Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
ERHMAHGERD, IT DOESN'T COUNT!

H made a rum and coke. I asked for a glass of coke, he gave me a rum and coke and I took 1 sip. He now has to drink it, plus his. lol
Sneaky. I agree doesn't count.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Good morning class,

I love waking up here in the UK and reading all the overnight updates from my American classmates. I'm sorry that so many of you are struggling with the idea of turkey day. But heck, there is so much positivity there as well. Lots of I'm not giving in and go to hell AV.

If the day gets tough, please keep posting. One thing I've learned is the moment I isolate it's only going to go downhill.

Day 23 here... Will be back and checking in later! Sv X
Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post

You are a thorough reader! : )
Lol, thought it was probably bait, consider me hooked. 🐟
Old 11-25-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning everyone wishing everyone a good sober thursday
Old 11-25-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Sneaky. I agree doesn't count.
Daria.....hard to understand why anyone would do that.

It doesn't count.....
Old 11-26-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

SR Class Hero's (November '15)

I'm up late so I figured I would give everyone something to think about tomorrow when temptation hits, or if you are feeling like giving in. Happy Thanksgiving all my American classmates, and have a great day for everyone else around the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TzCLpgbJ_g
Old 11-26-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

I guess we'll be able to sleep most of thanksgiving away eh badger?
Old 11-26-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I guess we'll be able to sleep most of thanksgiving away eh badger?
Isn't that what thanksgiving is for? Eat.Nap.Football.nap.....then repeat.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post

Isn't that what thanksgiving is for? Eat.Nap.Football.nap.....then repeat.
Absolutely.... and, of course, be thankful
Old 11-26-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Day 22, not day 23! Getting ahead of myself!!
Old 11-26-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!! Day 3! Today I am going to reflect on the things I am grateful for and am going to try to list out the good things About myself. I have been feeling pretty badly lately and find I am so focused on my slip up. I need to be kinder to myself. It starts today. Hope you are all well. Be strong today. We can do this!
Old 11-26-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving to everyone living in the US. Day 4 for me here. Not worried about drinking today or for a long time anyways. I loathe the drink right now and want to kick it in the face. I feel like this is my final chance for redemption, final time I can go through WD and pick myself up off the ground and recover again. It's not like I was always drinking and I think most of the time hid it pretty well. But still I have somewhat of a Charlie Sheen-like reputation, minus the hard drugs and millionaire status of course. I hate this reputation that haunts me, especially when trying to be a responsible leader in my job, father to my kids, etc. The reputation comes from the hard drinking and the behavior associated with it. How will I ever get past this reputation, will it ever stop haunting me?
Old 11-26-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

We all have so much to be thankful for, even if things aren't perfect right now!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! STAY SOBER! We're off to visit family, 6 hour drive so plenty of time to contemplate and to be grateful, all the best to everyone where ever you are and what ever you're going through.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hey!!
I'm here! I'll catch up today or tomorrow
Xoxo
Happy thanksgiving America!
Old 11-26-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Disappeared for awhile. Had beers with my friend this week. Clearly, I'm not taking it seriously enough. I'm going to finally pop in on an AA meeting in the next week. I feel so disappointed in myself and guilty, and I hate it. I don't know why it can't be easier to just accept. Went on a date last week and the guy asked me why I wasn't drinking, I didn't want to admit to a stranger that I was trying to quit drinking because of my history, so I said I was doing it for health reasons. Sigh. Anyway, I'm back. Hope to be more regular again.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Happy thanksgiving to everyone living in the US. Day 4 for me here. Not worried about drinking today or for a long time anyways. I loathe the drink right now and want to kick it in the face. I feel like this is my final chance for redemption, final time I can go through WD and pick myself up off the ground and recover again. It's not like I was always drinking and I think most of the time hid it pretty well. But still I have somewhat of a Charlie Sheen-like reputation, minus the hard drugs and millionaire status of course. I hate this reputation that haunts me, especially when trying to be a responsible leader in my job, father to my kids, etc. The reputation comes from the hard drinking and the behavior associated with it. How will I ever get past this reputation, will it ever stop haunting me?
I think the memories of the before will always be there but should fade in time, once we replace them with good sober memories. As far as other people go, that takes time too. The longer they see new you and see it consistently they will forget about the old you. Keep up the fight my friend!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
I'm up late so I figured I would give everyone something to think about tomorrow when temptation hits, or if you are feeling like giving in. Happy Thanksgiving all my American classmates, and have a great day for everyone else around the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TzCLpgbJ_g
Thanks awesome Badger! Our class theme song!!! (At first I thought you wanted us all to play a war game together). Haha
Old 11-26-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Day 22, not day 23! Getting ahead of myself!!
I repeated day 17 I was so excited!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I love this. Thanks Dee. And if we were to wait until Jan 1 to get sober there will ALWAYS be something to celebrate and drink over. What about St. Patrick's Day? Cinco de mayo? Mardi Gras? Valentines? Easter? Spring? 4th of July? Birthdays? Weddings? Parties? Halloween and the list goes on and on.....

My point? There will never be an ideal time to stop drinking. There will always be SOMETHING. So why not just end the misery now? Drinking isn't fun anymore anyway. Right?

It's totally true last summer (not this past) I told my husband, "I can't wait till summer is over and we can stop having all these pool parties because I'm sick of drinking." Well over a year later I'm still drinking my wine for every reason under the sun. There is no perfect time of the year to quit. Now is the day!!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
My wife saw me on SR tonight and said 'you're back on there again' meaning after being off of it for many months. I need to find the strength from this place because most of those around me just won't get it.

Thanks for the firm reminder to stay sober this season D.
Wife still drinks Sober? Don't let anybody belittle you or stand in your way. Your sobriety is so important and you deserve it!