Notices

Class of December 2015

Old 12-02-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hang in there newhope. You arent a downer at all. I felt weepy today too, and shameful, regretful too. But, I need to try to stay in a positive frame of mind.

I havent had much luck staying sober for any good amount of time, yet. Im working on it again. Im sure others will have better advice.

Tomorrow's another day, I hope you cheer up a bit.

Well, day one is complete. Im thankful its done. Bring on day two!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

New hope I cried today. It happens.
It's totally ok, and I've dealt with depression also. Alcohol fuels it something terrible for me- one more reason to stop forever. Depression is hard on you, so be sure to forgive yourself often.
Watching cartoons w boys before I drift off I hope. Day 3 down. Praying for more rest than I got last night.
Gnite folks
Old 12-02-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Great job everyone. And newhope, you're not a downer by any means. I'd say we all appreciate your honesty and how you really feel. There's no point sugar-coating it.

I've managed to pull through on day (1). Thank you, everyone, for all of your support today. I really needed the encouragement. I couldn't have done it myself.

And thank you Dee for your words of wisdom as always.

Good night friends.....
Old 12-02-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Joining. been quite a few classes too.. Nice to see u Max and Apple. . Max I think we're on the same day for the first time. Maybe we can hold each other accountable. For those who don't know me I can totally be fine for a month or two then all of sudden go on a few day binge..that starts with one night and sometimes stops there..but occasionally turns into a binge that is hell. Pretty depressed as usual at the end of a binge .Day 1 is getting close to an end. I hope this can be my last class where I get and develop sober friendships for a long time to come
Old 12-02-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

hi everyone, dropping in to say hello...back on day 3. A little about myself, I joined here around this time last year and got to 11 weeks sober after 27 years of heavy drinking and have been back drinking for the last 9 months or so. Nothing too bad happened in this time and for most of it the drinking was controlled but thanks to the experience gained here and at AA I can see it spiralling again. So here I am, going to do all I can to stay off it for good this time. I have learned a few lessons from last time around and feel that the time is right this time. Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope I can contribute to the group.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi, all.

Checking in real quick. I drank last night so today was another day one. Just finished a bowl of ice cream and heading to bed. I plan to spend more time here tomorrow and get better acquainted with you all.

Goodnight.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I guess ill join the December class. Today is day 33 for me. Was feeling a bit down earlier now im ready to get some rest. It's been a tough journey and i know it's not going to get easier this month with the holidays so i need all the support i can get.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
My 22 year son just made my day . Right out of the blue he said " your a good dad ,dad " . I asked him what made him say that and he just said "because you are " That is good enough for me . Lovely
That's the best compliment a parent can receive. :-)
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I find thats one of the things I have learned, that its the quiet moments and boring days that I am more likely to turn to drink. I actually find it easier to quit at times like Xmas because I can give it my all and look on it as a challenge......then in those quiet moments afterwards, when I feel great about the achievement the addictive voice gets me to self a self congratulatory bottle of wine....and I blow it.
I will need to figure out how to handle these lull periods better.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you guys -CuteNGay, Ubn, GF, Camryn and anyone I missed

D
Old 12-02-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I think December tends to be easier for me too because I really enjoy the holidays and am usually busy. I'm just really pissed at myself for this last one.. And although some people may not have forgave me.. I know I have to forgive myself. Cuz depression for me is strong right now and alcohol is everywhere. It has crossed my mind today to drink but feeling like this ,and missing this time of year to lay in bed really sucks.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Popping in to say I'm nearly finished my 4 nighshifts and now off for 4 days .

An observation : I seem to feel better mentally on work days/nights than on 4 days off !!!! maybe too much thinking time ? need to be busier ?

T
Old 12-02-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Day 1 sober. I'm shaking and full of anxiety ad I didn't think it was possible to sweat so much. But I'm sober and that's what counts. Good luck to everyone in their journeys
Old 12-02-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Sean stay strong. and welcome to the class!
Old 12-02-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone congrats to any folks on a milestone today

Have a blessed sober day
Old 12-02-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Sean

D
Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

We put all our Xmas decorations up last night.....it was a nice way to distract myself, was too busy making the house look good to think to much about alcohol. I've not told my wife yet that i'm stopping drinking but she must have found it odd that I didn't have a beer in my hand last night, I'm an every day drinker.

Just on the start of day 2 over here in the UK.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sean30 View Post
Day 1 sober. I'm shaking and full of anxiety ad I didn't think it was possible to sweat so much. But I'm sober and that's what counts. Good luck to everyone in their journeys
Hi Sean, welcome to the board. You will learn a lot here.
I don't know how much you were drinking but have you seen a doctor? It can be dangerous initially when you quit and it might do a lot more good than harm to be checked out and tell your doctor what you are doing. Just an idea.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
We put all our Xmas decorations up last night.....it was a nice way to distract myself, was too busy making the house look good to think to much about alcohol. I've not told my wife yet that i'm stopping drinking but she must have found it odd that I didn't have a beer in my hand last night, I'm an every day drinker.

Just on the start of day 2 over here in the UK.
hi Highwind.....its still only Dec 3rd. You have loads of time to keep taking them down and putting them back up when the cravings kick in. Just think how weird your wife will think that is
Old 12-03-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

So into day 2 now that it's 1am here in Cali. Sure hope I can sleep. Wanted to say a late good night and early good morning to everyone ! Have a great sober day