Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 5

Old 02-07-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I'm really busy every year at this time so though I'll read daily I might not be posting. I have to do 7 days a week work for the next 7 weeks, really until April. It's "good" work though. Like Griz mentioned above, I love it when I'm so busy that I don't have time to think, never mind think of drinking.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Aw, Midton! I hope you'll be okay! That's a lot of work! You seem to be determined not to drink when you're working so hard - that would be tough for me as I've found if I don't self-nuture, the sobriety plan goes out the window. Please post when you can because we'll miss you!

Grizzly, good luck with negotiations. Just to help you out, I had about 2-3 counter offers before I got this house that I have now. It was a bit stressful, but in the end, she really wanted to sell (she was a retiree who wanted to move to the beach) and I really wanted the house - it was perfect for my needs - so we made it work. I ended up spending about $10,000 more than I wanted, but I think in the big scheme of things it was the right decision. Since I've moved in the mall right near us has gone more upscale with a new high end movie theater and some nice restaurants and the mall has lots of high end stores like Nordstrom, Lululemon, etc. so I'm hoping this all adds to the value of my home! Please keep us posted!!!

Re: me, this is my first full week after the Feb. 1st slip up. I'm motivated to move forward and here's my plan for the week:

- No drinking under any circumstances. It never helps and it puts you back to Square 1, even if it's a couple of drinks. Not worth it.
- Work on Sobriety Plan. I bought a binder with dividers and plan to work on it this week.
- Yoga at least 3 times per week.
- Running on treadmill ideally 2 x per week, but when I can.
- Food: work on both quality and quantity for weight loss. Cut out the burgers and fries and cupcakes ( like I had over the weekend). Focus on salads, fruits and good stuff. This is going to be hard.
- Work: plug away, day by day. It will all get done and it will all be worth it.
- MAINTAIN POSITIVE ATTITUDE. If feeling sad, it's okay. Everyone is allowed to feed sad once in a while. Work through the feelings.

Have a great week, everyone!!!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hey all,Juno,sounds like a good plan😊 Midton, thanks for giving us a heads up,I get worried when peeps don't post,Grizz,I'm excited for your house buying, is this the first? I want to buy a house but hubs doesn't want to again, when we owned it was a lot of responsibility for the upkeep,I guess neither of us wants that again, everyone sounds good, have a great day😊
Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Midton, it sounds like you will definitely be busy! Check in when you can! And make sure to take good care of yourself even though you'll be super duper busy!!
Thank you, Juno, for talking about your experience. That helps and makes me feel better : ) You post is reassuring to me. I haven't heard anything back today, but I think it's my agent and not the sellers. I texted her this evening and didn't hear anything back, and that is definitely not like her. She was feeling bad Saturday and worse yesterday, but she was still working. She did not look well yesterday. I'm kind of worried about her. I have a hundred possibilities in my head of why I didn't hear anything today, but when it comes down to it, I just don't know. Everything else is speculation.
Winslow, yep, it is my first time. Whether this one works out or another one, this is definitely a first for me!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Juno, I think your plan for the week sounds great!!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

FYI got my counter offer. They raised me four grand. I'm actually quite suprised because I offered $13,400 less than what they were asking plus they pay full closing costs and a home warranty. Ball's in my court. I think I'm going to go for it : )
Old 02-08-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Griz

D
Old 02-09-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Grizzly, that sounds amazing!!! Wow, I am soooooo happy for you! Buying a house is an exhilerating process for sure. The best is when you finally close the deal and walk away and realize it's yours Please keep us posted every step of the way!

I had a pretty difficult day yesterday. My Mom got a troubling diagnosis at the doctor, which I am just trying to get my hands around today. Sydneyman, I'm thinking of you and all you have had to go through seeing your Mom in decline. Please check in when you can!

Also, my daughter has gotten sick again (physically) with some unknown flu type virus. I'm worried about her and need to take her to the doctor today.

Also, her boyfriend of 7 months is about to break up with her. I'm mad at him. He didn't treat her very well near the end. It wouldn't be such a big deal except that she doesn't have any other friends (long story) and he was her only "friend" and source of teenage support. Life is tough right now.

The only good thing is that I'm not drinking, I'm not hungover and I'm there for her and able to spend time with her talking about all of this. So I guess that's a big positive in the column of not drinking.

I really don't ever want to drink again. I'm glad I said that.

I'm wondering if my sadness leading up to all this was my sensing and foreshadowing stuff to come. I hope things get happier soon.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee and Juno!! : )
Juno, I'm sorry to hear all of that. That's really hard emotionally. You're right, sober you can be fully present for them and supportive, and it sounds like they definitely need you right now. I will say a prayer for your family. Please keep us updated, and I will be hoping for the best!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Thanks, Grizzly - I appreciate that! I hope we all have a good day!!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I am back and its Day 1 for me...
Done a lot of thinking during these weeks away from SR. My trip home was upsetting so I am not going into that.
Day 1 had to come as the bottle started to take over my life again. It started to change me back to the person I don't want to be. I haven't walked as much and just become a lazy lounge lizard. I been sticking to Paleo so haven't gained any weight thankfully.
So what's my plan.. Stick to SR daily, get back to fitness and simply abstaining. I thought Moderation worked there for a while but who was a fooling, myself. I have written a note on my fridge door of the positives of staying sober.
I had my partner tape me discussing things with my sister drunk and not the best look looking at it sober..So I am here for the support and advise that I so crave. I hope that I am still welcome even the I f**d up!!
I have read this thread and so much has happened.
First of all GRizz.. Congrats on the house!!!!! fantastic news...It is funny as I/we are making the last mortgage payment on our place today!!!!
You have done so well keeping sober, inspirational, truly, really!!!
Midton- You still doing so well after your little hiccup.. Keep going, also such an inspiration.
Juno- when you keep yourself up as you do it shows that I can do it too. Keep going and than you for missing me ..
Winslow- you are doing so good as well. I am glad you are all here and keep in conctact.

