Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I'm still here kiki. 7 days.
Great job! I'm right behind you! ;-)
Old 11-21-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Glad you are here KIKI. Great list of all of us! We are all rocking sobriety! What are you guys doing about new friends that don't drink? (Not all of mine do, but most get togethers seem to revolve around booze... And my parties etc...contributed to that) I went to a couple of meetings, and I heard that you make new friends through AA, but I didn't see anybody there that I think I would mesh with. Maybe I should go to a meeting at another venue? Ideas?
Still trying to figure that one out! I need ideas too! :-)
Old 11-21-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Groceries done and put away, frig cleaned out and organized, dinner made for my daughter and her friend (we are going out ), laundry done, closet cleaned and organized, etc....then my AV started to whisper about how great a midday drink would be to relax. Nope. Realized I needed to sit and eat a healthy lunch so that's what I've done and now the AV has been stuffed into silence. Hah! Take that!

I don't recall who said they are using their phone and cannot respond to everyone but I am in the same boat. I need to get my laptop over into the family room when I'm home.

Please know I read each post and am cheering you on and supporting you through cyberspace!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
Day 2. Greetings guys, unfortunately this has become a familiar theme for me. I've been on and off SR for the past 20 months. My longest period sober was 9 months and I've had intermittent periods of 2 and 3 as well. I don't look at this journey as an all or nothing game. I've grown so much as a person and I am night and day different than the person I was as the start. The sources of the past few relapses have been a lack of effort. I become content and then get comfortable. The second I take a couple plays off, I get smacked in the mouth and get caught sleeping at the wheel. This has become a game vs. my AV; except there are no rules for my AV. It will evoke pain, depression, celebration, happiness, nostalgia, self admiration, and self deprecation. Whatever it takes to get me to use, because once I do, my attempts to moderate becomes a futile effort; literally like urinating into a 30mph wind. So I'll leave you with this video I just stumbled upon. It's obviously not about addiction, but it's logic is sound and specific to me. To paraphrase: if tomorrow isn't promised, who are going to care about? Yourself or the few you care for in your life? We get one shot; one chance to leave a legacy. We make our mark in life through effort and effort is between you and you. No one else has any impact on your effort. It's also free. It doesn't matter who you were 5 minutes or 30 days ago. All that matters is the next 5 minutes. What you're going to do now: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhOVQ9wEA
That video is awesome Noolan! I'm gonna watch that every morning! Hang in there & never give up!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Updated: :-)

Saturday 11/21/15

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!! :-)

Gifford 15 days
Canguy 14 days
HealthyGoals 6 days
Me (KiKi) 6 days
Patricia 8 days
StrangeAngel 7 days
Pams 6 days
GoldenSands 6 days
CurlyGirl 16 days
KeepNitreal 13 days
BlackBirdFly 7 days
Noolan 2 days is awesome!!!
SwimKim 11 days!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Haha Healthygoals...I'm about to STUFF my AV into silence too!!!!! Huge lunch!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Gifford 15 days
Canguy 14 days
HealthyGoals 6 days
Me (KiKi) 6 days
Patricia 8 days
StrangeAngel 7 days
Pams 6 days
GoldenSands 6 days
CurlyGirl 16 days
KeepNitreal 13 days
BlackBirdFly 7 days
SwimKim 11 days!
Meshelly 7 days
Old 11-21-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

First Sober Saturday

Even though my start date is late in November, I'd like to join this Class of November, 2015.

This will be my first Sober Saturday in forever. My usually "witching hour" isn't for a few hours yet, but I'm already tense from my day. Saturdays are not a day off from work for me, in fact, they are quite busy at my online business. I'm also trying to pack to move to a new home in a few weeks and my live-in mother hasn't stopped talking since early this morning {same thing over and over again}.

But, if I don't stop drinking to numb myself, I'm going to end up sick. OK, so when the cravings kick in around 4 p.m., I'm going to try this: eat a little something, sit down and read SR, try to meditate for a few minutes, play on Pinterest and do some online shopping for things for my new house. That's my plan for today.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Jackie
Old 11-21-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 22.
Have a nice Saturday evening everyone!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I'm back.. back at day 1 but that's ok. I'm ok with baby steps because they're better progress than status quo. Every day I don't drink is a day I'm healthier. Every day 1 means that I haven't given up, that for one or more days before I made a hard but much better decision than in the past.

