Have a great Wednesday guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 11-18-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I've been up for 24h. So flipping tired. Zzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-18-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

Getting ready for work so just a quick hello - long work day ahead followed by an employee function that I have to attend to hand out awards. The alcohol will be flowing but it's not a trigger for me, I don't mix alcohol with work and then driving.

Will check in later, off to the races, have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I've been up for 24h. So flipping tired. Zzzzzzzzzzz
Insomnia? :-(
Old 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Anyone wake up with racing thoughts? It's not time for me to get up yet and I'm exhausted but can't fall back to sleep because of my stupid brain! STOP THINKING! Stop worrying about things you can't control! Ugh.

Anyway, praying for another sober day today. I have awards banquets to go to tonight & tomorrow night for my kids so I CAN'T drink & don't want to!

Deep breaths KiKi...you can do this.

:-) Patricia, thanks for reminding me to breathe yesterday. You mentioned you do breathing exercises during your panic and anxiety. *Anything particular you do? I could use some tips.

Have a sober & happy day everyone.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Insomnia? :-(
Just bad work school schedule this semester. I sometimes would remedy the tired with booze instead of sleep. Not today. I've got a date with my bed in less than an hour. Tho insomnia has hit me at around a month sober before...
Old 11-18-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

The racing thoughts will settle down Kiki - if there's one thing I can pass on it's that this is not the end product called recovery - this is that difficult first transitions phase...it gets better

D
Old 11-18-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I have not really struggled with insomnia but that is probably because I am making myself be far more physically active which leaves me tired.

My concern now is the damage I have done to my memory. I can not recall work things that I should and this frustrates me. However, previously it would take about 3 days until I was actually contributing at work rather than going through the motions. I am definitely more productive now and I am only on day 12. I do feel better as well.

I have got to get through today and plan for tomorrow though.

I would like to thank you all for giving me strength

G
Old 11-18-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

This crippling, extremely painful anxiety feels like it's gonna kill me but I MUST just walk thru the PAIN to the other side!
I guess that's what must be done. I'm in the same boat. How long can it go on? I've never really seen the other side. I don't know if there is another side. Personally, I've never seen it except briefly. This crippling anxiety is why I started using alcohol in the first place. I believe that a higher power can relieve me of the delusion that worrying will solve anything, that I have control over anything and I'm willing to have this defect of character remove.

Why then doesn't my higher power remove it? Sorry to ask in your thread KiKi0615. I guess I'll have to formulate my own post about that. Yeah this anxiety goes way back before I ever started self medicating with alcohol. Other forms of insanity too go way back before I picked up a beer.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why then doesn't my higher power remove it?
I'm not an AAer but as I understand it, that's where the Steps come into it
Have you got a Sponsor? have you asked them?

D
Old 11-18-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
I have not really struggled with insomnia but that is probably because I am making myself be far more physically active which leaves me tired.

My concern now is the damage I have done to my memory. I can not recall work things that I should and this frustrates me. However, previously it would take about 3 days until I was actually contributing at work rather than going through the motions. I am definitely more productive now and I am only on day 12. I do feel better as well.

G
try and be patient Gifford

I think a lot of us underestimate the amount of damage we did to our mind and bodies - it does get better, but it takes a little time

D
Old 11-18-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

G
My guess is that each day the function will come back a bit more. I'm noticing improvement. It's so nice to be able to actually concentrate during a meeting instead of being so hungover that I really couldn't comprehend anything deep, much less add anything. You'll get there!

Willy-Welcome to the class!

Kiki-I'm waking up many times during the night and last night had a terrible alcohol dream. I hope this gets better soon.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I also get insomnia or at the very least wake up several times in the night too
Old 11-18-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Just bad work school schedule this semester. I sometimes would remedy the tired with booze instead of sleep. Not today. I've got a date with my bed in less than an hour. Tho insomnia has hit me at around a month sober before...
Great! Get some sleep blackbird! :-) zzzzzz
Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The racing thoughts will settle down Kiki - if there's one thing I can pass on it's that this is not the end product called recovery - this is that difficult first transitions phase...it gets better D
Thank you Dee. I'm so glad it gets better because I could never do this phase for the rest of my life! Awful! :-(
Old 11-18-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Patricia, thanks for reminding me to breathe yesterday. You mentioned you do breathing exercises during your panic and anxiety. *Anything particular you do? I could use some tips.
I just go to Youtube Kiki. Tons of very good breathing exercises videos and guided meditation. Hope it helps!
Old 11-18-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 10
Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I have not really struggled with insomnia but that is probably because I am making myself be far more physically active which leaves me tired. My concern now is the damage I have done to my memory. I can not recall work things that I should and this frustrates me. However, previously it would take about 3 days until I was actually contributing at work rather than going through the motions. I am definitely more productive now and I am only on day 12. I do feel better as well. I have got to get through today and plan for tomorrow though. I would like to thank you all for giving me strength G
12 days is amazing Gifford! :-)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waffelafel View Post
I guess that's what must be done. I'm in the same boat. How long can it go on? I've never really seen the other side. I don't know if there is another side. Personally, I've never seen it except briefly. This crippling anxiety is why I started using alcohol in the first place. I believe that a higher power can relieve me of the delusion that worrying will solve anything, that I have control over anything and I'm willing to have this defect of character remove. Why then doesn't my higher power remove it? Sorry to ask in your thread KiKi0615. I guess I'll have to formulate my own post about that. Yeah this anxiety goes way back before I ever started self medicating with alcohol. Other forms of insanity too go way back before I picked up a beer.
So sorry waffel. I think starting a thread about your anxiety and "self-medication" would be a great idea because then I could read it too! :-)

I have suffered from panic and anxiety since I was 5 years old. There have been periods in my life when it has been better than others. There are also periods that I have self-medicated with alcohol more than others. The last 2 years of self-medication really got bad! I have realized that drinking only makes things worse...my life, my anxiety, everything!

Anyway, I am on a medication called Zoloft for my anxiety and it does help but not when I am drinking! Those meds never work when you drink on them. When my anxiety got out of control again 2 years ago, instead of going to the doctor and having them increase my meds, I chose to start binge drinking. Stupid!!!

Soooo....what happened was I got on a really bad downward spiral! I would drink because my anxiety was really bad and then my anxiety would get worse because I drank and the meds weren't working so I would drink more and the anxiety would get worse and on and on and on.

Sooooo....after getting in enough pain, I decided that I needed help! I couldn't continue to slowly kill myself anymore. I am fighting to walk through the panic and anxiety and just hang on until the meds work again. I am determined to make it. There is nothing good at the end of the road for me if I drink. It's a dead end. At some point I will have to quit or it will kill me...why not now?

I don't have any great advice but I DO know that alcohol makes anxiety worse the next day & days later. Much much worse....in addition to depression and helplessness etc etc and the thousand of other consequences. :-(

I am just going to trust other people on SR that say it gets better. Can you see a doctor about your anxiety? Have you? Are you still drinking?

Prayed for you!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootiesdad View Post
Good morning all. Day 10
10 days is great ! Double digits!!! :-)