last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 09-28-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me first! Happy monday
Old 09-28-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Monday Monday....ok I'm going to complain a little...I'm sorry, hate doing that. My neighbor has kittens...three of em. They have decided they like me better so they are living in my house. I have an indoor/outdoor cat who is free to come and go through the cat doors so I can't lock him out. The little critters even moved their stuff in ....I'm not kidding. 3 little cat toys. They are cute as heck but heck no. Woke me up all night last night. Neighbor is not responding to me. Ugh. I'm going to have to get tough....hate confrontation. I bet I'll have 4 cats within the week. Or maybe I already do.

I have a classic car that I've been trying to sell. It was my late husbands so its hard to get rid of but I just don't use it and can't take care of it. I had it sold on ebay, got the deposit, guy flies out here....decides he doesn't want it. Who does that? I didn't have the heart not to return his deposit. Weenie. And I had 3 other buyers all within 100 bucks of each other. So back to the drawing board.

So ok, none of this is a big deal....I get that. Just irritating. Life is good. The car will sell. I'll deal with my new feline family. Ok one more complaint...since I'm on a roll. I have a really bad back....and I'm finally going to a chiropractor, I have no insurance. I just hope he can do something. Its so draining being in pain all the time and it does effect my mood. Wahhhhhhh. I'm really sorry. Just had to get that out. Buzz kill, I know. No butterflies and sparkles this morning....
Old 09-28-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your week gets better Fricka

D
Old 09-28-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 today. The drive home from work is my biggest trigger...usually I've had a somewhat stressful or mostly just unfulfilling day at work, and during the drive home, my brain tells me to counteract that with alcohol. Generally if I can just make it home, I'll be okay.

I'm dealing with a lot of anxiety and fear right now. Just general life stuff that I was repressing with alcohol. Trying my best to deal with it.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

great post Sportsfan…it completed resonated with me what you were saying about feelings etc. Hope your day/week gets better Frick : )

Monday morning after a great sleep is pretty amazing….coffee is tasting even better to me these days.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like your quote ClearEyes!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Wow, we are on a new thread. We're just a chatting group, huh? I think it is great. I will go back later today and catch up on the happenings of the weekend. I hope that everyone is well!

I am doing really well. Very busy couple of days with work, and today is my long day, but I feel calm and focused. Yesterday, I was working on a project (one that I often can't work on for more than a few minutes at a time) and looked up and two hours had flown by. It is a long time since I have had that feeling.

Tomorrow will be day 21--can't believe it.

Okay, hitting the grindstone. Won't be home until late tonight, but will try to at least read and catch up. I do hope all of you are well and have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey! Hope everyone has a productive Monday!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

[PS: Fricka, I hope that the day is fantastic. Those little annoyances can add up. And three or four kitties is nothing to sneeze at
Old 09-28-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

@ Fricka: Monday Monday....ok I'm going to complain a little...I'm sorry, hate doing that. My neighbor has kittens...three of em. ir stuff in ....I'm not kidding. 3 little cat toys. They are cute as heckThey have decided they like me better so they are living in my house. I have an indoor/outdoor cat who is free to come and go through the cat doors so I can't lock him out. The little critters even moved the but heck no. Woke me up all night last night. Neighbor is not responding to me. Ugh. I'm going to have to get tough....hate confrontation. I bet I'll have 4 cats within the week. Or maybe I already do. Years ago, we had 4 feral kittens born in our garage (actually there were 5, but one was dead). We took the kittens to the vet - they had ringworm and pneumonia, plus their eyes were crusted shut. The 4 cats received treatment and medication. Ended up bottle feeding them. When they were old enough, I took them to the animal shelter, where they told me that they had too many cats and that they would have to be euthanized Well, that wasn't an option, especially after bottle feeding them. So, back home they came and we raised them (along with our ONE). They lived to ripe old ages of 12-15 yrs. Good luck, Frick.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rar

From ClearEyes, ""Life can become very normal again and you might find yourself wondering if you really had a problem with alcohol in the past. You did and you must not ever let yourself forget it."

This is SO TRUE. I have had those thoughts.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say "Good morning" to my class of Sept. 2015. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone today. My plans are to get to the gym for a light workout and run by the grocery store on my way home.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Seems I'm a day ahead of all of you guys over here. Thought I'd check in before bedtime. It's 9.30pm Monday night over here in Western Australia and I'll be first to welcome Tuesday.
Just wanted to let you know I think you are all pretty awesome.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning, I'm waking up to Day 28 here. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and I went to the wine aisle and stood there staring at the bottle I would normally buy... I was just standing there thinking about how many times, despite a little voice inside me yelling not to, I would ignore it and reach out and put it in my cart, like I was on autopilot. It was hard but also felt pretty good to walk out of that aisle empty handed.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
From ClearEyes, ""Life can become very normal again and you might find yourself wondering if you really had a problem with alcohol in the past. You did and you must not ever let yourself forget it." This is SO TRUE. I have had those thoughts.
Like I said love the quote!

Another one I like I saw on a members profile:

Alcohol-ism = Incredible short memory
Old 09-28-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

28 days is fantastic Sleepy! (High Five!)
Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Just checking in on day 11. Made it to Monday, so for me I get to coast for at least a few days. Glad to be productive this week and to be able to care for the kids fully instead of in a fog.

Happy sober day.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Monday morning again? Already? The weekends seem to dissolve into the workweek much too quickly. But to inch closer to that one month mark is so exciting! And the best part is that my AH told me yesterday that he wants to cut back to the point of only drinking the absolute minimum. It's hopeful and he did great last night. What a boost for our relationship. That will be a wait-and-see proposition in longevity, but something is better than nothing! I hope everyone has a great week and kicks their AV to the curb. Hugs!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! So much good advice here. I don't post much but I read the posts everyday - they are helping me so much and keeping me grounded. Thank you! I am at 31 one days today - Wow! I haven't been having any cravings, thank God, but still have terrible headaches daily. I am seeing the doc today. I don't really want to tell her about my drinking, but I think it is related, so I will.
One thing really hit me yesterday - my fiance and I have a favorite show and the season opener was last night. So, for the past few weeks, we have been re-watching the past 2 seasons on hulu - to catch up. Wow!! I don't remember soooooo much of it - some shows I'd swear I didn't watch, but I know I did. Very scary to have not remembered so much. I know there are a ton of other stuff that I don't "remember". So grateful to be on this path to sobriety!!! Thanks for listening and you are all in my thoughts!