Notices

One Year & Over Part 31

Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee,
Yes O Sassyfier ! That is Maggie Mae, named after our dating song 44 years ago. We have two, Skylar who is much larger. and has a failed thyroid. We almost lost him, he had sad face and all. He went from 60 pounds to 120! We switched vets and he was put on thyroid pills and has lost most of it and is down to a healthy 75 pounds. He was a rescue that the folks could not keep and we adopted him at one year old. He is half Lab and half border collie.

Maggie was thrown away in a ditch by the road with her brother. The vets can't even guess her breed mix as she is a true mutt. They were less than six weeks old, eyes barely open. She had at least a thousand fleas on her. The vet gave her something and they came off her in waves and she was tiny! I had no idea a dog could harbor hundreds or thousands of them and still survive. She was black and white like him, and her brother was all black. He was adopted by the family that found them and they were looking for a home for either one to keep the other. She matched Skylar's colors who is about two years older. I have pics of them in my profile here. I need to go add some newer ones.

City folks think if they drop them off in the country they can fend for themselves or get adopted. Cruel, just plain cruel. We take our furkids as seriously as our human kids. They are a lifetime commitment, from us, equal to the commitment they give us, and their generous loyalty and love, which we try to return in kind.

Folks who think nothing of getting a dog temporarily or will give them up if the next apartment won't rent to them are cruel and should be caned like they do in Singapore. We would look until we found a home that accepted our human and fur kids. We would no more abandon them as abandon our human kiddos. Some humans dump babies in the dumpsters too. Same thing in my book.

Rejection hurts, especially for pups who give all their love, loyalty, and even their lives to protect us from other animals. Two and four legged.

Here is her new adopted brother taking her under his paw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Maggie 1 (Small).JPG (82.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Today:
Attached Images
Maggie's best (Small).JPG (80.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Skylar being charming.
Attached Images
Sky best (Small).JPG (53.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Yep, job is a good thing.

Maggie, ( Not to be confused with Mags) is 1/2 Skylar's size
Old 11-06-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Aww Itchy your dogs are so beautiful! It breaks my heart too and makes me so angry how people can be so heartless with dogs who just mean so well....I can't wait to see my own little guy again, I miss him so much and can't wait for him to get here, he's going to love this place.
Oh yeah I'm all moved into my place in the country. It's beautiful, just so nice and peaceful, it's perfect. I love it. I've been writing like crazy since I moved in.
Still trying to get the hang of the old finicky wood burning stove....the damper appears to be broken now. Argh.
Have a great weekend everyone. It's getting snowy here! We had a dump this morning. :-/ Makes driving to work on the highway interesting.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks IP! It is thundering and they are both under my desk. This L shaped one has room for both and my feet. Maggie has no fear but likes to cuddle up with him and my feet. He is afraid of thunder but only if he is can't hug up to me. He doesn't shake or whine. Just becomes my shadow, and is happy as a clam. Daddy keeps the boogie men away. He takes care of the rest.

Your new place sounds like a haven from the frenetic and hustling bustle of the crowds. Well you WERE complaining about the little town you were in being too small, then go out to be Nanook of the North as it were.

Please be careful that your flue and damper are working properly. CO is a danger with any open flame indoors. Do you have a CO detector/alarm?

I'm so happy for you. You are also finding new places for your old stuff.

"We had a dump this morning. :-/ Makes driving to work on the highway interesting."

Hmmm. I think I will restrain myself.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Thanks, Itchy for the great doggie pics - your fur babies are adorable. I love dogs but usually have cats because I'm lazy! I would no more think of abandoning my fur babies than I would abandon my daughter!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Your Sassiness,
I have rescued two cats out here. Both were not afraid of my pups. One followed us on walks and did his duty like the dogs, out along the wooded trail. Hilarious. The other was a tiny kitten who just ran out of the woods and started twining around my ankles while the dogs just watched and growled a bit then were just stupefied that the kitten ignored them completely. She did swipe them with sharp kitten claws once and they stayed away pretty much until Skylar adopted here then he licked her soaking wet and she seemed to like it. It was cold, she was thrown away, and desperate for food and a warm place. OK we did , she did, and we actually got a vet to adopt her. THe male adult cat, Bo Kittley we named him, was the dog wanna be. He also got a forever home. Man they kill 95% of cats that are impounded! Why the hell don't the cat lovers do like we and the other responsible pet families do, and neuter them if they are not breeding/selling/showing.

OK off my soap box.

Have a great night and terrific weekend Sassy and all the overs!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. Good to see you all here, love the doggy pics Itch.

I am still doing well. Life is good - despite work "dramas"

My band folded- so I am looking for another opening. Bought myself a electric piano in the interim, increase my knowledge etc
Old 11-06-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes of course Itchy thank you I can't see no pics I think it's cos I use WiFi il try using my phone later to see if I can see the pics but I can see everyone saying your dogs are awesome have a great day Itchy

Hi Instant, D, Toots, Mags, FBL, IP, Saskia, Gilmer, Drake, Rusty, & anyone I've missed

Just tried getting some snaps of the Bluetits but its windy with light rain so its not clear il try uploading the pic to one of the albums on my profile page

Good morning Overs 7.53am
Old 11-07-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Instant, maybe it's time to go solo or become a one man band! I'm sure the right sound will come your way soon.