Dee- yes I missed you as well and your advise and wise words.
Glad to be back.
Ok need to get ready for work....;((
Old 02-09-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Great to see you Sydney😊 yeah moderation is tough,I'm lucky in the fact that I can't moderate for one day,let alone a few weeks, cripes! I have bad anxiety from some stupid vitamin supplement powder that I KNOW does this to me cuz its happened before,I never learn,hope everyone is having a nice day😊
Old 02-09-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Sydneyman!!! Welcome back! Yes, of course you are welcome back Glad you rejoined us.

Winslow, sorry about your anxiety. That stinks. I have had my share of that lately and it's no fun. Hope it passes quickly.

I didn't have a stellar day. It was a sober day, but not a stellar one. I guess that will have to do. I spent most of my day on kids' issues (doctor's appointment for my daughter and school meeting for my son) and sorting out a annoying issue on my work laptop that wouldn't allow me to log in. So it felt like a non-productive day spinning my wheels, but I guess I have to look at it as doing stuff for my kids which isn't a bad thing. I just wish everything were a little smoother right now - hopefully that'll come down the pike.

Tomorrow's a new day, and a good night's sleep always helps! See you all tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Sydneyman
Old 02-09-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Sydneyman!!! It is so so good to see you back!!! I'm so excited!!! Thank you for your post. I almost cried when you said I am an inspiration. Thank you : ) That means a lot to me. I read your post a few times and let it sink in. I'm really glad you decided the sober life is better. I appreciate your post and you sharing your experience with us. It's great to have you with us again : )
Midton, you're probably working hard right now! I hope you are doing well!
Winslow, I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. I hope it passes soon! I've noticed for myself when I get really anxious the shaking in my hands comes back. It's really annoying.
Juno, a sober day is wonderful : ) It may not feel like you got a lot done, but it sounds like you took care of the important stuff. That counts for a lot!
I had a good day. We were really busy at work, and I was juggling a lot, but we got it all done. And we got it done early- my boss was sitting at his desk mid-afternoon wondering what to do. He decided to run some errands. I'm working hard to prove I'm worthy of that raise he mentioned about a month ago... I got home and it was 68 degrees, and I had to run outside, it called to my soul. It was really good to be out there. Made it to my meeting. That was good. I'm tired now. Sleep tight, yall!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hey all,I tossed out the vitamin powder, sheesh it made my hot,dizzy,sweaty, heart racy,grrr,was still peeing neon yellow 5 hours later! Took some magnesium with dinner and immediately felt better,that plus a ton of water to flush it out,sucks cuz that stuff was 40 bucks for a months supply,oh well,Grizz,you are an inspiration!as someone who drank daily to now being sober (happily so) you give me hope😊 Juno,Midton, (that's saved in my spell check haha) Sydney,I hope we all have a wonderful Wednesday😀
Old 02-10-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Wow, Winslow - I want to make sure not to buy that vitamin powder! Sounds nasty!!!

Sydneyman, I know you don't want to talk about your trip because it was upsetting, but how was it to fly on a plane? You and I share anxiety about flying so I wanted to ask. My kids are I supposed to go to Orlando on March 3rd and I've been too busy to even worry about it at this point, but it is coming up soon.

Grizzly, how's the home purchase going?

Midton, I hope you're doing well

Me, I'm trudging along. Going to work from home and take my daughter to another appointment. It's amazing I even fit in work with all these responsibilities with the kids. If I am lucky, I will make it to yoga this evening. Have to remember to take care of me, too. No thoughts of drinking - I suppose that's progress. I'm pretty sure the thoughts will creep up on me at some point so I need to get going with my sobriety plan/binder. Sometimes I wish the world would slow down so I can catch up on everything!

Have a wonderful Wednesday... I like Wednesdays because we're over the toughest part of the week.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Winslow!! I'm so glad to hear that!! That's sweet : ) Glad you ditched the vitamin powder! I hate wasting any amount of money, but wow that sounds awful! Definitely not worth it.
Juno, the home buying is progressing quickly! I got a call from my girl at the mortgage company today that they are already ordering my appraisal! And she locked my interest rate in at 3.25% . I love her!!
I hope you got to yoga tonight! That will definitely be good for you. I'm going to run on the treadmill now for a bit while my kiddo is at swim practice. Yay us : )
Old 02-11-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Where is everybody? I was looking around the threads thinking maybe we had to start a new one, and I was the last to know. I couldn't find a new class thread for us... I hope everyone is doing well!!
I am mentally exhausted. I was carrying on at work like normal then I started to get inundated with paperwork for the house. I had to step outside. I was like my life is changing so quickly, I just need a minute! I got it all done for today, and when I got home I ran to clear my head. Now I need a good night's sleep. I hope to hear from yall soon!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hey all,yesterday was another close call,well I shouldn't say "close" cuz I had NO intention of buying beer but damn throughout the day I was fantasizing about getting crazy drunk😡 not sure why,think busy week, annoying people,overly tired and the weather is 74 degrees and sunny maybe I had a memory of drinking on a day like yesterday in my subconscious mind, bleh,thought it through and the outcome would not have matched the fantasy anyways,can't wait until drinking is no longer in my mind,anyone have valentine day plans? Hubs keeps asking but I'd rather stay home and BBQ ,everything will be busy that day anyways, hope everyone has a great day😊