Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 12-30-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Sorry IP - sounds like one of those bummer days.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
Glad you liked it. Seenagers describes me! Is your cold better? I don’t get sick often. I rarely get colds, and then only sniffles for a few days. Thanks to modern medicine and vaccinations I have not had shingles or flu for decades. My allergies quit when I quit smoking. Are you feeling better? Enjoy the snow!

Mags,
I hate seeing half worms as well. But at least the ones eating fruits and vegetables aren’t human parasites like fish (Diphylobothrium) and meats (Taenia Solium tania solium - Bing and Saginata Taenia saginata ) have.

V,
Thanks the power was fixed at 2AM. As soon as the power came on the generator kicked off as it should. But the auto switch didn’t switch over to allow the power to go through to the main breaker board. So after an 11 hour outage for everyone else when our generator worked, we then had our own 7 hour power outage until the generator folks made it out to change the switch that failed. We reset it to exercise every Monday at 12 so they will be back to be sure it does kick on. Oh well, next one we should be set as it is in warranty.

Thank goodness that the storm that hit Sunday was a cold front so we went from a high of 82 Sunday afternoon and 75 that night down to 48°F 8.9°C. Today my dirt guy (Bulldozer/Trackhoe/tractor grader operator is bringing over a truckload of SB2 gravel and we are going to fix the drive before the storms return.

We had tornados all around us Christmas night and Sunday and many folks killed in surrounding states. I think the total was under 30 for both days. Now we are flooding again in the Red River Valley that runs between Shreveport LA and Bossier City. We get soaked ground but are 10 miles from the river flooding. It is cool here not cold really.

Hey Wolf! Books and a cozy home make a great life. Like a yellow submarine! Next May I will see about the Beatles song "When I'm 64."

FBL,
I’d be still glowing after meeting her on the phone too. Glad your brother had no injury! Black ice got me going down a hill spinning out of control in sloooow motion once in Colorado but no other cars and a high curb that my tires bounced off of kept me on the asphalt and no damage; but it scared the peewaddle out of me. Sweatshirt weather here now. I still envy you the snow and nasty weather that goes with the beautiful scenic days of winter.

Hi Drake!
Yep that rain is coming down the rivers to us today and then it rains here NYE, and next week, with the forecast rain for next Tue.-Thur.

Thanks RZ!
I are one! (Seenager)
Sober clubs sound great! We could go to drinking clubs (I don't get tempted nor crave anymore) except that we never bar hopped or did much in clubs. You probably understand it more than most. See, we did 20 years of being paid to party on most weekends and holidays as both club and mobile DJs. So the “excitement” many feel from getting high in dark places with loud music was/is just boring to us. And worse, I pick apart the sound systems of many and the mic work of those who do a show like I used to do. Having a strip club on the way might be a problem for some of the sober guys. A sober biker bar is almost a contradiction in terms, but a good one. I hope he succeeds.

Least!
Hey Stranger! Sorry about Timmy. My son just got the ashes for his 14 year old Golden Retriever that they had to put down because he had cancer in his bladder and was in severe pain suddenly. His brother/buddy for life, their second Golden, is just now starting to play again.
Seenaging is good!

LSC,
I’m sorry you are not happy in your home and hope you can find happiness along with some serenity. That will take time. I wasn’t aware as I only come here and rarely get any PMs or drama here which is how I roll these days. I hope you can join us in that. You are really turning over a new leaf for the New Year all the way.

Hi Jeni!
So happy to hear you will be over a year again in just three months!

IP,
I used to be a big Celica and Corolla fan. You can’t beat that engine if it just gets filter and fluid changes. It is nice to hear you calling home home.
Sorry you feel badly. I hope you get your career and love life in congruence the way you want and need.
T
oots,
Either way you’ll have a good one I hope.

We will likely be in bed too FBL! We’ll be doing a lot of major landscaping contour changes for drainage and repair of the areas around the new house with heavy equipment, mostly this week and next before the next round of thunderstorms. I hope we can get it all done.
I still need to write a couple dozen ads for Craigslist to get rid of all my excess from last year that we have replaced. Then build her new computer system again and take care of the folks coming to buy our old stuff.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, I was never one for NYE celebrations...always considered it "amateur night" in terms of drunks. After my DUI in 2003, I did all of my serious drinking at home anyway.

IP, sorry you're having a bad day...maybe this will cheer you up (or not):

Old 12-30-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ek* sent me an Alaska calendar and also a "rescue mom" car magnet. I put it right on my car.

Itchy, I miss the old man Timmy but am comforted to know that he's with mom again. And I adopted a new kitty on Christmas day and she's doing very well.

Walked the dogs twice already and still bored...

*eldest kid
Old 12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Awww, Itchy - you are still a seenager pup
Old 12-30-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone tomorrow I reach day 900 my brother turns a year tomorrow aswell which is fantastic he's out at Disney on ice with my neice I can imagine how much fun she's having

I'm getting into Mere Christianity its a good read I like some of the things he writes
I'm also thinking about plans for tomorrow but everyone is sick my family is apart from my brother & Mrs sw family is sick aswell Thankfully were ok

Thank you Itchy & sorry about the tornadoes prayers to all affected

Glad your enjoying time with your new cat Least

Hi Saskia, FBL, D, Mags, Toots, Carlos, Venus & all the overs
Old 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie. Sorry you have ill family.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

NYE here - just staying in

wishing a great 2016 for everyone

D
Old 12-30-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Happy 2016 to you, Dee and V kitty! And any other friends down under :-)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Let us know what happens next year Dee!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

will do

D
Old 12-30-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

beautiful Overs!!!! ♥♥

I just found my New Year's cheer...woot woot....onwards to 2016, it's going to be a wonderful year!!!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy New Year Dee and Venus and all those down under.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy new year Dee, V and all.

7.38 am New Year's Eve here.

Hope the weather settles itchy.

Wolfie, hope you and Mrs Wolfie escape any ailments.

Inpar, men hey! They can be a pain! ( overs men excluded!) .

Had weird dreams last night. Think it's the medication I'm on for asthma. Very stressful dreams, pleased I woke up, I usually enjoy my dreams.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy New Year Everyone I hope 2016 is good to you
Old 12-31-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs wishing the best for all my australian friends & anyone that side of the hemisphere a prosperous & awesome 2016
Old 12-31-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, congrats on 900 days!

Happy New Year to all the overs! May 2016 bring you many happy sober returns
Old 12-31-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes everyone

D
Old 12-31-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Yay! I am now eligible for the one year and over club. Hi all, and Happy New Year Dee and others who have already crossed over into 2016.

I will be spending NYE tonight with my husband, a good meal, a movie, and early to bed.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome GHD
congrats on 900 days SW !

D