Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 2

Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey team,

Home from class, it was such a delight- 3 hours long, but I love philosophy so the time flew, and I actually didn't want to drink or have to talk myself out of it.
I had fleeting thoughts of wine but it wasn't even an issue. Phew, at least a break for one night is nice.
Its because I wasn't stressed or bored, those are my reasons to drink.

Though its funny because though I love cooking I was too tired, so I stopped at the grocery store to get soup because its cold and raining, I stood there looking at calories and almost didn't even get any; which is ridiculous because the amount of calories in a bottle of wine would've far surpassed a can of chicken and rice soup...
My oh my
Old 09-14-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I drank tonight. I want to curl up and die and be in a hospital bed and have someone take care of me. Is there any hope left for a 51 year old alone divorced woman? There is not. I'm disgusted with myself. And sorry for letting the group down.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
I drank tonight. I want to curl up and die and be in a hospital bed and have someone take care of me. Is there any hope left for a 51 year old alone divorced woman? There is not. I'm disgusted with myself. And sorry for letting the group down.
Aw!! No! Don't feel that way! Just start again tomorrow, you're going to be fine, we have all done MANY times! All of us.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I am serious relapser, like I said, I should be in every class since since last nov, I just stuck with dec group and bow this one.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Juno, we love you, and one thing I've learned over the years at SR is that YOU CANNOT LET US DOWN.

We are here for you no matter what! We don't care if you slipped yesterday or two hours ago. We love you.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Hey team,

Home from class, it was such a delight- 3 hours long, but I love philosophy so the time flew, and I actually didn't want to drink or have to talk myself out of it.
I had fleeting thoughts of wine but it wasn't even an issue. Phew, at least a break for one night is nice.
Its because I wasn't stressed or bored, those are my reasons to drink.

Though its funny because though I love cooking I was too tired, so I stopped at the grocery store to get soup because its cold and raining, I stood there looking at calories and almost didn't even get any; which is ridiculous because the amount of calories in a bottle of wine would've far surpassed a can of chicken and rice soup...
My oh my
Haha! I can relate! I used to pride myself on eating healthy while guzzling wine. Oh the tricks our minds can play!
Old 09-14-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Juno, there is always hope with each new day. Sending you peace and warrior woman strength.❤️
Old 09-14-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Haha! I can relate! I used to pride myself on eating healthy while guzzling wine. Oh the tricks our minds can play!
My favourite was that I starved myself to level out the calories ao I could have wine- waking up to my healthy shake and going to yoga like I'm a decent human being...
Oh the denial of it all...
Old 09-14-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Heading to bed crazy busy work day and a ton of homework tomorrow, I'm already stressing and hope I can sleep.
Help haha
See all of you tomorrow, good luck out there wherever you are xx
Old 09-14-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

There not one of us here who does not know how you feel Juno.

And, yes there is a lot of hope left for you, no matyter how many times you've done this before or how old you are..

That goes for anyone else wondering the same, too.

Try something different this time with your recovery plan - add some thing you didn't have this time - push yourself a little - make more changes,. and find more support - make yourself use it.

you can do this!

D
Old 09-15-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Morning class, day 2 and have spent a lovely sweaty sleepless night tossing and turning and aching all over, yeuky. Why on earth do we do this to ourselves, it's madness really!!
I'm trying to work up the courage to go to a AA meeting today, I've got a choice of a couple quite near by so I can either go this afternoon or tonight depending on how I'm physically feeling, feeling pretty awful so not sure about getting there. Oh and I'm really really nervous about going as even though I don't know many people in the area I'm scared I see someone I know, not an uncommon concern I realise.
So fed up and worn out by it all now, been trying for years to stop and even though I've managed to be sober for up to five months at times I seem to have slipped back back into it all.

Hugs to Junk, I know just how you are feeling and it is just horrible. We can change things though

Peace X
Old 09-15-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi all,

On to day 2 for me like you peaches. My husband (well, we're together but not really together; jury is out on whether things will work themselves out) and his friend were watching football and drinking beers here last night. I was waiting for my pizza to cook so did a bit of weirdo psychology on myself; made myself look at the bottle, read all of the text (inc drink aware warnings etc) and consider the colour, the clarity, the alcohol content etc then go on to think about what was so great about it. Sounds odd but I kinda re-realised how non-exciting alcohol even is as a concept. I handle alcohol a lot in my new job running stock; thinking of it this way will hopefully allow me to deal with it more often without thinking 'ooh I could just fancy some of this when I come off shift'.

