Notices

One Year & Over Part 31

Old 10-23-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I'm going to have my own radio show! On a local community station. It's volunteer but it's a dream come true, it really is.
Way to go, IP! Radio is SO much fun. What kind of show is it?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I'm going to have my own radio show! On a local community station. It's volunteer but it's a dream come true, it really is.
Awesome !!
Old 10-23-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 10-23-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Hope you catch lots of salt water, Rusty

All I ever cought beside some seaweed.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats IP - sounds like fun!

have a great weekend Overs

D
Old 10-23-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

You too D
Old 10-23-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

We will soon have to change the name to celebrity overs! Lol

It's only nearly 2 am . Woke up, which is always handy! , thinking I was at work. That was a relief. When I realised its Saturday . Trying to get myself better but this virus won't be rushed! Duh!

Have a good weekend.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's why we call it fishing Zippy! Otherwise we'd call it catching. FBL, that is really great for you. And this time you don't even have to go and get to phone in your work. Bigtime brownie points!

IP,
Volunteer work is the foot in the door for folks with some talent shining through the rest of the volunteers.

Hey Mags!
Glad to see you seeming fine, RU?

I am so screwed. The outside 20 feet all around the new house was no grass all river sand. We had several months of drought. That ended today. That wild worst ever hurricane that landed on Mexico's West coast is throwing its moisture up here too and we are expected to get up to 7 inches over the weekend by Sunday night. Can you spell FLOOD!

Guys, the horrific storms, Polar ice melting, crazy ocean currents and increasing pollution have given mankind notice to halt the carbonization of the atmosphere by fossil fuels. The US like Canada has been presided over by tyrants claiming victimhood and hopefully we can emulate our Canadian neighbor's sanity check in our next elections.

Not politics, sanity. Now that I'm sane I realize that I can do something even if only to vote for other sane appearing people. We have folks here applauding domestic terrorism when it is wingnuts attacking women's clinics right here in Louisiana and other areas. Insane and sad.

Tomorrow we vote for local races. We will.

On that note, have a great weekend!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay safe down there Itchy.

D
Old 10-23-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi itchy, I'm good thanks mentally, just seem to get one illness after another, just riding the storm. I know the causes are from the asthma treatments I've had, strip your immune system, hence I seem to catch any colds etc. It'll be ok.

I hope you and your family keep safe with the floods, itchy, watching it on news as we speak.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((Mags))) feel better soon

Itchy I hope you don't float off. Keep safe

IP and FBL I am too jealous for words! Well obviously not, but still, I want a radio show! :
Old 10-24-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks toots.

Crikey just watching the news. Hope all safe with the weather.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, stay safe. You might want to start working on that ark

We're getting some much-needed rain here this morning, but nothing like down south. It's 64F right now, but supposed to turn colder this afternoon. I was able to wear shorts all week, very rare for late October in Wisconsin.

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 10-24-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

you guys are too funny! lol
Old 10-24-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Feel better, ((Mags)).

IP, cool beans on the show.

Drake, I may be more excited about the Royals in World Series than you. Regardless, the city must be a buzz of good vibes.

I am off to body pump class soon...like 20 women and a few dudes. It is a difficult assignment...but, I accept. I will miss that gang when I move.

I was at an old timer mostly mtg with gratitude as the topic. It was so interesting to see the various twists and turns that subject evokes from some long time sober people.

Right now I am grateful for the buzz that I know class will give me as I tackle three closets. I will ask for guidance on what to throw away and keep from my minimalist oldest daughter. She rocks on this topic. Oh yeah, I am grateful for my CML.

Later, O's...have a good one.

Carlos
Old 10-24-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Mags, feel better soon.

Itchy, I am sending positive thoughts your way for the storm and floods to pass you by. Hmmm, no, make that positive thoughts for the storm to wind down quickly! We'll be thinking of you.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Completely agree Itchy stay safe my friend

Hi Overs had a lovely lie in with Mrs sw then decided to go shopping which was a bad idea as not only did it start raining but I had serious weight walking with the bags and we got to the cab station they said half hour traffic was choca block well were home now my arms are sore

Going to watch the rugby
Old 10-24-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

You'll have muscles like Popeye, wolfie!

