted to train me as a med aid, despenci ng medication to 15 residence, one of which I would do at 7am after being up all night (ridiculous...I know from working with adults with developmental disabilities that that sort of practice is an accident waiting to happen...& one where a life would be at stake. They would have the oncoming staff administer meds.....not a person who had been up all night & had 15 other things to do & document before they went off duty. This is a brand new, beautiful facility but I see very understaffed (bet the owners are walking away with a pretty penny every month) yet they do not want to pay to have the needed staff there & they were hinting that I would also be in charge of keeping the young ones in line of doing there caregiving. Anyway, complete overload of responsibility right off the bat & I could see I would be the fall guy & too much on my shoulders. it was pretty clear that I would be put on the night schedule & never get out of it. My day with the residents was good though, something I could Definately do, even the "dirty work", but not there. FYI, I know you have seen me fail at several emplyment opportunities this las 6 months, but honestly I have NEVER had a problem with being employeed, even in my worst drinking day.

I did drink in my 90th day Sunday....went out to my Nephews where my Niece & her kids have been living to help clean up while my Niece is in jail. I knew it wS bad out there, but didn't know how bad it was until I was out there. Terrie conditions, infested with mice, garbage everywhere, my brother encountered rats outside while cleaning up. It has been 17 years since I used methamphetamine & never did my kids & I live like that...that was my ticket to a drink I guess, had a few more when I got home last night after making decision I wouldn't take this job. My big brother was here today, asked if I would help send a message to the jail to my Niece..... That he would be there for her & to support her in getting treatment for herself & her kids. The father is around, but using & on probation for prison & my brother finally went to Children's Services & let him know the situation. My Niece is already hateful towards him & there is a good chance she will get out & either overdose or harm herself....her brother who lives out there filed a restraining order against her today...very hard for them both, but asy brother sat here on my couch & cried today (this is a burley 30 year Alaskan Fisherman & Grizzly Hunter Guide) I reassured him he was doing the right thing for his Grandkids, who have been living with this, that my Niece & the kids Dad has a choice about how they are living, but those little ones don't & that he was doing the right thing & that he is & should be in fear for his life when the Father & his Daughter find out he went to Children's Services. His Ex wife, the Mother of my Niece & Nephew died about 6 years ago of what was said to be Mad Cow Disease....(a whole mother story there) but as he sat and cried on my shoulder today, I told him she was not just my sister in law & then my ex sister in law, but my friend & that I knew she would want He & his Son to do what they are doing....protect those kids & force her to get some help. Tearful, emotional Day.