Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 09-22-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Just ride it out, Sao. The stress will pass. You're one of the strong ones on this site....imo. How many months sober are you now?

Do you mean that the VW group are cheating the system?

Hey Nesty, I remember standing up in the movie theatre and shouting at the end of Rocky (I wasn't the only one). Think I was 12 or something. It was great fun :-)

I'll tell Mr TS about your advice for stress. See what happens :-) It's pretty bad lately with workload...feeling overwhelmed. Just have to put my head down and do it.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Soa Sorry to here about being stressed out . I really believe that's almost the worse kind your AV will trip you on . As I told Shabby good massage . She can have her hubby do it LOL I live alone too. I'm was thinking of seeing how much one would cost . Might be worth it if it helps . Nice long soak in the tub , soft music for calming .. I also heard lavender essential oils work wonders on your pillow .
Some say sweets are good for a cravings , but I noticed it gets put me edgy , so would be more stressed ( I don't know ) ?
Not a lot going on here . GP tomorrow to see how lowing my BP meds is working , due for cholesterol check . Getting colder weather nights & mornings . That's not helping Baby's hips , but I knew it most likely would . Vet did say I could up her meds , that would just make her sleep more .. Made a little hammock to hang in Mz Pepe's cage she's just a Swigging
Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hmmm...you know Sao, maybe that is not a bad idea. I mean, getting a massage. I think as well as the calming effect it has on one, it's also a way of saying to ourselves that we mean business on the giving up alcohol front, and that we are determined to look after ourselves -that we want to nurture ourselves.

I think too that when you are not in a relationship, that the sense of touch is somewhat missing. I think you are a great catch, Sao. Savvy, kind, deep, humorous. To my mind, you are very attractive :-)

Dunno, feel free to disagree :-)
Old 09-23-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you for your kind words Nesty and Shabby (i'm not sure a 55 year old recovering alcoholic is a good catch Shabby but thank you for the thought)

Today was a lot better actually - it's just pressure of work which spikes up occasionally and I felt spectacularly grumpy for the last couple of days but I kind of vented a bit at work (nothing major, just a bit of sarcasm) but it did the trick

Good luck with your visit to the doctors Nesty, hope the BP is is in the right place
Old 09-23-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Managed to get quite a bit done yesterday. I did the difficult stuff first, so that's good. Now I just have to attend to the boring stuff. There's lots of it :-/

Good luck with the doctor, Nesty. Hope things have come right.

That hammock for Mz Pepe sounds adorable! I can just see it.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

(i'm not sure a 55 year old recovering alcoholic is a good catch)
It's a million times better than than a 55 year old active alcoholic saoutchik

D
Old 09-23-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol! Thanks Dee

8+ months sober Shabby
Old 09-23-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

That is so awe inspiring to me. Maybe you could write up your recovery in the 'stories of recovery' section sometime. I would love to read it.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's a million times better than than a 55 year old active alcoholic saoutchik

D
Good one, Dee.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Saoutchik. In sobriety, we find that we have the same challenges others without "our problem" do ... ups and downs, bosses who are (uhm) challenging) and all the little things that aggravate or exasperate us. It's not that I ever thought that sobriety would magically transform life into a field of daisies, but I have had to come to terms with life as a sober person. Which looks a lot like, well, life.

The little critters sound like fun, Nest. I meant to let you know it is good to see you posting on the Forum. I know that Frank's departure has been hard for you but there are lots of places to find good company here on SR. I've been sort of in that boat, too.

Since joining SR, I've been very active in my "class." Most of us celebrated our two-year anniversary last month and -- as you might expect -- there is less activity in our little group. We're still going, small in number though we are. I, though, have come to depend on SR a lot for ongoing camaraderie and have become more active in the Weekenders forum. Folks there are lots of fun and that thread moves really fast. You'll find a warm welcome there! Hope your doctor's appointment went well.

And, hey, we're still here on this thread, too. Still kicking.

