Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 12-02-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Pink, sorry about the tooth. One of the things on my 2016 list is looking into getting veneers. I had my annual meeting with my financial advisor yesterday, and surprise, surprise, I spent less,so far, in 2015 than I had in at least 25 YEARS!! We all know where that extra money went all those years.........

Dtermined, your quotes have been wonderful.

Choobie, good to hear from you. Your holiday weekend sounded great.

London, I hope you are feeling better. Be careful, that can come right back and knock you down.

Ultra, your post was perfect - that says it all.

1Step, I hope you are doing well.

Grateful, please let us know how you are.

I have book club tonight - we are halfway through The White Dresses.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Determind thanks for the buddha suggestions, I'm looking forward acquiring a selection!
Scooter what a great financial place to be! I don't know how I ever afforded it all!
Handed my notice in today. It's official!
Chilling watching masterchef, no news here xxx
Old 12-02-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Team!

Sorry about the tooth Pink.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Thanks ultra, still a bit sore! X
Old 12-02-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Up early on a day off. Well, that's different from laying in bed drunk til 2 PM on a day off! Every days a win guys!
Studying today, no other plans.
Hope you all have a much more exciting day than me!
Look forward to hearing from you all today!
1Step, how's it going?
Grateful......getting worried about you......xxx
Old 12-03-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hey hey hey, good morning guys!!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic and having a great week. Matting a little cold here myself, but pushing through and I think it will pass. Tis but a flesh wound to coin a Monty Python phrase!

Putting on my pink flamingoes and hitting the gym.

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."

Wiggle it!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Thursday, hope everyone is doing well

I am good today. I seem to be over my cold. Today I went to the dentist too, sorry to hear about your tooth pink. I am now in twice a year for heavy duty cleaning and antibiotics on the gum. Hey Scooter, I say go for it. I have had my implant and 4 crowns for almost a year now and don't regret them - part of the bigger change to my life.

Keep going team. The festive season will throw up some challenges but we can do it together!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

London you are brier than me, I cried at the dentist this time!
Determind get better soon!
I also have a blooming cold! Snot every where. Bleurgh.
Early night for me!
Love xxx
Old 12-03-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Keep it up!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Ah Pink - I feel that fear. I have abandoned visits mid treatment due to shakes and sweats. Luckily for me I have a lovely GP who is aware of my ongoing anxiety battles and so for planned work she will give me a couple of calming pills which help.

Hoping your Cold is better. chicken soup!!

Happy Friday all! And a shout out to you all.

Tomorrow I am heading north for a football game which is corporate entertainment. That old scenario of free drink. But I will boost my sober muscles by getting to an AA tonight. I am am looking forward to the match not getting excited about the bar. What a difference some sober time makes.

Have a great day all.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

It is really Friday!! Woo!!

Good stuff London, just enjoying the event we are at now is still such a unique and cool experience. Be it a game or a concert, not being in an obnoxious fog, in queue at the bar all night and waking up not fully remembering everything is such a wonderful thing. Proud and strong friend, good work.

I went to get a haircut last night. When I arrived, I saw a new craft beer store had opened next door. The beer signs were so bright they lit the street. I was stopped in my tracks for a second by the AV. Then I played the tape and shut it down. I saw a guy bring his two very young sons in the store and walk out with a case and his one son carrying a six pack for him. His eyes were baggy and his face had that puffy look. Boy did that wake me up. I don't freaking want that ever again. Wanted to talk to him and tell hm there is another way...

Pause and reflect on our journey. We have come a long way and are actually beating the devil.

"If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page."

Love and hugs. Attitude of gratitude gang.

Have a fabulous day!
Old 12-04-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Great stuff Determind! Nothing like a real it check to put it all into perspective baby!
My cold has gone into full throttle, I am hugging a box of tissues and feeling sorry for myself! Ah well, could be worse!
Counting down to my birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyy on Sunday!
What have you all planned for the weekend guys? X
Old 12-04-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

A quick check in - tomorrow is another day of church and school fairs for me. I love going to them - but, in the past missed a number of them because I was too hungover to move on a Saturday morning.

