Re-Member

Here is the other trim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trim4 (Small).JPG (56.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Here is a close up as the trim is built from many pieces and is more than a foot across. She also did all the crown moldings around the ceilings and set the doors and framing trim. They paid her what they would have paid their trim guy, that way they knew we would be happy with the quality. The owner of the company had come by to hive us a trade value on out old one and saw her portfolio.

The 1920-1950 Dripolators on the top are what I collect. They make drip coffee on the stove burner

We make a pretty good team.
Attached Images
Trim2 (Small).JPG (54.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Last one with 12 oz soda can for scale:
Attached Images
Trim3 (Small).JPG (68.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Looks pretty nice Itch! I love the wood floors and colours of the walls. And your dog is sooo cute. Cool collection of those coffee pots! I bet they make great coffee.
Everything is so new and clean-looking, basically the opposite of where I'm living haha. It is definitely a learning curve, learning how to do this country living thing.
I'm more comfortable tonight than I have been so far-meaning, warmer.
I've made it two days without contacting the guy, he was texting me last night but I think he knows I'm serious this time. I hope anyway. I still feel a lot better, missing him but not in a bad way, in a way that I know I'll get over in time.
I had a fight with a good friend today, I think we might stop speaking. Tired of her drama and she has a terrible ego. I think I'm going through a process of cutting people out of my life who aren't serving me any more. Not that people have to "serve" me—you know what I mean. People who take up space without earning it.
Itchy have you been keeping up with Wait But Why? He posted his final Elon Musk instalment, and it's a good one: The Cook and the Chef: Musk's Secret Sauce - Wait But Why

My stove hasn't rebelled against me and filled my entire place with smoke yet, tonight, first night that hasn't happened! (That's ten days, folks, of smoke-filled nights.) My friends came over and gave me a good lesson on how to properly light a fire in a wood stove. It's amazing how you can go your whole life thinking you know how to light a fire.....I'm making new friends which is cool.

Wednesday is a day off for us for Remembrance Day, my friend and I (another reporter) are taking a road trip to Fort Nelson, yeehaaww!!! Exciting times. Never been that far north before.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Do your best

I know you was Itchy Np bud

Good morning 7.24am
Old 11-09-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
The pic would not take in the first post try again:
Hey! What's going on. Pics cannot be 450X0 dimensions?? That is a line. Have the pics been turned off? Mine are resized to only about 70-85kb, no giant multi megabyte raw pics.

Whassup?
I rarely use attachments Itch.

I'm unaware of any changes to the limits but I may not be in the need to know queue LOL

I assumed the chart meant a max height is not applicable but I just got told that the limit for my pic was 640x0 so somethings screwy.

If you would like to let the techs know by posting in the tech forum, I'd appreciate it Itchy - you sound like you know more than I do

D
Old 11-10-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I got the same thing on a pic I tried to post the other day too! 460 X 0 that's not even a line Itchy, that a big fat zero!!

Love the trim, I've put that stuff up before ( not quite as fancy as yours) so I know how difficult it is to get it looking as good as your missus has. Kudos to her. The whole place looks awesome. And boy did I have a flashback when you mentioned the dripolators we had one for ever ( ma & pa may still have it hidden away in the garage somewhere!) a bit smaller than those and a little fancier.

Wolfie, I found some Pilates stretches on YouTube that I do after my run that also seem to help my neck. Also years ago I lived near a chiropractic school and the pupils in their last year were let loose on the public under supervision. It cost peanuts to get treatment. Massage schools do similar. Might be worth checking near you.

Dee, when I hurt my knee my back bothered me because I walked lopsided, maybe you are tending to protect your ribs and it's causing a knock on pain in your back? Poor you, I know you already have enough on your plate without the extra! I learned defensive driving as part of my instructor training, it will certainly help you plan in advance with the road ahead.

Have a good Tuesday all x
Old 11-10-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It was only on one pic where I combined all four into a collage Dee, so no, I'll do the work at my end. Despite it being a jpeg .jpg file, the collage had some property different. That is on my end. I may try a different collage app from the Windows store. Rather than have four posts with one pic in each, I used o do collages with Picasa that posted fine here. But since Google went all out intrusive I got rid of all the Google programs and devices. So I'm still experimenting with the Windows tablet apps.

Wolf,
Good.

Toots,
Thanks! She i a fantastic interior trim carpenter, used to do all the high end homes here on new construction and remodeling, then she flipped houses until the last one in 2008 that she old the week before the bubble bust and property values plummeted.

Dripolators were most popular until WWII when they were all wanted for making war planes and such. Housewives were reluctant until the latest greatest home appliance to die for being the first o have were the fancy new electric percolators. Horrible taste boiled coffee has from percolating. So they became scarce as hen's teeth. Some of them go for big buck but I find maybe on every two to three years now.

IP,
Thanks, it looks new because it is. My office is still piles on the floor slowly getting organized, and the living room in the pic is just stuff on the floor out of sight with the chairs just huddled temporarily for the little TV until we find the new 4k one.

