Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 4

Old 09-28-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Nothing to write but I'd better write anyway. I can sense myself becoming somewhat less that fastidious about posting, becoming more distant. This is potentially dangerous as I feel I have to touch base to remind myself why I'm on this site ( I basically don't post anywhere else).

Anyway a beautiful Tuesday morning and day 24.
I agree on the potential danger. I relapsed after a several month sobriety period because I grew complacent and perhaps thought I could go it on my own. Please keep up your vigilance. Like you, SR was/is my only support system.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Not much to report today, I had a good sleep, my insomnia goes away if I stop drinking.
Just work and a long philosophy class tonight, I'll probably grab a Starbucks drink to treat myself.
Xx
Old 09-28-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Not much to report today, I had a good sleep, my insomnia goes away if I stop drinking.
Just work and a long philosophy class tonight, I'll probably grab a Starbucks drink to treat myself.
Xx
That class might help with your insomnia tonight. LOL Hang in there J. We're all hanging in here together and we're sober. YAY!.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I have a support system, I STILL need to be here. You are part of that system. The angst, anger...all my emotions can be honest....I know I can't hurt someone else while working thru all my garbage. Heading to court with oldest daughter in a few weeks. Custody of my ten year old grand to be decided. Her family imploded twice. Her brother died four years ago December. Her parents divorced the following May. 32days later he remarried and got two boys and a girl with #2. Now he's super dad.....and off to court we go. His papers state that if he wins custody, he wants to sever our visitation with her. We live 900 miles away, and twice a year we go there for her school breaks.camping with your grandparents twice a year.....what judge would take that away?? We have NO criminal history....OWN our farm outright, both of us each in our SAME jobs for 25 years. What lawyer even thought this was a case? My daughter is in grief therapy. The EX says there's no need for therapy if you are strong. Therapy = Weakness with him.
There again, the anonymity of SR helps me to be real and figure myself out.

Thanks all
Hugs
Old 09-28-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Day 9 here, I did what I said and am organizing my house. I'm nearly done and already starting to convince myself that I deserve a glass of wine before bed just to relax after all the work I've done. The urge is so strong. I almost didn't come here in fear of being talked out of getting wine. But here I am, hoping the urge subsides soon.
FaithfulAndFree - Don't do it, it really is not worth it. Quitting is hard and I think every time we go back to day one it gets a little bit harder. Don't make it harder on yourself, you CAN get through this. The last bad craving I had all I could do was just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing until it subsided. Or maybe a change of scenery or eating something would help?
Old 09-28-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I was able to ride the craving out and I have to thank you guys for getting me over that hump. Now I can go to sleep happy and sober....... Excited to wake up with no hangover or regrets. Goodnight all!!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Rar

@ 3Wolves: I believe in many states, grandparents have legal rights. In those states, a grandparent's rights can't be severed without due cause.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Rar

Glad you're through it Faithful.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm in a weird place tonight. Not in danger of drinking, but my mind is all over the map. Decided I need to lose 5-7 pounds and am going to try stepping up the exercise and reducing the calories. When I stop drinking I tend to gain weight. I'm not in danger of going back to drinking for that reason, but just trying to sort it all out. I should just go to bed. Things will seem better in the morning (and with no hangover!)
Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Going to bed is always a good plan,Juno.

I'm still so incredibly tired. It's been 9 days of this now. I'm on day 16 I think, but from day 7 onwards I have been seriously exhausted.

I know it will pass, just wish it would hurry up. I wake up grumpy, I'm grumpy with the kids again and I just want the day to be over so I can go back to bed. It's not a depressed thing, just physically tired.

I got complimented on my face yesterday which was nice though. My ex motherinlaw said my face looked thinner (she doesn't know I have a problem with alcohol or that I'm dealing with it) so that cheered me up a bit. I can actually see a proper jaw line!
I'm down to 79kg too (started at 83) so whenever I get cravings to drink, I just need to jump infront of a mirror to see the physical effects not drinking is having on my body.

