Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Cissy
Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sao. Looks like we're late to the party. Never seen this thread so dead. I think it might be terminal.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The thread is still going though - that can only mean one thing - zombies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150919_015732.jpg (43.0 KB, 97 views)
Old 09-18-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

LOL! I hope I don't end up like one of those.

Is anyone else out there this evening/morning or whatever time of day it is where you live? Miss everyone so much. Hate to see us "break up."
Old 09-18-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao You pretty much summed it up with that walking dead . Frank's the one that kept this tread lively & upbeat ...........
Old 09-18-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Yes he did. So should we fold up the tent and break the camp? Or shall we carry on and make the best of it, at least to finish out the thread?
Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I'm into the "Walking Dead" and "Fear the Walking Dead." Zombies are kinda ... well ... interesting.

Lots of driving ahead for me. I'm headed to the wedding (second marriage) of one of my dearest friends. It's a small wedding but I'll know lots of people. There will be drinking after the dinner -- enough so that I'm staying in a different hotel from most of the others so I can slip out quietly after a while. There haven't been a lot of situations like this for me, but enough that I know I won't want to be around it for very long.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Be safe and be well, Venecia. Sounds like you have a plan so that's good. Enjoy the company of all those folks that you know and then slip on out of there.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice day in London for a change.

I'm in the food market looking for Uda Pods
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150919_130457.jpg (52.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 09-19-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao Instead of asking what in the word those were I googled them . Kind of like a sweet pepper . What you making , when I think of bell peppers . It brings me back to my Mom's stuffed peppers she made MmmMM mm !!
Looks like beautiful weather there . Kind of cloudy with spots of sun . Says rain later , but I think sooner
Old 09-19-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am going to make Suya, a kind of Nigerian or generic West African dish of roasted beef on skewers over roasted veg. I have not cooked it before but I have eaten it a few times, it is very good. Jamie Oliver says it is "fairly easy" - it doesn't look it
Old 09-19-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

May not sound easy but they way you worded it , I almost started drooling I've done a lot of foods on skewers' on the Bar B this summer , my favorite
Old 09-19-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tasted good - I live on my own, it's too big a deal to prepare and cook it for one person but it was a useful dry run for when I have more to cook for
Old 09-19-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sao. You sound like a very urbane Londoner :-) I could never be bothered cooking for myself when I was single. I was a solo Mum at that stage, so I would cook for my son, but I would just have toast or something. I was pretty thin.

Get outta here, Venecia! Did I read that right? You are into zombie movies?!! I never would have put money on that one! The 28 days series was fantastic, I thought.

Hope everyone has a great day/evening :-D
Old 09-20-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Thank you Shabby

Reasonable day here weather wise

Working on the Lancia
Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Just wanted to tell all my friends on this tread , That I am still feeling a Great loss . Of the owner of this Thread (( Frank )) I find my days don't have the joy they once had when he would post his little funny one liners I have "Not" forgot the bond we all have . Dealing with this the Best way I can ...
https://youtu.be/5gFnCwVqbWs
Old 09-20-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

THAT WAS AWESOME! I saved it to my favorites list on Youtube. Nesty, so sad but so beautiful, all those images of earth from space. I've never seen anything like them, as the world was turning. Stunning. Thank you, sweetie.

We all miss him, honey. You should send him that video link. He'll be touched.

Sao, nice pic of the market. The meal sounds yummy. I am a singleton as well and when I'm eating well, I cook and just eat the leftovers for days. When I'm not eating well, I eat fast food and all the wrong stuff. And lots of it, unfortunately. I don't have the metabolism to deal with it either. I need to get my ACT together.

Frankenstein, we miss you. ((((Hugs)))) Have a great day, everyone. Hugs to all, not just you know who.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice link Nesty, taken from the International Space Station I guess. Last Christmas Eve I managed to stay sober long enough to see the ISS with my grandaughter (said it was Santa) Fortunately it was a clear night

Shabby/Cissy I wouldn't want everyone to get the impression I eat fancy meals every night. Living single you kind of have to eat leftovers

Apart from anything else I am tired weekday evenings. I used to eat crap (takeaways and ready meals) when I was drinking

I think keeping the thread going is a sort of tribute to Frank in a way
Old 09-20-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao Thanks I too liked the space type effects too. Santa you had me rolling on that one ! I know how that is living alone anything fast . Makes no sense cooking a huge meal . I might toss a pot roast or chicken in the crockpot , but then have to eat it for a whole week ...

Cissy thanks - I did share it with Frank via e-mail he liked it a lot too He's doing Great & is excited that he did another SoundCloud , got 19 hits & likes . Very talented man .

Mz Pepe jumped out of a box I had her in from a tall stand . Yesterday morning cleaning her cage . Did a summer salt landed on Baby , bounced did a belly flop on the floor Then ran behind the couch , took me & my man friend 1/2 hour to catch her . That's when you need a camera - could have won Funniest Video award .. She's ok though , but is real jumpy & scared . Will take some time to get over that trip ..
Waving hello Shabby - Jen hope all is well ??
Old 09-20-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hi guys!!

Love the Santa story :-)

Oh, poor little Ms Pepe. Thank goodness she is okay and landed on Baby. Baby to the rescue!!

I loved that video, Nesty. The city lights and lightning storms were beautiful.

Not much happening here....Monday and will be off to work in a couple of hours.