Itchy I used to open a second window that I could jump back and forward to read while I posted on the other. I used to be more pedantic about making sure I didn't miss anyone out, knowing how fragile the addict ego can be. Here in the overs I just think youse can cope if I don't mention you by name occasionally! I tend to respond to the ones who write most ( squeaky wheel and all that)
I got Molly spayed as early as I could after her first season. She wasn't pedigree so no point breeding her and while she would have made cute puppies ( and wonderful ones if they got her nature!) her mums first litter was 14 pups so I didn't want to risk having to find that many forever homes!!!

I'd like to drop some of those city dwellers in the wild and see how they survived!!!

FG sometimes we have to accept the cards dealt us and wish only for a painless passing. I send loving thoughts for your sweet neice. A miracle would be wonderful.

Sass I had cats for a long time because working full time it wouldn't have been fair on a dog, cats are more independent.

Wolfie, Molly bounces back quickly enough once the fireworks stop but it will be days before she gets peace in the evenings.

A wet and windy weekend forecast in Totosville, will hopefully bring the last of the leaves down. ( covering the driveway that Mr T blew clean last weekend!)
Old 11-07-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Do your best

Best wishes for Molly Toots

I uploaded a pic of a bluetit but I think you only see its bottom lol

& we caught a pic of a ring neck dove but the rain is heavy & really windy so might not get many today

They are on my profile

Potato waffles & beans & sausages for breakfast
Old 11-07-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Itchy, I never could understand how people can abandon, abuse, etc. any animals. My little sweetie is 16 and going strong. (Toots - she is more lively than before - is definitely adjusting to our "new" digs).

Toots, I would dearly love to meet Molly though I'd say that's unlikely.

Hi, Instant - I don't think I've met you before although I'll admit to a failing memory.

Have a good one to all.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, nice pictures of the pooches. I had both a dog and cat whilst growing up and it made my childhood even better. Glad you enjoyed the radio show. I hope to be on it again sometime in the future.

A little frost on the windshield this morning. Winter will be here soon enough.

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 11-07-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Do your best

We havnt been out all day doing a John & yoko the weather has been awful & getting worse watching some new dvds we got
Old 11-07-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya overs

I confuseddotcom! Please forgive me if I've forgotten things, I just had overload reading the posts, though great posts one and all.

Fg...sending out love and prayers for your niece.

Fbl your avatar.. I know his face from Star Trek but can't remember his name, the doc? He has a look of Des O'Connor about him.

Itchy your pics are great .. Love your dogs...I'm an animal lover, and some people, and I hate all the cruelty there is to animals and people. Terrible stuff.

Pleased you've settled in Inpar.

Wolfie, I remember the pictures on tenor newspaper of Lennon and Yoko of their make love not war and cabinet up in bed for an amount of time, I can't remember how long now?

Blowing a gale here too, toots, though sun did come out for a while and the sky is blue.

Gotta answer some emails. Speak later.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Mags, the doc on Star Trek was McCoy.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags, it's Jonathan Harris ("Dr. Smith") from Lost In Space...oh, the pain, the pain!
Old 11-07-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening guys my pooch is scared by all the fireworks
Old 11-07-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Instant!
Good to se ya! Sorry or congrats on the band breakup, depending on what side you were on. I had an old 60's Farfisa Organ in 1984 I played around with too. But I am a guitar and singer type, but had fun on the keyboard with my three finger chords and effects switches.
Glad you're still hangin.

Wolf,
I went to your profile albums and the pics are great! Wifi should make photos load faster. It's likely a browser setting that keeps you from seeing the pics. We are voting this week and I decided to wait until Monday and cocoon in like you guys are doing.

Toots,
I did and am now working between two windows but sometimes I get so focused I do a search on the page I am posting in and lose it. It is me, but I sure wish they would enable auto save in this board like the other one has. If I do that there, all I have to do is go advanced and click to restore saved data, and voila, there it all is except maybe a word I just typed.

Wet and cooler here too. Rain should have a three day break starting tomorrow. Skylar isn't really bad he just wants to be near me. Not my SH but me. That's all he needs. Maggie looks at him like he turned purple because she has no idea what he is afraid of. Thunder bothers her not at all. She is terrified of my workshop, however, and Skylar loves going in there. She knows those loud smelly things I ride around the yard in circles on are in there and she wants no part of them. Guess I should not have tried to get her to ride with me as a puppy. But they both love going for a ride in the car! Go figure.

I figured you would Sassy!

FBL,
The radio show was great! If I din't know better I'd swear you knew what you was doin'! (The rednecks say)

Hey Mags!
Thanks. Don't worry we get dis and miscombobulated sometimes.

I had the TV on in a corner of my computer screen and was looking at listings for background noise while I Black Friday shopped. I saw a movie with a three star of four rating I'd never seen before. I watched it and was entranced As I did I marveled at how a 1953 or 4 movie had the look and feel of a Dr. Seuss book. It was a new type of Wizard of Oz musical fantasy that was terrific. I looked it up later and found it indeed was Dr. Seuss! The only movie he had ever made. I came in in mid movie so will watch the whole thing again as I set my DVR to record it at 7 am on the 21st of this month. Here is the scene that had me thinking the shapes and places looked remarkably like Dr. Seuss book!

I first saw "The Wizard of OZ" when I was five years old and have loved it ever since and still can feel a bit of the Goosebumps my five year old self felt when the flying monkeys came for Dorothy and Toto. This was a similar feeling wonderful movie for me. What a Find!