Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 5

Old 12-02-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Oops! Sent too soon...I wanted to tell ALL our classmates how much you help me! You guys are a HUGE reason I am still sober.

And you guys are all doing so well! ALL of you! Let's just keep pushing through until we feel so good that going "back" sounds like utter hell!

Xo
Old 12-02-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Patricia-you doing ok?
Hi Kiki. I had a horrible day. Anxiety was brutal, and I had an argument with my husband. But I didn't drink. AV tried to talk a couple of times but I ignored it. If my anxiety was so bad today, can you imagine what it would be like tomorrow after the alcohol wears off? No thanks
Old 12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Hi Kiki. I had a horrible day. Anxiety was brutal, and I had an argument with my husband. But I didn't drink. AV tried to talk a couple of times but I ignored it. If my anxiety was so bad today, can you imagine what it would be like tomorrow after the alcohol wears off? No thanks
Well you're not alone...I had an argument with my hubby too.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Day 27 and work was very taxing for me. I am not a visual learner but that is mostly what the training consisted of. I am having a hard time but I refuse to give up. My husband just told me that our parakeet, Ricky, has passed away. We've had him for 6 years. I wanna cry. I need to cry. What I don't need to do is hide the pain or drink it away. Feelings suck.

Last edited by CurlyGirl1978; 12-02-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Awe Curly, I'm so sorry for your loss. It really hurts to lose a pet. Cry all you can, it is good to release the pain. You're in my prayers, sweetie!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Awe...I'm so sorry. Are you close to 14 days yet? That's when my anxiety REALLY started improving!

So glad you didn't drink! You're right, your anxiety would have been sooo much worse tomorrow. Your doing great & it will get better.

Just believe...
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CurlyGirl1978 View Post
Day 27 and work was very taxing for me. I am not a visual learner but that is mostly what the training consisted of. I am having a hard time but I refuse to give up. My husband just told me that our parakeet, Ricky, has passed away. We've had him for 6 years. I wanna cry. I need to cry. What I don't need to do is hide the pain or drink it away. Feelings suck.
I'm so sorry about Ricky! Losing pets is so hard!!! Now you have a guardian angel.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Got through day 18, now time to lay in bed and relax! Watched a movie and had ice cream already too after getting the kids to sleep.
Really proud of myself for coming this far.

I saw some of you having not so great day today- arguments with husbands etc. but I noticed the main thing was you all saying how you are NOT going to be drinking over these things. Way to go guys

I almost didn't check in just now before bed but I need to keep up my accountability. If I disappear on here then I might say hey, I'm fine, i can drink!.

I got nostalgic when watching a movie tonight.. These friends were all drinking together and I just had a *PANG* of.. Hmm.. What's the word. Lol. Oh well, everything to gain from losing the alcohol!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Got through day 18, now time to lay in bed and relax! Watched a movie and had ice cream already too after getting the kids to sleep. Really proud of myself for coming this far. I saw some of you having not so great day today- arguments with husbands etc. but I noticed the main thing was you all saying how you are NOT going to be drinking over these things. Way to go guys I almost didn't check in just now before bed but I need to keep up my accountability. If I disappear on here then I might say hey, I'm fine, i can drink!. I got nostalgic when watching a movie tonight.. These friends were all drinking together and I just had a *PANG* of.. Hmm.. What's the word. Lol. Oh well, everything to gain from losing the alcohol!
Way to go GS! You are really rocking this!!! Onward! ;-)
Old 12-02-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Sober AND Headed To Bed. So tired. :') much love November.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Made it through day 8 but not without some pretty strong cravings. Fortunately I managed to not give in and when 10 o'clock hit boy was I relieved that the liquor store is closed for another day..phew! So happy to be going to bed sober and I'll thank myself when I wake up tomorrow feeling good instead of hung over.. Yuck!!

Hang in there everyone...sweet dreams
Old 12-02-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

We've got a strong class! You are all doing great The cravings come and go, that is part of early sobriety. Just keep riding them out! They will lessen over time.

I'm just winding down after another good sober day. I'm grateful to be alive and healthy and SOBER. Goodnight
Old 12-02-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Home sober! The afternoon was very stressy, and our pub friend called...I considered going then started chopping veggies for dinner. By the time it was done it was too late. Day 5 is in the can!

Onward.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Another morning, feeling good! :-)
Old 12-02-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi class! Day 29 check in will write more when on laptop later and can reply properly.

Thinking of you all.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Morning Class mates!
Hope we're all present and sober today.

Day 6 for me and feeling great today. The fog is definitely dispersing and my brain feels clearer. The NAC is working wonders. Will check in tomorrow where I WILL have achieved my first week.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Well, now I am certain my relationship is over. We have been having major problems. Tonight he came in the bedroom at 12 am ranting about me being Facebook friends with a guy he hates. He just noticed. It's not a new fb friendship. Anyway he said a bunch of evil things, c*** word and all because I wouldn't let him search my phone. He has done this before and then will interrogate me about innocent texts to friends and family.

He then tried recording me in hopes I would say something evil. I've been awake ever since. I can hear him snoring in the next room. I have to get up for work in two hours.

He's done this kind of stuff before, when I was drinking. Now that I'm sober I see how wrong it is.he is drinking I could smell it. I feel so bad for our son. He's only 7 months old

I hate him. We are living in my house. He has 2 other sons who are with us half the time. What do I do?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I have no desire to drink. In fact, I feel stronger than ever because I know I now have a long tough road ahead of me in which sobriety is an absolute must. He will try to use my alcoholism to keep my child from me. He is an addict/alcoholic too. And it will end up being who has the most evidence of the others' drunken behavior, which unfortunately he probably does because he's a gadget guy and has probably been recording me more than I know. Ugh this is awful.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 6, feeling tired but good... husband is a teeny bit more talkative... so that's good. I am focusing on me and getting better. I still don't know if our relationship healed... and if so how.much. all the things that made me want to drink will still be there
... but maybe I can change them sober. Whereas they will stay just as broken and damaged if I drink. It doesn't make you forget really does it...

Well done guys on beating all your battles... u would not be here but for you lot. I would have drunk.more and more and then lost everything.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
I have no desire to drink. In fact, I feel stronger than ever because I know I now have a long tough road ahead of me in which sobriety is an absolute must. He will try to use my alcoholism to keep my child from me. He is an addict/alcoholic too. And it will end up being who has the most evidence of the others' drunken behavior, which unfortunately he probably does because he's a gadget guy and has probably been recording me more than I know. Ugh this is awful.
Oh you poor thing... sobriety will help you and give you strength and clarity... find someone to talk to ASAP. ... anyone ... a friend a counsellor a doctor... they will all listen and help.... I have found just talking and talking really helps...as does this.