View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Sassy,
Glad you liked it. Seenagers describes me! Is your cold better? I don’t get sick often. I rarely get colds, and then only sniffles for a few days. Thanks to modern medicine and vaccinations I have not had shingles or flu for decades. My allergies quit when I quit smoking. Are you feeling better? Enjoy the snow!

Mags,
I hate seeing half worms as well. But at least the ones eating fruits and vegetables aren’t human parasites like fish (Diphylobothrium) and meats (Taenia Solium tania solium - Bing and Saginata Taenia saginata ) have.

V,
Thanks the power was fixed at 2AM. As soon as the power came on the generator kicked off as it should. But the auto switch didn’t switch over to allow the power to go through to the main breaker board. So after an 11 hour outage for everyone else when our generator worked, we then had our own 7 hour power outage until the generator folks made it out to change the switch that failed. We reset it to exercise every Monday at 12 so they will be back to be sure it does kick on. Oh well, next one we should be set as it is in warranty.

Thank goodness that the storm that hit Sunday was a cold front so we went from a high of 82 Sunday afternoon and 75 that night down to 48°F 8.9°C. Today my dirt guy (Bulldozer/Trackhoe/tractor grader operator is bringing over a truckload of SB2 gravel and we are going to fix the drive before the storms return.

We had tornados all around us Christmas night and Sunday and many folks killed in surrounding states. I think the total was under 30 for both days. Now we are flooding again in the Red River Valley that runs between Shreveport LA and Bossier City. We get soaked ground but are 10 miles from the river flooding. It is cool here not cold really.

Hey Wolf! Books and a cozy home make a great life. Like a yellow submarine! Next May I will see about the Beatles song "When I'm 64."

FBL,
I’d be still glowing after meeting her on the phone too. Glad your brother had no injury! Black ice got me going down a hill spinning out of control in sloooow motion once in Colorado but no other cars and a high curb that my tires bounced off of kept me on the asphalt and no damage; but it scared the peewaddle out of me. Sweatshirt weather here now. I still envy you the snow and nasty weather that goes with the beautiful scenic days of winter.

Hi Drake!
Yep that rain is coming down the rivers to us today and then it rains here NYE, and next week, with the forecast rain for next Tue.-Thur.

Thanks RZ!
I are one! (Seenager)
Sober clubs sound great! We could go to drinking clubs (I don't get tempted nor crave anymore) except that we never bar hopped or did much in clubs. You probably understand it more than most. See, we did 20 years of being paid to party on most weekends and holidays as both club and mobile DJs. So the “excitement” many feel from getting high in dark places with loud music was/is just boring to us. And worse, I pick apart the sound systems of many and the mic work of those who do a show like I used to do. Having a strip club on the way might be a problem for some of the sober guys. A sober biker bar is almost a contradiction in terms, but a good one. I hope he succeeds.

Least!
Hey Stranger! Sorry about Timmy. My son just got the ashes for his 14 year old Golden Retriever that they had to put down because he had cancer in his bladder and was in severe pain suddenly. His brother/buddy for life, their second Golden, is just now starting to play again.
Seenaging is good!

LSC,
I’m sorry you are not happy in your home and hope you can find happiness along with some serenity. That will take time. I wasn’t aware as I only come here and rarely get any PMs or drama here which is how I roll these days. I hope you can join us in that. You are really turning over a new leaf for the New Year all the way.

Hi Jeni!
So happy to hear you will be over a year again in just three months!

IP,
I used to be a big Celica and Corolla fan. You can’t beat that engine if it just gets filter and fluid changes. It is nice to hear you calling home home.
Sorry you feel badly. I hope you get your career and love life in congruence the way you want and need.
T
oots,
Either way you’ll have a good one I hope.

We will likely be in bed too FBL! We’ll be doing a lot of major landscaping contour changes for drainage and repair of the areas around the new house with heavy equipment, mostly this week and next before the next round of thunderstorms. I hope we can get it all done.
I still need to write a couple dozen ads for Craigslist to get rid of all my excess from last year that we have replaced. Then build her new computer system again and take care of the folks coming to buy our old stuff.