Anyway, rambling on, congrats to all those that are reaching milestones today!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm feeling major fatigue too SD….it's been hitting me early afternoon for the past 4 days out of the blue. Just lay down and nap in 10 minutes-type fatigue. I remember this from my last attempt a year ago…looking forward to the 30 day mark where, if I remember right, started to feel much better physically. I equate early recovery to having a mild flu…bodies are just out of whack after so much liquid abuse.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 30

Tomorrow makes one full month, the entire month of September.

I have to say I've had temptations but I haven't come close. A large part of that is I haven't set foot in a bar, haven't seen any large groups of people, have only met people one and one and people who don't care if I drink or not. I think there will be many more tests as the months roll on. But this is the best foundation I've built in all my attempts to quit.

I just have to build up the rest of my sober life now. I've been working on sleep, and thats been nice, as the weeks roll on I want to have mini missions, I want my sleep handled, I want to be back in shape, I want to have my language learning back on point. There are more, but those are the first things.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Checking in day 7.

Had a dream last night that I went a week and treated myself to a whiskey and had an instant hangover in my dream.....I was so angry at myself. Gotta say I'm loving waking up in the morning without feeling sick and dizzy and having to drag myself around all day. I'm getting up on time, feeling normal all day and feeling tired at nighttime.

Please let me have the strength to continue. I don't want to have those feelings again.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Congrats Kinzoku!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 7 is great Cameron!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today - there's some really great recovery and support happening in this thread

D
Old 09-29-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey Midton - you may be different than me and you certainly seem to have much better resolve to follow through with your goals than I do! - but everytime I feel like drifting away from here it's because my mind is planning a relapse. That's just kind of how it works for me. But you're doing awesome as is everyone else reaching milestones and keeping up the day to day work!

I have to say I'm doing well today. Off to work soon and things are really busy but sort of under control Then I have two "mental health" things on my agenda - (1) my group therapy dedicated to change, which has been enormously helpful to me and (2) my SMART recovery group which has been a huge source of strength for me.

I have decided that later on this week I will perform a sage smudging ceremony of my house to rid it of bad vibes, lies, sickness and toxicity that came along with drinking secretly. My hope is that after the ceremony I will be even less inclined to bring alcohol into the house and that the it's a new step forward in my recovery from this mess of addiction.

Great Tuesday to all!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Every day's a different day. A new chance to feel your best. Make it happen today everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Nothing to write but I'd better write anyway. I can sense myself becoming somewhat less that fastidious about posting, becoming more distant. This is potentially dangerous as I feel I have to touch base to remind myself why I'm on this site ( I basically don't post anywhere else).

Anyway a beautiful Tuesday morning and day 24.
I really hope you stay self-aware and stick around Midton.
You do much better when you're a regular part of this community

D
Old 09-29-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
Going to bed is always a good plan,Juno.

I'm still so incredibly tired. It's been 9 days of this now. I'm on day 16 I think, but from day 7 onwards I have been seriously exhausted.

I know it will pass, just wish it would hurry up. I wake up grumpy, I'm grumpy with the kids again and I just want the day to be over so I can go back to bed. It's not a depressed thing, just physically tired.

I got complimented on my face yesterday which was nice though. My ex motherinlaw said my face looked thinner (she doesn't know I have a problem with alcohol or that I'm dealing with it) so that cheered me up a bit. I can actually see a proper jaw line!
I'm down to 79kg too (started at 83) so whenever I get cravings to drink, I just need to jump infront of a mirror to see the physical effects not drinking is having on my body.

Anyway, rambling on, congrats to all those that are reaching milestones today!
Hi SD

Sorry for the fatigue. Have you tried taking B vitamins...especially B1, B12 and folic acid? Magnessium is also a mineral alcoholics are often low in and that can make you tired. If you can have your blood work done, test for those vitamins/minerals, that might help. D is something pretty much everyone is low in which can also affect your energy level. Just a thought.