Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 09-20-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks Shabby I know was pretty funny how it happened , of course Baby is getting a little jealous so she just happen to be standing there . Making sure I don't pay more attention to Pepe . lol
Oh anyone been watching the New Walking Dead , 3rd series on tonight . I kind of like the New one better then the old gezz those zombies look like they been dead for centuries .LOL
Old 09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

This is one of our tabby cats....our male. He's hilarious. Such a schmoozer when he wants food, and always getting into the funniest places :-)

Old 09-20-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Goodnight or good day to everyone. I'm signing off. Just got back from dinner at my family's house. They made so much food! Pork chops, chicken drumsticks, rice with veggies in it, bruschetta (garden tomatoes and a basil leaf with mozzarella on toasted baguette slices. O.M.G.) and some very decadent dessert which nobody really needed. Wine and salad too. Yummy.

So now I'm tired and my dog is wanting my attention so I must ignore the rest of you. Have a blessed day/night.

Nesty, so glad Baby was there to break Pepe's fall.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post

Get outta here, Venecia! Did I read that right? You are into zombie movies?!! I never would have put money on that one! The 28 days series was fantastic, I thought.
Oh, yeah, I love zombie stuff. Am into the new AMC show, which starts in a while. Maybe that's the one Nest referred to -- "Fear the Walking Dead."

(I'm actually a rather fun person if you give me a chance.)

Contrast that with "The Great British Bake-off," which is so fun to watch. An episode just concluded -- they make stuff that makes me wish I did more cooking/baking. Like Sao, I'm solo and don't whip up much all that often because of the endless leftovers.

Couch-potatoing tonight. The wedding was just lovely. Sleep last night, though, was so-so and a longggg drive back home.

Take care, all.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Oh anyone been watching the New Walking Dead , 3rd series on tonight . I kind of like the New one better then the old gezz those zombies look like they been dead for centuries .LOL
I'm liking the plot, too. And the newbie zombies are scarier in some ways.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I've been able to tell that :-) I was a little surprised by the zombie fetish though! I think one of the things that's so compelling about zombies is that they seem remotely plausible.....the 'virus zombies', that is.

I love The Great British Bake-Off. The set is beautiful and it's incredible what they come up with.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Oh Shabby - Such Cute Kittys !!

Cissy wow I have a stomach ache - just reading about all that food Holy Smokes !!! Was strange Baby's usually laying on her big pillow , with the new pain meds & having Mz Pepe she's moving more

Yes Venecia That's the one I was talking about - much better then the old one . Looks like the zombies move faster too LOL I'm a cooking show fanatic
Old 09-20-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thought you guys might like these.... :-D

Priest makes lego Vatican City....half a million lego pieces and 10 months in the making....

Priest creates Vatican made entirely of Lego - World - NZ Herald Videos

And.......inaugural running of the sausage dogs in Melbourne this past weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGJOZOHGzk
Old 09-21-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Thought you guys might like these.... :-D

Priest makes lego Vatican City....half a million lego pieces and 10 months in the making....

Priest creates Vatican made entirely of Lego - World - NZ Herald Videos

And.......inaugural running of the sausage dogs in Melbourne this past weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGJOZOHGzk
That Vatican took almost a year astonishing , who would of thought a Priest playing with lego's . Wondered if he figured out how any it took & how much it costed . Gorgeous piece of work

Those hotdog dogs were hilarious , almost like a horse race one didn't even make it out of the gate

Welp I bought some little cat toy balls w/ bells inside . I have big dreams of Mz Pepe doing some tricks .https://youtu.be/0jo_EG7XqZQ
Old 09-21-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Not surprised it took 10 months, half a million Lego bricks - awesome
Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I hope she learns to do those tricks, Nesty. I'm sure she will if you're patient with her and give her treats.

I am not a zombie person at all. I've never seen any of those shows. Just don't see the appeal. They sure are popular though!

