Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope molly gets well soon Toots
Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Zip, hope you had a painless visit to the dentist.

Well, it looks like summer is finally over. Rainy and windy here today with highs around 50F. Time to hang up the shorts for awhile.

Have a great Friday, gang!
Old 11-06-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

it wasn't too bad fbl

the only real pain left is where they shoved the needles in me

i have a high tollerence to pain, and thats another reason it took me till age 48 to surrender! lol
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hope Molly is up and doing better Toots. HRH snorts her regards.

I don't think my voice has improved; as I have gotten older it has darkened and lowered (finally as some would say.) The high A and Bb are not possible anymore, G is about the limit, and F can be a stretch. May lose my prized Tenor 1 position. It certainly is easier to follow the music when not drunk or on the way to it, that is for sure. For example, the choir was poorly placed last night and I could not see the conductor. If I had been drunk, who knows what mayhem I would have caused.

HA! I have lived this for sure!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Sorry my posts have been short. I think of so many comments to make to all of your posts and then get tugged away by loads of things to do!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Overs
Old 11-06-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Re-Member

No lectures from me Dee. Living involves bruising of the heart, mind, and body, when we are pushing one over another. Life's joyful at its best, careful when we sprain ourselves coming back down to Earth!

Toots!
Congratulations on your labor, don't get stuck in delivery!

I'm glad you inspire bear hugz!

FBL,
Raining here, big storms but the tornados not hitting here so far. Ahh Jonathon Harris attired in his Dr. Zachary "give my regards to oblivion" Smith attire and all his tonsorial uniqueness.
PM me a link? Can I say I knew you when, now that you are getting in the spotlight?

Wolf,
I still overdo things despite knowing better. To not is to succumb. To succumb, death is a relief. Be careful friends you suggest succumbing to don't relieve themselves all over you.

Petals,
Good to see you.! Love it! If indeed you mean it, then Mr. P and AV's cooperation is neither necessary nor sought after.

Let them varmints know ya got friends who know how to deal with pesky AVs.

Drake,
Olive sounds cute! Your music really gets you revved. It's great to hear your vocal exploits and the work it takes. The piece you mentioned is not in my experience so I YouTubed it here: Nice!

RZ,
Easy Rider -NOT!!

Morning O Sassified one!

Mags,
Yep, the problems with teens are teens! Fireworks?
Congrats on still having the job to wipe you out! Hope it continues! (The job, not the wipeout!)

Toots, my problem is hitting back on the same page looking for a post on the previous page to check if I remembered right. I make copious mental notes, but more often than not, found I've lost my notebook! Another forum I use has the same Infopop forum software and they have an auto save of posts where you can restore it if deleted or lost. Works 100% of the time. I forget they haven't enabled that here, thus I'm a keystroke late and a lost post behind, remembering the posts can't be retrieved here.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
In the bad ol days it could have been this:
Old 11-06-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs, Friday evening is upon us. Hope all is well.

Pleased your podcast interview went well, Fbl.

Drake hope your concert went well, I'd love to be able to sing!

Yeah, I've still got a job for now to be tired over, itchy. I'm grateful for that.

Fireworks do tend to scare our pets. Pleased yours were safe, Wolfie, toots.

We've had surprisingly mild weather here, Fbl, but I'm sure we'll get some winter weather soon. Got the road grit ready as the grittier doesn't pass through our road only the bus route through the village.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

It went well, but the whole thing was a bit under-rehearsed. I didn't help jumping in at the last minute. We never rehearsed in the space where we performed and the lay out for the choir was horrible. I and many others could not see the conductor. Made for some ragged entrances. But all seemed to like it.

Since I am gone a lot in December, that will probably be my last big show for the year.

Gabriel Fauré was 19 when he wrote that.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hi overs!

Was at my doctor's today and apparently I have a cyst on the base of my middle finger that needs a steroid injection in it - eek! At least it can be treated somewhat!

My neice is now at the stage where medically her cancer can not be treated which is extremely sad news. How long she has left is anyone's guess, but any prayers for a true miracle would be great...

I am so glad it is Friday and the weekend is here
Old 11-06-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itchy what did that mean I'm laughing at the relieving bit I hope that never happens
Old 11-06-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I'm glad I never drove when I was drinking Itch - it's very likely I would not be here to talk about it.

I'm not one to wrap myself in cotton wool...I made a mistake but I've learned from it - still not 100% but I'm back on the bike and I'm not being stopped by pain from doing anything.

Life is good

D
Old 11-06-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
I did not drink 'n drive either. Made a hermit out of me, and a morning errand person counting the minutes until I could get home and get lit. Well, I did drive drunk many times in the 60s and early 70s right up to about 1986. Rarely but at least a few times a year. I was active duty and the SH was a Deputy City Marshall and I volunteered to help the Police Department do nystagmus training. I had to drink then let the officers have me follow their pen with my eyes and they would gauge our % alcohol. They video'd us and I thought I fooled them all and held my liquor fine. I remembered no staggering and doing the walk the line etc. perfectly. The video was of some stranger who was all over the place sloppy drunk. I never drove with more than two drinks from that point on. I was horrified remembering how many times I drove hot motorcycles and sports cars with as much even more thinking I was fine. DUI awareness didn't come about until I was in my late thirties.

Wolf,
That was just some friendly elbowing in the ribs off your concern for lecturing Dee. In other words don't sweat the small stuff, and guys have testosterone for a reason. To give us an excuse when we start full steam ahead too early, or with a known issue that we tell ourselves, I am in good shape, I can do a little shovel work if I am careful, which rationale got me my latest pulled back.

In other words just being silly with a friend. That would be you and the rest of the bozos on this bus.

Drake,
Pretty young for such a haunting and sweet melody. Glad it went well for you.

FG!
My thoughts and energy on the way for your niece. Having just gone through that with the MIL, I wish that if no miracle, that you family can take some care from each other.

Boy that injury begs to show it to everybody. I hope the cyst responds.

I got the minutiae into my office and separated from what gets thrown out, what gets sold, and what gets donated. Now to organize my space and then all that is left is the punch out of the builders, the final repairs to anything not right yet. My back is sore in a good way today. Got r dun!

OK guys being Re-Tired every day is Saturday, but acknowledging you working stiffs, TGIF and FBL should be along any time now with a Song to kick off the weekend.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK it is a mess but all is near where it will live put away neatly. The hard part was unpacking and setting up the keeper and going to be sold or donated piles. Now tomorrow I can take a day and organize the now empty drawers and closet, so the place is neat and put right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PB060001 (Small).JPG (80.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Another
Attached Images
PB060002 (Small).JPG (84.9 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And the messy workbench where I will build/repair things:
Attached Images
PB060003 (Small).JPG (83.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Believe me that is not how I live, that is the" got it ready to organize my old stuff into my new spaces."
Old 11-06-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

looks good Itch

D
Old 11-06-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

FG, sending all positive thoughts and vibes for your niece!

Itch, "sassified one",
Was that a pooch I noticed in the first pic?!

Hi all!