Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 22

Old 11-13-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening friends! Early bed time last night means early up of course. I'll be tackling the house chores this morning so that I can sit on my fanny this evening, hopefully catching up with Life in Pieces on the DVR. A big bowl of popcorn on the couch sounds so good to me.
Everyone have a great start to the weekend!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I watched the first episode of Life in Pieces and it didn't grab me. Perhaps I need to give it another shot.

What's up with Thanksgiving this weekend Mark? Will you be elsewhere?

Adele's new album 25, comes out today. I pre-ordered it. DD and I are a huge fan of hers. Love 19 and 21, her 2 earlier ones. We have played them to death. She is so hugely talented.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Gotta google 'life in pieces' I guess.....never heard of it. Surprise surprise.

BD, I'm self-employed so there is no paid vacation. I never work the day after Thanksgiving so it is always a 4 day weekend and something I like to take advantage of for small getaways (kids out of school etc..). I often invite my mom and stepdad to join us and if they do she changes the schedule up a bit for the family Thanksgiving at her place. This year we'll be at a little cabin I rented called bushy bear bungalow in blue ridge GA. It's a fun time as we take supplies for a feast and pretty much just chill and eat. Lots of time on the deck drinking coffee and maybe horseback riding and a few other things for the kids.....mostly just relaxing though. I'm really looking forward to the break from work.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Btw, one of my offspring is in need of an attitude adjustment this morning. The faint rumbling sound you may hear coming from the south will be me providing that adjustment.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Mark, two Thanksgiving meals in one weekend - my dream!!!!!!

Enjoy your families.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

It's Friday!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day, dear Octsobers.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thank you Leigh!! What a lovely thing to say!!!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Mark, two Thanksgiving meals in one weekend - my dream!!!!!! Enjoy your families.
Right Leigh! Sounds like two in a row this weekend! Enjoy it Mark!
Old 11-13-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi gang and happy weekend to ya. Another workweek in the books.....and speaking of that I hope Mrs. Arbor's work gets better. Stressful work situations can really wear you down.

Traditional Thanksgiving meal tomorrow and then my MIL will prepare gumbo here Sunday.

I hope the weekend brings a bit of relief to everyone's busy lives and allows at least a little time to enjoy sober serenity. How did I ever have time to be drunk so much?! Don't miss it.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I haven't had gumbo in ages, Mark!!!

Enjoy your weekend with your families; it sounds wonderful.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes Mark. Hoping she can make it work as I now have someone coming in a few times a week to watch the kids. An extra expense that will hopefully yield some better cash flow.

Can't say that I've ever had a proper southern gumbo. Many shrimp boils, but no gumbo (wife is southern). Fill us in on the detailed menu as the weekend moves along!
Old 11-13-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

So upset by the horror in Paris. Don't know what to think anymore. Happy to be safe and sound.

V, thank you, I did catch "Life in Pieces", enjoyed it very much-glad I gave it another shot. Mark thanks for explaining this weekend-it makes perfect sense now.

Arbor, hope things look up! Hello to Leigh, Conquest and Briar.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi, BD!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey BD!

Yes it's so sad to see such disregard for human life in this world. One of the many horrific truths of what we have to deal with now in this life. Prayers go out tonight to all in Paris.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Goodnight, dear Octsobers. See you tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

The tragedies in Paris are horrific. I just don't understand. Sending prayers of peace and wisdom for those in the midst of crisis. At the same time, giving thanks for the opportunity to have a quiet, safe, and sober evening at home. I'm reminded that it is truly a gift that shouldn't be taken for granted.
Putting a pizza in the oven and setting up for Life in Pieces... Life is good here.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
The tragedies in Paris are horrific. I just don't understand. Sending prayers of peace and wisdom for those in the midst of crisis. At the same time, giving thanks for the opportunity to have a quiet, safe, and sober evening at home. I'm reminded that it is truly a gift that shouldn't be taken for granted.
Putting a pizza in the oven and setting up for Life in Pieces... Life is good here.
I agree, conquest. It is a gift of gold.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Such a terrible event. I have to really try and turn off my endless desire to understand why things have to be the way they are. Always been that way. Yes, prayers for all.

Smart move on getting some help in with your kids Arbor. You two seem such a great pair. Nice strong home you're building. Good stuff.

Thinking of you Briar.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks Mark. I'm still here. Still sober. Having a real heck of a time with some eating issues, though. I'm down to 100 lbs and pretty uncomfortable, but there's a lot more to it than just food. It's just like drinking, just another addiction, but backward, so it's been hard for me to apply what I learned in treatment. And depression is making it hard to think logically. My therapist and another doctor are helping me, so it's all good. It is becoming clear that fighting addiction is going to be an active part of my lifestyle for, like, ever. And it's probably going to blindside me from time to time as it has now. I have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do.

Anyway, it's all good, and I'm really glad you guys are doing well. I love to come here and just read because you guys make this such a positive place. It gives me some healing vibes.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

So good to see you here love!