Shabby, the link to that hotdog race is already removed. It says the uploader closed their account or something. ??? No clue. Didn't see the Vatican one. That doesn't interest me either. LOL! Not a Catholic but was raised one.

Just mowed the landlady's lawn (where I live but she doesn't) for the first time, as a favor to her. So what did I do? A great job, except I caught the mower on some underground speaker wire when I tried to get too close to the barn/shed and it snapped the wire from the tension cause I didn't put the brake on in time. I was freaking out. UGH.

I think they can be fixed but we shall see. Wish she had warned me about those. I was trying to do a really good job but I've never operated a riding lawnmower before. Should have used the push mower for the edging. Live and freakin' learn.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Went to the Big city today . Nothing around close for clothes chopping except Walmart almost an hour away . Talk about living in the sticks LOL While there had some Chinese food .
Had a pretty good time . spent too much . Couple nice jeans & a fall coat , food for Mz Pepe & some little chew toys . Treats for Baby .
Dancing with the Stars on tonight . Not real interesting contestants this season .
Cissy I think it does take a lot of time to learn them tricks also . I have an idea to get them to do them tricks on that video had to of been many hours !
Gezzz this tread is fading fast .....
Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Yeah it is. Just not the same with the man gone. I may bid you ado. I wish you all the very best but without Frank, the light's gone out here. (((((Hugs)))))
Old 09-21-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

It's a shame about the thread. Ah well, such is life.

I've got a lot of work on all of a sudden and am trying not to stress out about it. One thing I know for certain, drinking won't help, and I don't feel tempted at all because I know it will ruin my confidence, and right now I need all the confidence I can get to do a good job.

I was brought up Catholic too, but am not religious at all now. I actually went through a period where I was kind of 'anti-religious'. I got over it though :-)

Have a great day/night everyone!
Old 09-21-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Your right Shabby drinking never makes anything better , in times of being over worked or stressed . Makes you feel like Crap & you still have to do your job . That AV will get you thinking that way . Just keep remembering the reasons you wanted get sober .
Yup it's kind of depressing coming on Franks thread . I was really trying to be upbeat , but without him it will "never" be the same . I so miss are fun times with all of us on here
When you have any kind of loss in life , you have to brush it off & move on .
He said in an e-mail " We Shall Survive !!"
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Your right Shabby drinking never makes anything better , in times of being over worked or stressed . Makes you feel like Crap & you still have to do your job . That AV will get you thinking that way . Just keep remembering the reasons you wanted get sober .
Yup it's kind of depressing coming on Franks thread . I was really trying to be upbeat , but without him it will "never" be the same . I so miss are fun times with all of us on here
When you have any kind of loss in life , you have to brush it off & move on .
He said in an e-mail " We Shall Survive !!"
https://youtu.be/2b2Mbl_QhGo
Old 09-22-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I used to love that song when I was little!!

Thanks Nesty, yes you are so right - drinking only makes things worse. I think I am finally getting somewhere with learning my lesson on that count. It just ends up stressing me out even more.

Sounds like you had a great day shopping for you and your family :-) Hope Baby likes her toys and Mz Pepe is enjoying her nibbles...awwwww..

xx
Old 09-22-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I liked that song a lot too, even more when I seen it in Rocky - with Sylvester Stallone what a Hunk of a Man
Right nothing worse then going to work , wishing you could leave your Head - at home !!
Ok hope you can find some relaxation of a Better kind . You know I keep saying - I wanted to try message < OMG too funny the auto corrector just said " Stop trying to correct message " I know that's not the word I wanted !! I'll rephrase - A Good Rub Down - there I showed" it " Gezzz
xoxox
Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I wish I was at the point where I didn't want a drink anymore, I have had a stressful couple of days and the AV has kicked in.

I see on the news that the Volkswagen group has been fitting sophistication software to its diesel engined cars to drastically reduce emissions during emissions testing. B******d! I drive a VW though not a diesel
Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Cute kitty Shabby