Beautiful evening, sky's blue with a few Simpson clouds and sun getting ready to set.

Good luck with your closets, Carlos, good job you've got your daughter helping!

Hi sassy, toots, Fbl, Dee, zippy, Inpar, itchy, Feeling-good and all.

Clicks back in the morning in the uk. An extra hour to get confused with!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
I never get sick, or get any headaches ever except once when I was about 28 years young. I can't imagine how irritating and intrusive that could be regardless of knowing it will pass in a week and then you get a short reprieve until the next bout with the discomfort of the virals.

Wolf,
Don't they sell shopping carts/wagons over there? I have three here but mine are the much heavier non collapsing kind that haul heavy loads behind a riding mower. We use them all the time. But for the occasional shopping expedition that may involve cabs the collapsible ones would be ideal with or without the cab: Folding Utility Wagon Collapsible Garden Cart Shopping Beach Toy Sports Cart Red | eBay

Toots:
OK you are a talented (and published) writer, world traveler, gentle curmudgeon, and all around wit, and you want more? Go for it. Personality is easy alone in small groups or written. Few know they have it on stage until the go onstage!

RZ,
You're just saying that cause it's true!

FBL,
Yeah we are getting some. ( Remember how the meanings have changed of that phrase from adolescent to middle age to the senior ,moments?? )
Hey guys, when I say flooding I mean the kind that goes down after the rain stops. My problem is a soil erosion problem since with no rain and the end of the growing season, plus the final loads of topsoil and finish grade has not been done yet. So I did spend to have rain gutters installed which solved part of the vulnerability to the dirt pad/foundation. Our carpet is taking a beating as the pups have to go out and despite wiping feet, and having a mudroom entrance, they still are a mess. Can't bathe them three times a day.

However if the rain stays as long as earlier in the year that could be a real flooding issue down in town.

Sassy,
Thanks, it is drizzling today and it is my turn next to shower /shave, then off to the polls to get rid of some politicians and replace them with others! It is like trying to get rid of mosquitoes. You can repel them, and kill the current bunch, but a new bunch hatches out of the sewer and returns for a blood meal. Parasites just like politicians!

Carlos,
As we found, we both use the term Cool Beans! but for the folks across the pond that is only an exclamation that is essentially the same as when you guys say "Brill!"

Remember we full time RV'd for seven years after I retired at 45 the first time? We learned we did not need a bunch of stuff to own us. And I thought that would keep us from collecting "stuff" again in mass quantities. Our mistake? We built two big storage buildings one a 24X30 steel workshop with a concrete slab, the other a wood floored 12X 24 finished out and climate controlled one. It is a given that people of a particular race will always fill all available space. That race? The human race. We actually upsized the house, but downsized the available junk space with an open floor plan. So we went through stuff as we set up out new spaces. There are three bedrooms, one master suite, one now my office, and the other for actual overnight gusts and as storage in its closet for our winter coats. It will still have the hidden spare office in a cabinet, and a TV. That room is currently stacked two boxes high and most of it the stuff from our old shared office and spare bedroom. Our problem is not downsizing as much as organizing in the new spaces and storage. My SH has a cubbyhole office built in which is like a nook off the hall rather than a room. But it is too easy to procrastinate and shut the door to the current junk room. Good luck bud.

Dee we will be fine. Thanks!

I am sure that regardless of where in the world you hang your hat sall have no doubt heard of the new Star Wars coming out in December? Well not only are the original cast members in it as their oldere selves, but they made three trailers for it. I can never get enough star wars, so when I found this morning that some enterprising film editors had edited all three trailers into one super trailer I had to see it. Here it is guys!
Old 10-24-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

I can't wait for the force awakens its going to epic seeing what has happened to Luke apparantly he's super powerful like super Jedi or something on boy I can't wait for that

We have a shopping buggy but didn't think we'd end up with as much shopping as we got plus the cab situation in gridlocked traffic didn't help the rain actually cooled us down a tad plus we found cover under a tree

Next time were bringing the trolly thanks for the link bud

Thanks Mags