Great to see all the wonderful progress everyone is making! I am so happy and excited to read of everyone's successes as well as everyone's trials because fighting status quo is a success of its own.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hey Jackie! Welcome! Sober Saturday's are tough.. I would definitely have a hard time with I was living with my mother too (God bless her!) sounds like you have a good plan! I'm currently coping with just pampering myself and doing whatever I want (that doesn't involve drinking) and being kind to myself. You can do it!!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Updated: :-)

Saturday 11/21/15

Gifford 15 days
Canguy 14 days
HealthyGoals 6 days
Me (KiKi) 6 days
Patricia 8 days
StrangeAngel 7 days
Pams 6 days
GoldenSands 6 days
CurlyGirl 16 days
KeepNitreal 13 days
BlackBirdFly 7 days
SwimKim 11 days!
Kiki-Thumbelina has several days. I think the most
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi lisa247,

We're both at the same starting point. I've had a lot of missed starts already too. I'll tell you what though, the more I read, the more I know. Knowledge is power.

Wishing you the best.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jackie1214 View Post
Even though my start date is late in November, I'd like to join this Class of November, 2015.

This will be my first Sober Saturday in forever. My usually "witching hour" isn't for a few hours yet, but I'm already tense from my day. Saturdays are not a day off from work for me, in fact, they are quite busy at my online business. I'm also trying to pack to move to a new home in a few weeks and my live-in mother hasn't stopped talking since early this morning {same thing over and over again}.

But, if I don't stop drinking to numb myself, I'm going to end up sick. OK, so when the cravings kick in around 4 p.m., I'm going to try this: eat a little something, sit down and read SR, try to meditate for a few minutes, play on Pinterest and do some online shopping for things for my new house. That's my plan for today.
Welcome Jackie- We are all in this together so lean on us to make it through Sober Saturday!

Welcome back Lisa! One day at a time!!!

Exercise is done and now it's a family "dog walk." I think I'm going to clean out my drawers and get rid of some old clothes to make room for the new ones when I start shredding the pounds! Haha.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
House clean, snow shoveled, birthday party for our 7 year old in an hour, Chili in the crockpot. All without a hangover. Short Sweet and Sober.
Sounds like a really great sober day! What a comfy setting. Snow, crockpot going, little kids laughing and playing! I hope the bday party is fun. Must feel great to not feel hungover on such an event.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Afternoon PAUSE:

I haven't read the latest posts from everyone but I will soon...

It's THAT time of the day again...the afternoon! Ugh! This is ALWAYS when I get cravings because it was always when I started drinking.

It's like my body is "programmed" or something. I'm just taking a moment to call my AV out!!!

SHUT UP AV!!! Nooooooooo!!!!! A drink would NOT make my Saturday more fun!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Groceries done and put away, frig cleaned out and organized, dinner made for my daughter and her friend (we are going out ), laundry done, closet cleaned and organized, etc....then my AV started to whisper about how great a midday drink would be to relax. Nope. Realized I needed to sit and eat a healthy lunch so that's what I've done and now the AV has been stuffed into silence. Hah! Take that!

I don't recall who said they are using their phone and cannot respond to everyone but I am in the same boat. I need to get my laptop over into the family room when I'm home.

Please know I read each post and am cheering you on and supporting you through cyberspace!
Sounds like a super productive day! I always feel great on days like these. Keeping busy, staying sober.

That was me about replying on my phone and can't hit quote on each person's thread. BUT I read everyone's responses and its so helpful. I'm on my laptop right now so I'm able to reply fairly well right now.
I don't have a ton of time to write and reply though because I have busy little one's who get into lots if I am not on my toes. Right now we're doing play doh so I have a bit of time!

We went to an AKC dog show this morning and had fun. Got our shepherd a new antler to gnaw on. She's a happy girl right now. She did really well and we all had fun except our kids weren't really on their best behavior (or just kids being kids) so we didn't stay very long.

Not sure what's on the agenda for tonight, just staying in since money is tight and christmas is coming. Hoping to be able to read and post often tonight because well it is saturday and we all know what that means. Stay strong yall! As KiKi said, we are stronger together.

It's a beautiful day to be sober!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Afternoon PAUSE:

I haven't read the latest posts from everyone but I will soon...

It's THAT time of the day again...the afternoon! Ugh! This is ALWAYS when I get cravings because it was always when I started drinking.

It's like my body is "programmed" or something. I'm just taking a moment to call my AV out!!!

SHUT UP AV!!! Nooooooooo!!!!! A drink would NOT make my Saturday more fun!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.
Oh no! What was that urge surfing thing? Maybe it will help? I haven't looked at that thread yet. Read on here and keep posting! Go for a brisk walk! Bake something! Think about how you will feel afterward if you had a drink. All that anxiety with day 1's and 2's. You've got this.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just posting here because for some reason I'm having strong cravings for the first time since stopping drinking.

I've had a really long day, I'm tired and hungry and I just want to relax (clearly one of my triggers) and there's an open bottle of red wine in my girlfriend's kitchen, it keeps staring at me, winking and I'm sure I can hear it crying "come to mamma"

I know I'll be fine but I just wanted to write this down and make a resolution to myself and SR not to drink. That way it makes it a bit easier to ignore my AV

Thanks for listening!