Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 02-11-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a fan either UP

Old 02-11-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Mariah, that's such a big step forwards, getting off the antabuse. A definite mile stone checked off.

Tops, we're not hearing much about all the political wranglings going on over there yet. That's great that you're getting involved. I wish I could get more passionate about politics over here, but I'm not really fond of any of our main parties. The people who I'd like to be leading us in terms of values and principles, aren't really that good at leading, if that makes sense.

UP, I'm not a fan of Valentine's day either, it's just a commercial ploy to guilt trip people in to buying cards and clutter for each other. In fact I'm going to make a stand, and demand a card free house this year (which just means I won't buy OH a card, as he's never bought be a card in the 12 years we've been together - I admire his ability to live guilt free, stunning!)

It's Friday, time for the Fools Bargain, I'm in.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

That's exactly right Dee
Old 02-11-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Obo fell over again.
8 cans of beer.
At a gig.
In laws here again, too much pressure.
It was on the cards.

On phone.
When i compose myself Ill check back in.
Mad as a wheel today.....

It came from smoking pot, trying to release the valve.

No excuses, weak willed.

Day 1.

stay tuned......
Old 02-12-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

The important thing is that you keep coming back obo.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Take care.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Truthfully, I didn't mind valentine's day. I never really went overboard, a card and some chocolate etc. ... I even wrote a heartfelt letter to my ex one time, I think she could have cared less. I guess that should have been a clue for me but it turned into another reason to get high.

It really stinks knowing that you can't be with the person who you really want to be with.

Oh, well. Cest' la vie.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope this is the last Valentines Day that brings you down in any way UP.
No one knows what's ahead, but I'm wishing the best for you this year

Ps I wasn't joking LOL.
I really dislike the way this arbitrary Hallmark Holiday makes people feel less than fulfilled because they're single.

I'm not single but neither of us believe in it.

D
Old 02-12-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm glad you are here Obo & back to recommit!! Have you been smoking or just a one time deal that lead to the drink? Be kind to yourself friend!

I'm with you Up & Dee.....Bah Hjm Bug on Valentine's Day

Freeing, you ar hilarious
Old 02-12-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'll be ok guys.

I hope so too Dee.
I don't like how they commercialize every holiday, even making up new ones ... grandparents day etc.

I've come to realize that when you are with someone that you love, every day should be valentine's day. Not the commercialization but showing your love.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Obo, it does seem like there might be a pattern, the connection with family (your brother and now your in laws), there's some trigger there somewhere that gets through your guard. You'll find the key to this I have no doubt. Great work bouncing back so quickly. We're with you every step of the way.

I've had some wonderful news this evening - my niece has had a baby girl, both are doing well. I can't wait to see her. I've learnt a little lullaby on the piano to play to her when they visit. I've heard that new born's aren't great critics, so I'm hoping she might be my first fan!

Love to all.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Obo

I wanted to make sure I phrased what I'm going to say right cos I'm not sure you're going to like it all

I don't know if you saw this coming, but I've been fearing this from a good way back...its not like this all materialised last week.

You can only bang your head against the wall so many times, and you can only hold in anger and resentment so long.

You need to find ways to deal with your frustration and anger. Trying to bust through the wall needs to be left with Old Obo. New Obo needs another approach.

You need to find better more positive ways to release pressure.

I think you need support too - more support than you get from the occasional SR post.

On the note tho, I think joining the February crew might be good for you, even tho I know the idea might not be a pleasurable one. You really did well posting daily in your early days here.

I don't want to suggest AA because I have a feeling you're not into that, but maybe some counselling?

You deserve the good life Obo - go get it mate

D

Originally Posted by obosob View Post
Obo fell over again.
8 cans of beer.
At a gig.
In laws here again, too much pressure.
It was on the cards.

On phone.
When i compose myself Ill check back in.
Mad as a wheel today.....

It came from smoking pot, trying to release the valve.

No excuses, weak willed.

Day 1.

stay tuned......
Old 02-12-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm with y'all on the V day! ....commercialized the way it is, it seems fraught with problems. Unmet expectations , and all that stuff.
Chase off any serenity an innocent soul living single may have had.

Not only Hallmark Card Companies,....but the confectioners must also have a significant vested interest in the holiday. And of course the jewelers,......and the stuffed miniature bear manufacturers !

Viva el boicot !!

[ long live the boycott ]
Old 02-12-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Freein,...
Just learned Mary had a Little Lamb on the piano from one of the twins, Josephine , ...
Now I can play two songs.

Do you sing along when you play ?
Old 02-12-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congratulations free. I'm sure she will love it.

Dee has a good point about posting more. If you join the February class you will still be expected to post here too.

Don't forget the florist top, a dozen roses are 3 to 4 times more expensive at valentine's day.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations on the new Great Neice Freein!! She will love to hear you play!

Just back from going with teen Son to get Valentines for his girlfriend. He is such a sentimental romantic pretty sure his Dad & I brought the wrong baby home. I was a truck driver & his Dad an underground miner when he was conceived & the kid is smart as a whip & has been mature since he was three people have always called him an "Old Soul".

How are you doing Obo?

I'm tired tonight, cleaning job was easy today, only 5 hrs in a remodeled unit. Start new job Monday. Have a Niece here who was put in jail this week...looks like they may keep her this time. 7 outstanding warrants. She has 4 little kids & just can't seem to get her life together....I think she has an addiction to prescription drugs & her oldest daughter says she has found needles. Sad, sad situation. I hate to say it but hope they hold her accountable this time so she might get some help.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about your niece Mariah. Hopefully some good will come from this.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

How are you doing tonight Up? Any good late Friday night movies in the works. I'm thinking I may spend Valentines evening with my Mom....son is planning evening here with his girl friend & thought it would be a nice time to spend some time with her. does your step Mom live near to you?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm watching the Expendables 3. It's nothing special but hey.

She lives about a half hour away, I'll probably go up and visit Sunday. Better than sitting home alone.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Definately, she would like that ready to call it a night here. I know this is silly but I'm feeling guilty about having pushed my cat away from me a few days before he got sick. He probably wasn't feeling well & just wanted me to pet him....it's been tearing at my heart all day. Regret is a terrible thing. I rarely cry but the tears are coming as I write this....guess that's a good thing.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't beat yourself up over it Mariah. Pets are very intuitive and perhaps the most forgive things on earth.

Have a good night's sleep.