I am suddenly wondering how I could have possibly enjoyed all that drinking/hangover/drinking = after 15 months, it is starting to seem totally senseless...why didn't I see it then? Oh, well. At least I see it now.

Are any of you questioning yourself in the same manner?

Definitely an attitude of gratitude.

Let's keep on keeping on. BUG HUGS!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Happy early birthday pink!! Your second one without the poison!

Scooter, I definitely hear you on the "what was I thinking" reflection. I think of it too and I have concluded that I underestimated the power of addiction. It truly controlled our thinking and chemistry to the point of making us somewhat delusional while it was in our system.

Heading out to cut our tree and then decorate this weekend. Super cool.

Went to dinner with my son and his friend and his friends parents. Ate and talked for two hours. Sober. Did not even think of drinks this time. No regrets of what did I say? What did I do? Was I ok to drive? Did I order too many drinks? Was I a bad example of a parent? I noticed I mostly sat patiently listening to stories of what was going on in their lives. I was present. I listened. I laughed. I was a friend. Attitude of gratitude.

Scooter i so agree, and I say it again, what were we thinking?

Bedfordshire kiddies!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Good morning all

I am up and about super early on a Saturday - it's 07:09am! Headed to Manchester for the football match.

Pink - hoping your cold stops soon! I hate runny nose - where on earth does it all come from?? Lol! I know you will feel much better for your birthday. Feet up and chill!!

Determined - it's strange, I can spot people who used to be me a mile off. Just yesterday there were two guys drinking a bottle of red outside my office at 7.30am. I wanted to say the same as you.

I feel lucky now Scooter. Quite often walking around near my office I get a memory of literally dragging my feet one after the other, full dehydration. Just wondering how I could get away with making up meetings to stay out. Senseless really.

Proud of you all Team A. Here's to a sober festive season and continued building!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Loving the reflections guys! This time last year i was on 99 days, now I don't even know how many days! It is so so very wonderful, liberating and peaceful for my natural instinctive thinking process to have now eradicated alcohol from its habitual response. It really isn't a got to response anymore. It happened gradually but today is the day I really take stock of it. What a wonderfully powerful and satisfying feeling!

Someone came into work yesterday a little rough around the edges dye to the first Christmas party of the month. I didn't feel jealousy. I didn't feel admiration, I didn't feel sad or left out. I felt bloody irritated that he did not bring his 'a game' to work like we all need to every day. That was all I felt! It's only on reflection that I notice this!

I've been up since 6 with this cold. Sneezing, coughing, snorting, laboured breathing, fever. Sexy eh? Am on the sofa with a blanket for the day trying to feel better before my birthday tomorrow.

Major much deliberation about which restaurant to go to for dinner, we all finally agreed on one. I went to book it, to find the restaurant has closed down. Excellent start. It's not even a small one, it's part of the 'ask chain. The peterborough one has closed down. Booooooooooooooo. The new plan is to go for breakfast at frankie and bunny's, then onto the cinema, then visiting the local museum as the have a new exhibition, then bowling, then afternoon tea at a local hotel. Let's hope my cold has gone!

Pyjama day for me xxx
Old 12-05-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday guys!

Wow London, a bottle of red at 7:30! I so remember grabbing a beer in the morning and actually thinking I could just simply maintain a slight buzz all day, no problem right? Boy those were disaster days! Again, what the hell were we thinking.

Pink, a guilt free, holiday from work just chillin in pajamas and watching movies? Freakin awesome dude! Watch some old Christmas classics you have not seen since you were a kid. Oh, and happy birthday to you for tomorrow!

Scooter, ultra, choobie and the gang, have a great day! Check in grateful!!

Up early with Christmas music going already! Hitting the gym and then off to get my Clark Griswald size tree!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

"Change and growth take place when a person has risked themselves and dares to become involved with experimenting with their own life." Herbert Otto

Ho Ho Ho!!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Great stories all. I'm going to watch my 11 year old play glad football today then take my 5 year old to a birthday party. Things are good!

Let's keep doing the right stuff.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Ultra and Determind your Saturdays sound good 😊 enjoy xxx
Old 12-05-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Midnight in the uk. Happy birthday pink! Off to bed now ready for celebrations in the morning! Xx