Yes I did get their newsletters but they dropped me because I did not get that last one. I not only got into Musk in 2000-2003, I am heavily invested in Tesla a I've mentioned before. Usually I am the one explaining him to others.

New or rustic cabin, both are just stages to act our lives upon. Minimalism appeals too.

Still up at 2:45am local here. I am binge watching the Amazon series "Angels In America." top stars, Twilight Zone like story.

Nite all.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I think thats the case Toots - all seems ok today tho apart from being a little unsteady on my feet...

D
Old 11-10-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itch I think that's the shortest msg I've ever had from you have a good day, yesterday I was having problems uploading pics on my album some were uploading sideways & I can't see your pics now or individual pics on my album
Old 11-10-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try clearing out your cookies SW

D
Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Well, it looks like I'm stuck on my health insurance. With the so-called "affordable" health care act, I'm now going to be paying $430 a month (up from $200 per month). I'm planning on talking to my boss about continuing to cover his half, which will help a lot. I may also start working a few more hours here or possibly looking for a second job. We're also planning to talk to mom about gifting some of her money while she's still around. I can't lie to you guys, I'm feeling pretty bummed out over this. I'm hopeful that it all works out and I don't end up on the street.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 11-10-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

nice trim there itch!

very architectural digestish!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Great pics, Itchy! Awesome job Mrs Itchy did on the trim :-). You two sound like a pair of overachievers.

IP, I also have dropped some people from my life as I've moved along.

FBL, so sorry to hear about the money woes. Health insurance was supposed to be more affordable but I think that all the politics involved and the burgeoning corporate greed have messed up what could have been an incredibly good thing. I hope your boss will pay half!

Hi RZ, Wolfie, Mags, Dee, Toots and all of the Overs
Old 11-10-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Do your best

I clear my cookies nearly every night after logging out still nothing going to check tech bit see if they have seen my msg

Have had a bad migraine all day nothing was clearing it kool n sooth & a really hot bath has helped so I might not be as active tonight

I saw the Amy film on Sunday with mrs sw so tragic what happened RIP Amy Winehouse
Old 11-10-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi Overs! Love the trim Itchy SW - go away migraine!! Dee - steady as you go.

Good day, but tired now - bed time soon
Old 11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

FBL-I guarantee that it will all work out and you will not end up on the street. If you do-you can hold me personally responsible and come stay at my place.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf,
What Operating System do you use to get online? iOS with an iPhone or iPad, OSX with a Mac, Android with a phone or tablet, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10?

Which browser are you using? e.g. FireFox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, etc. Let me know. If Windows do you have Flash loaded?

Then I might be able to help you troubleshoot your picture viewing issues.

I agree, Amy Winehouse's death was a great shame.

FBL,
X2 IP! You said it best. Besides if you emigrate to Canada, land of the Looney and Toony, they have national health care like Britain and every other non third world civilized country except the US. But I am sure that you feel threatened as you said. Is your state one that pulled a grandstand political play and refused to take the ACA money like Jindal did to Louisiana? If so that explains it. It will work out. I'm sorry you feel badly. I would too.

Thanks RZ.
We love the house. Thanks!

Thanks Sassy, She is for sure. I just hold up one end when she asks. I agree with you on the politicians messing up what was a great thing, still can be.

Thanks FG, steady as you go too!

OK Guys I just wasted the day trying to set up a new computer digital TV tuner all day. I will have to call Thursday after the holiday.

Tomorrow is Remembrance day in commonwealth countries. We have Veteran's Day on the same day where we honor the living survivors and their families.

However, Remembrance Day is the same as our Memorial day. It is the day when we remember those who gave all.

Here for the folks from the USA who don't really know it is the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

"The common British, Canadian, South African, and ANZAC tradition includes a one or two minute silence at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month (11:00 am, 11 November), as that marks the time (in the United Kingdom) when the armistice became effective.

The Service of Remembrance in many Commonwealth countries generally includes the sounding of the "Last Post", followed by the period of silence, followed by the sounding of "Reveille" or sometimes just "The Rouse" (often confused for each other), and finished by a recitation of the "Ode of Remembrance". The "Flowers of the Forest", "O Valiant Hearts", "I Vow to Thee, My Country" and "Jerusalem" are often played during the service. Services also include wreaths laid to honour the fallen, a blessing, and national anthems.

The central ritual at cenotaphs throughout the Commonwealth is a stylised night vigil. The Last Post was the common bugle call at the close of the military day, and The Rouse was the first call of the morning. For military purposes, the traditional night vigil over the slain was not just to ensure they were indeed dead and not unconscious or in a coma, but also to guard them from being mutilated or despoiled by the enemy, or dragged off by scavengers. This makes the ritual more than just an act of remembrance but also a pledge to guard the honour of war dead. The act is enhanced by the use of dedicated cenotaphs (literally Greek for "empty tomb") and the laying of wreaths—the traditional means of signalling high honours in ancient Greece and Rome."

Read the Article in full. Remember them. Honor them by your honor. They paid with their lives. Our tithe is only to pay our respects.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for that reminder Itch

D