Best to all.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao that's great 8 + Months (( (clapping ))) glad you blew off some steam- We can't keep stuff in !! Ok I do too- Take my own advice
Hold on a sec . I'm 55 Too .Your Old what you talking about - I still feel like a spring chicken .. Um with a few feathers ruffed & missing but Gezzz
Shabby Nice to here you made it though ok Hey did you get a home massage ??
I have Wonderful news Doc. said she was proud of me for being an excellent patient . Did what she told me without saying " I Can't fix my BP . I have it almost to normal range . My Glucose & cholesterol all perfect . I was giggling as she told me . After she was finished , she looked at me & said "What do you find so amusing "? I said " Finally after 2 years of not drinking , it paid off !!
Great idea Shabby -I too think sao should tell his story
Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yes Venecia , I agree with Dee's post - We all get better with some sobriety under are belt . Thank you Yes it was very rough to lose Frank on here , but I have to realize . I have to work on myself , first then help others as my anxiety allows . I've always been that I want to Fix everyone & put myself last
I know after 2 years sober , you kind of run out of things to talk about . Now I have a new pet that helps with new News
Old 09-23-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hey Nesty, that's fantastic about your health!! Well done. I know you've worked really hard at that :-)

My partner used to liken his old Dad to a 'battered old parrot'. He was very old, cranky, really, really thin, and his hair used to stick up at funny angles. It was such a great analogy :-)
Old 09-24-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Jen Where for Art thou Haven't heard from you in Days !!!
I for one don't want another part of our little gang amongst the missing . I know things aren't the same , not much we can do . Ya know ?? Letting you know
Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Shabby thanks Makes no sense really to waist all them years ruining my life & health on alcohol . They say" Live & Learn" I would have rather learnt a different way !!
Mz Pepe is living like a queen now . Bought material yesterday to built her a 3 story cage . Soon I will be going to get her a roomie , she needs some companionship
Now I'm a little worried about Baby , she's starting to act depressed . Never thought ahead of time that she would be jealous I might be over thinking it & the meds are making her dippier acting ?? I guess like anything even kids get jealous of new siblings . Need to think of someway to help her , if that's the case .. Hmmmm
Old 09-24-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Not sure I can manage "inspiring" Shabby how about "on a good day - average" Lol!

Nesty I know you worry about where you fit in, there is a 1 year and overs thread which I have looked at from time to time (i'm not eligible for that one obviously)

There is also the Weekender thread which fizzes along (Venecia posts in that one) you and Shabby both welcome in that one
Old 09-24-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
saoutchik

All Blacks v Namibia, kick off in 1 minute

I fear for Namibia Shabby, 80+ points possible for NZ
Old 09-24-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I was thinking about joining in the weekenders as well. I already spend so much time on SR I do worry about adding more on though. I'm in class of July and always check in on Cow's thread, and this one of course, plus random pop ins on various threads. I do like the look of weekenders though. Think I'll do it...coming too Nesty?

Wow! Three story cage and a new buddy to play with! Lucky Mz Pepe :-) I don't know what to advise about Baby other than lots and lots of pats and hugs and telling her how much you love her, which I'm sure you're doing already.

Well, Sao, the All Blacks' performance was a bit disappointing. I was really feeling for Namibia too but I think they did very well. It's a bit like cricket, there's always a chance a team might crash and burn - makes it more interesting.

I am determined to come to terms with life as a sober person, Ven. It will be a radical change no longer having periods of a few hours where I just check out with an alcohol high, but the damage it's doing is no longer worth it. It never was, actually, but I've only just accepted that fact.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
It will be a radical change no longer having periods of a few hours where I just check out with an alcohol high, but the damage it's doing is no longer worth it. It never was, actually, but I've only just accepted that fact.
Accepting that fact is where we all started at one point, Shabby. You're going to find the world a better place in sobriety. You can do this -- you are doing this!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Thank you!!!!
Old 09-25-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thanks guys for invites to threads Actually before I found SR I was already pretty busy with Youtube subscribed to many channels on Low Carb eating . Surf Pinterest a lot , also watch live Eagles Nesting . My sewing adventures on alterations < that's another whole story Just started baby sitting 2 & 4 year olds last week . Only a couple hours here & there . My days are actually filled up Now with Mz Pepe my plate is almost running over !!
I poke my head in on some threads here . To keep up on how some of the newcomers are doing . My mind is on the look out for Inspirational ways to make peoples Sober journey a Fun one