Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 4

Old 09-29-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey SD

Yeah that's why I suggested the bloodwork before you start supplementing. B vits are readily available in pretty much healthy food sources....lean protein, fruits ,veg and grains. Alcoholism causes serious deficiencies however so might be worth the $100. If your dr knows you well, and your condition, you might be able to get the ok from a phone call.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Yeah I hear ya Mathilda. Not much I can do at this point. She knows the issues and doesn't seem too concerned. It's sad that a lot of people just don't value animals....especially cats. To me they are kind of like kids....
Old 09-29-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Midton, Juno, you are doing great. The real test are days like that. You inspire me!

Rar, I work in a historical building. Literally every year we have bees and hornets in the walls. One year, they had to break through the wall of my colleague's office and all this honey came out. It was insane!
OMG! I would totally lose it! We've patched up the exterior hole and hope those remaining in the wall/nest have died. We couldn't find where the interior hole is. We suspect it's behind the furnace, washer/dryer or someplace we can't see.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Facing Future!!

Thanks everyone for the support tonight. I'll be happy in the morning! Logging on here first really helped. Also getting on the treadmill. After the treadmill, I decided to go to my SMART meeting, which was a really good decision. Good night! It's supposed to rain here for the next 5 days - yikes!!!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Juno,

thanks! And thanks to everyone in the class. You all are warriors, and I'm proud of each of you. Sorry that I dropped out in the middle.

Random request: anyone know any good recovery podcasts?

Much love!

FF
Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Double post...

Wisdom for the group:

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

F Scott Fitzgerald
Old 09-29-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SD

I don't know where you are that it costs over $100 - thats a bit rich!
I'd look around - a few places around still bulkbill.

you could always ask a nurse too:

13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a 24/7 phone service for all Queenslanders seeking advice about their health or information about health services. For the cost of a local call, registered nurses provide health information and referral services.

D
Old 09-29-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Please forgive me guys. I drank today . Looking forward to waking up tomorrow and starting over.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back FaithfulandFree

D
Old 09-29-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

Hi, I've been around on the forums a few days now this time around, but I didn't join this thread because when I got here it was already so long and everyone already knew each other and it was scary ... But I managed to read through all the posts on this Part 4, and I'm going to hope that's good enough. You seem like a great bunch, and there was a lot of smart stuff said in just the 100 or so posts I read. And I figure I'd like to join even though it's the end of the month of September since it seems that these class threads continue even after the month is over, so ... maybe it's okay?

I'm ten days sober today. So far, I've been working hard to do all the things I decided I need to do to stay sober, and it's been good. No real cravings or thoughts about drinking. For now at least, I've accepted that it's just over, and time to start cleaning up. Don't know how long that will last, but it's great for now :p
Old 09-30-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys, it's coming up to the end of the month, at least where I am

For those who don't know, this September thread will 'graduate' to the Daily Support Forum.

Nothing else will change - you guys stay together and keep posting for however many years you like.....

I'll do this in 5 or 6 hours before I hit the hay - I'll put a redirect in so people can find the new spot.

Your place in this forum will be taken by the new October 2015 thread.

Please feel free to drop in and give the new class encouragement through this next month

D
Old 09-30-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Checking in Day 8. Have a great day everyone. Faithfulandfree, you're back again and that's the main thing. Don't beat yourself up too much. Keep posting especially when you feel like you might grab that drink.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry - had to move you guys a little early because there could be a storm brewing here...

Congratulations on your graduation guys - it's been a great month and a great Class
Old 09-30-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you came back FaithfulandFree

D
I'm glad you're back Faithful. (((Faithful)))
Old 09-30-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Welcome helpimalive - glad you joined in!! Congrats on 10 days! Though I'm not 'actively' counting I can't help but to notice it's 7 days since my last slipup. That's cool. Gotta get over the hump of 10 days and we'll see where I can take this Hopefully good places!

I've got a busy but good day today starting with yoga. That always helps - the midweek break for me. I'm not going into the office because I have a few other appointments and tonight another "Back to School" night (the last one of my 3 kids who go to 3 different schools!) September has been a crazy month, but I'm landing on my feet!!! Good day to all. Another dreary one here. I think we got a tropical storm hovering over the east coast.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Welcome back F&F.

Glad to wake up clear headed this morning. I'm kind of excited to get to tomorrow as that will be two weeks. 27 more times and I've got a year, right?

Anyway, hope everyone is well this day. Congrats on graduating to the new forum!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi guys, haven't posted in a few days and I bet you can guess why. I drank Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings. Of course I wish I hadn't, it was stupid and totally not worth it. But I'm not going to beat myself up, that attitude just makes me want to keep drinking. I know what I should've done - posted, wait it out, eat something, read- I know, it was my own fault. Luckily I'm stopping it at 3 nights and I'm not hungover today. Also, I want to end September sober with you guys and start October with a clear head and mindset. All in all, I didn't drink for 22 out of 30 days in September once I get through today. It could be, and has been much worse. I'm shooting for 31 days in October
Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Facing- try "The Bubble Hour" many good episodes

Checking in on day 16- pink cloud syndrome has disappeared, now feel like I'm slogging thru the fog a bit but am loving the deep rem sleep I've been getting.

Welcome helpI"mAlive! This is a large group and many great posters/people here….we may know a few people more than others but we are all new to this group and new to sobriety. I've found that these groups can be extremely helpful and supportive (in my last attempt).

Juno- I have 3 kids as well and "yes" a very dreary/rainy day on the East Coast today.

Shout out to Cape Girl and Midton!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 31

I beat the hell out of you september, take that.

In other news I was super depressed and anxious all day. Too little sleep, too much coffee, bad weather, and underprepared for work. But thats okay. Small victories. I am sober, my stomach is better than ever, I am saving money, I am doing cool things.

I worked out yesterday and today. It feels phenomenal. My body is ....responding to me. Its very cool. I want to keep it up. Odd parralel to drinking, I often start working out and just slip up. Much like not drinking, starting any new habit requires persistent and consistent action day by day. Huh.

Well, day by day it goes then.

I'm sorry I don't respond much to you guys. I skim when I can, but I'm usually out and about. I check it for the sake of my sanity, sometimes scroll through SR when I'm having a panic.

It helps.

Evening stroll mayhaps? Later folks.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me. Yesterday evening was my toughest yet as a lot of things are just hitting me at the same time. But I do feel a lot better this morning after giving myself a chance to disconnect from the world and decompress a bit.