# 482 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Drake & all the overs
Old 11-21-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 8 months, Jen! Don't worry, we'll leave the light on for ya

Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. A couple of inches of fresh snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Pretty to look at, but not so great for driving.

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Jen, congrats on 8 months!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

FBL—me too! We got quite the little storm last night and there's a new blanket of snow. Lucky me I get to drive into town to meet the damn carpet cleaners at my office. If the roads aren't better later I may have to make a "is it really worth it" decision.
Date #3: weird. Watched a christmas tree light-up in a freezing snow storm, haha. Half the town was out, standing around like champs in the snow with smiles on their frozen faces as a children's choir sang in the blasting wind. A real Canadian Moment. I think we will be seeing each other again though. (Me and the guy. Not me and the townspeople. Or the tree.) (Actually of course I will be seeing those again too. Ugh. It's early.)
Jeni, congrats on eight months!
Mags, you just made me laugh out loud over your paragraph-long musings on fleece nightgowns and loungewear! It really is the season, isn't it? I would LOVE me a fleece zip up nightgown. And I love the thought of you sitting in your fleece loungewear, watching a show about loungewear! Doesn't get more Christmassy than that.

Keep warm everyone.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Hiya Jeni, congratulations on8 months, the times flying by!

Inpar, I sometimes think I'm barking (mad) then I realise I am! Pleased your date is going well.
Can you and Fbl send some snow here, please, I'm really in the Christmas mood!

Some people have their decorations up, we're doing ours next weekend. I've been getting some extra bits and bobs to decorate the tree.

watching strictly come dancing, it's in Blackpool this week, their dresses and hair are gorgeous!
Old 11-21-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Inpar, I sometimes think I'm barking (mad) then I realise I am!

And ditto...not like that's a surprise to any of you though.

Love and good morning. ♥
Old 11-22-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yup Mags, deffo 2 stops short of Tooting as we used to say!! ( not sure why, Barking isn't near Tooting but whatever!) I love getting into my fluffy jammys as soon as I get home, I never get unexpected visitors and even if I do, what do I care they think I'm odd? GSon was slacking the other day when we needed to get ready I said " if you don't hurry up and get dressed I'll drag you around tescos in your jammies, " he said " I don't care, loads of people go tescos in their jammies!!"

Jeni, we've saved your old seat, and kept your cup in the cupboard. Can't wait to have you back in the clubroom x
Old 11-22-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

inpar, that nightgown sounds real winter sexy! lol
Old 11-22-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Yep, there's nothing quite like snugly jammys to get us through the cold nights :-)
Old 11-22-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Brrrrrrrrr....baby, it's COLD outside this morning (15F). We got just a little more snow yesterday for about 2-3 inches. Mags, I'll gladly send some it your way

Have a great Sunday, overs!
Old 11-22-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. I'm still kicking and sober- enjoying life for what it is- still working on getting over wishing it was something else

Old 11-22-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Just had a good giggle from you ladies and gentlemen! We're all a bit (or a lot) tooting and barking! It helps! Lol.

What was I thinking wanting snow! It's solid white outside but not snow , Mr Frost has been round delivering and left a whole bunch of solid white stuff in our village.

Hey, toots, your grandson is right! I've seen adults walking round in their nightwear in tesco! I nearly did it myself once then bottled out. I'd been doing a night walk in pyjamas for Lindsey lodge charity and we finished about 2.30am then, they've changed the times now. Also it was a 13 mile walk now it's 8! Any how's, quite a few ladies popped to tesco after the walk, in their nightwear! Lol.

How different we are to the Victorians in our dress, we're so casual nowadays. Even when we were kids I seem to recall we had 'Sunday best' clothes. Always had to take our school uniform off when we got home from school! That's ingrained in me cos when I finish work I change out of my work clothes and sometimes straight into my 'old - fashioned, cosy as anything, zip up granny dressing gown-come-loungewear' ! Ah...bliss!

Well it's Monday and I'm leaving hubby at home today, he has to take some holiday days or lose them, poor lad! I've given him a few suggestions, just in case he gets bored!

Went out earlier to feed the stray cat, who's taken residence nearby ( he's not stray really, he belongs to next door -but-three but they don't look after him! Ggrrrrh, makes my blood boil, people having pets and not taking care of them. Anyhow, i digressed, the cold doesn't half affect my asthma, thought I was going to have another attack! Must remember to keep scarf over head (leave peepholes for eyes!) hope your asthma is ok, Dee.

I need a new invention for glasses as when I put them on my nose they irritate and put pressure on my sinuses. So any ideas, like a headband with specs on? Lol.

Rightio, I'm gonna finish my cuppa and think of going to work. See you all later, keep warm!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Yes Mags, the glasses issue.
If you can figure that out, you could make yourself a million girl.
Half the time I wonder why I can't breath, and then I move my glasses and voila.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great Monday, gang!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Yes, V and Mags - I've worn glasses since I was 11 and have always hated them with an absolute passion. I first got contact lenses when I was 13 and they were larger, hard plastic only and had to travel to NYC to get them - a measure of how desperate I was. Had to go back to glasses in my fifties. Then in mid-sixties I developed a cataract and had both lenses surgically replaced. Heavenly! Nearly perfect vision instead of 20/200!
Old 11-23-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-32-a.html

D