I'm off to my GP soon. A bit nervous but I know I need to ask for help with my depression/anxiety to hopefully help deal with some of the underlying issues. Then I'm off to see a friend. She's having an awful time; she was living in China with her boyfriend and he's just ended it so she is back in the UK to live with her parents, no job, no savings, etc. I feel that helping her get stuff sorted may be another incentive to stay sober. Then I'm going to my cbt session.

Have work tomorrow morning at 6.30am. I'm dreading it somewhat as I've already managed to break their absence code by calling in sick at too short notice (owing to my relapse). I told them I was suffering panic attacks and couldn't face it. I guess I can only man up and show them how hard I can work to redeem myself; something that will be a damn sight easier if I don't take that first drink each day.

Thanks for all your posts. Jsbodhi I totally get where you're coming from re calories. I'm guilty of doing that healthy photo blog type thing on instagram; kale smoothies, healthy dinners, exercise pics etc. Of course I never photographed the copious amounts of poison I was throwing down my neck!
Hope you feel better soon Juno. We have ALL been there and it's such a horrid feeling but it will pass if you don't drink today xx
Old 09-15-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
My favourite was that I starved myself to level out the calories ao I could have wine- waking up to my healthy shake and going to yoga like I'm a decent human being...
Oh the denial of it all...
That's what I was doing a few weeks ago. It was ridiculous. I was on a no carb, low cal diet, eating basically nothing so I could use up my daily allowance of carbs and cals on my 2 bottles of wine. I'd be hammered and pass out by 10pm because there was no food in my belly, wake up with a MASSIVE hangover, and do it all over again, and again, and again.

We're plonkers haha!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a positive sober tuesday from a very windy rainy day from London UK I'm going to exercise in that soon enough
Old 09-15-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hurting. Bad. This alcohol problem is no joke. Thanks guys xxx
Old 09-15-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

you know what they say Juno - you never have to feel this way again

D
Old 09-15-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Juno, startingover, peace, emme, and anyone else picking themselves back up,,, Dee is right, we have all been there - me, more times than I can even count. Use it as a lesson. The way I look at it, one of these times its just going to click and we re going to fight harder than ever to stay sober because we are tired of the alternative. Maybe this is the time ....

Day 5 and payday for me. I plan to come home from work later, go for a jog, shower and do some shopping and dinner with my oldest daughter. Yes, I'm spending some money on ME.! And her , of course

Saturday I am going to to the Wayne dyer I can do it conference, I'm so excited and will not ruin this opportunity by drinking this week and struggling with that while listening to all of those spiritual, motivating, self help gurus. It's good for me to have short term goals to keep going. If I say I won't drink forever, or until Thanksgiving, I get too overwhelmed.

Remember to post if you need to, do whatever it takes to not take that first drink. I can't think of a time I ever posted in here during a craving, got amazing support and reminders and drank anyway. I really works to your Mindset of you let it .

Happy Tuesday
Old 09-15-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I'm sick this morning. Kids bring home who knows what, I keep sinus and war infections. Had to call in late for work. Did find a walkin "minute"? Clinic at a drugstore close to work. Hope that staves off some attendance issues, if there are any. Alcohol has cost me jobs in the past.
Correction: I've lost jobs because of being out from hangovers and depression.
Dee said it best: " you never have to feel that way again"
Old 09-15-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Ear infection sorry
Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
There is hope Juno. There is always hope. I'm 50, widowed, single Mom. Alone. I know how sad that can feel sometimes. We still have a lot of life to live. I look at my alcoholic father...84, Wernecke's disease (google...if you don't know what it is, you should) he is a zombie. Do I want that, or a life with some quality? I'll choose quality. I deserve it. I wish I could share some journal entries with you from 3 months ago. I wanted to die. But life does get better...maybe not always in the time frame I'd like, but it does improve. I hope you keep trying.