Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 2

Old 09-15-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better JL. Day 2 for me. Hanging in there. One day at a time.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Day 3. Im starting to feel better and extremely grateful for that. Out on my lunch break enjoying some nice weather. Still finding myself tired and stomach was still pretty upset but manageable. Just makes me think of how awful drinking is on my body.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 17. AV has been quiet for the last few days, this almost seems too easy. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and have AV come back. I feel so good and am afraid of relapse, I have never lasted this long before, don't know what makes this time different.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Holy crap this thread moves fast!

I'm feeling much better today. Went to work. I thought about drinking today..... the old thoughts, it's been more than a week I deserve it. It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. I'll only have a few. Blah blah blah.

I didn't fold. Instead I came home from work and went through all my cloths and got rid of the stuff I don't wear and organized the rest. Something I've been procrastinating about FOREVER. So feeling good about that. I've decided that I will pick a project around the house everyday after work. God knows there's enough of them. Start pouring my time and money into that instead of poisoning myself. Win win!

Beautiful sunny day here in Toronto. Gotta enjoy them before the long long winter comes again.

xx
Old 09-15-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good for you zen, that's actually a good idea. Often once we busy ourselves with a task (or, for me, eat) the few craving and the "voice" subsides. Coming home from work is often an awkward time for me not drinking. Plenty to do, but don't know what to do with myself.
Trying to find that bridge between work and home without a drink and trying to relax without a drink. This week, for me, it's jogging! I dread it but once I'm into it, I love it. Notice I said JOG, not run
Old 09-15-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 2 !!
Sick as h--l at work. No strep thank goodness. Just ear and sinus infection. It's great......lol
- not hungover at work though.
Juno - sending big hugs ! I'm really sorry you're feeling bad. Just think though; one day were gonna look back and laugh at " the stomach foam" level of hell. Not funny at all right now though. I put my " I hate me" post about being crabby with my kids when I'm drinking, right on the top level of my photo log on my phone.
- in your FACE, AV !

....... Yes I have a fever and I'm crazy.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Good for you zen, that's actually a good idea. Often once we busy ourselves with a task (or, for me, eat) the few craving and the "voice" subsides. Coming home from work is often an awkward time for me not drinking. Plenty to do, but don't know what to do with myself.
Trying to find that bridge between work and home without a drink and trying to relax without a drink. This week, for me, it's jogging! I dread it but once I'm into it, I love it. Notice I said JOG, not run
Hey I'm jealous of jogging ! I have to walk, then jog a bit if I'm feeling spry .
Old 09-15-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I used to love jogging but I have bad knees these days so I can't anymore. I gotta get back into going to the gym. Drinking has made me gain weight and I'd love to lose it! I use to turn heads.... not so anymore. I'd like to get my looks back, just one more thing that alcoholism has taken from me.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Believe me, I'm no athlete. I have quite a bit of weight to lose but for me and my 40something metabolism it has to be a three pronged approach or I won't lose and inch or a pound: no alcohol, low carb/portion controlled diet, and exercise (cardio especially). I have tried all combinations of two of the three (especially diet and exercise But still drinking lol) and it never works.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
one day were gonna look back and laugh at " the stomach foam" level of hell.
For some reason this made me laugh, a lot, thank you for that. A little humor helps. I must be feeling better now. I even ate some lunch - how could I go from emptying stomach foam to eating lunch in a just a couple of hours? I don't know. But I'm grateful for it. It was absolutely THE WORST hangover I've ever had in intensity, but it certainly wasn't the longest I've ever had. Anyway, thanks!! Lots of words here are sticking with me right now and will for a long time I like what Dee said, "You don't ever have to feel this way again." Amen for that!
Old 09-15-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I don't jog, or run, unless it's away from something... :-)
Old 09-15-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Day 7. I should go jog. I need to lose about 40 lbs.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

My pink cloud has become a little less fluffy. I was tired, hungry and slightly stressed at work and it was a long day. Twice a month I start around 9::30 and finish at 8:30. Normally I would have had cravings for some kind of alcohol but I don't think i did, although drinking did fleetingly enter my thoughts. I'll call it a semi-craving or craving-lite.

I then proceeded to have a terrible night's sleep where I slept like a baby, one who wakes up every hour crying though. Eventually got up tired and with a sober hangover.

I have a feeling that I might be in for a more difficult time in the next couple of days. I must, must, must remember that given time the cravings always pass and that posting here always helps. Doing either or both will get me through.

For those who are struggling I send positive thoughts.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all newcomers, and congrats to all hitting a milestone today no matter what the day

I hope all those not feeling well feel better soon

we're doing this

D
Old 09-15-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 3 here for me. Feeling really good. Proud of myself. I haven't been sober for this long in years.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
Day 3 here for me. Feeling really good. Proud of myself. I haven't been sober for this long in years.
Awesome! I felt the same exact way. Well...except I wasn't feeling really good day 3, but I was very proud to be sober for that long. Now I'm approaching 150!!

It's sad when I think about it. Being drunk every single day for years? Man o man. Glad that's over.

Keep it up! There's some hills to climb yet but the view is awesome when you get there!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 9 goin strong!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thanks Incontrol It's mad isn't it. So much time wasted. I can't wait to say I have been sober for 150 days! Wow. I won't even feel like me! Or maybe i'll feel like the old me for the first time in over a decade, who knows haha

Shonno, well done! Keep it up!!
Old 09-15-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, great to hear everyone's updates. Just got home and making dinner. Really craving a glass of wine, probably in part because I'm feeling so much better. Oh, the irony. Going to ask my partner to pick up some of that peanut butter icecream. Thus is an emergency ��
Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi, guys.
Today is beautiful and although I won't do it I did think on my way home that I might perhaps get wasted tonight if I weren't on the wagon, as usual.
I am thinking of you, Juno, and sending positive vibes your way. I'll be honest I saw your slip and thought, I could slip too. And it would be ok. Just back to day 1 like always. I've had so many it wouldn't be anything new.
It's toughest for me to think long term and not just day to day. Never drinking again? Ugh, it sounds so sad and awful. I hate it. But then I reflect on all the stupid sh!t I do when I have just one. Because one actually starts with a quick 5 shots and then doesn't end until I'm blackout drunk and passed out.
And all the bs in between is flat out ridiculous. I'm mostly jealous of everyone that can have just a couple and go to bed or even just stop there. Why can't I just stop like normal people?
I do have a brother and sister, both one year apart in age, one younger and one older, both alcoholics, and I'm watching their lives just begging for them to quit meanwhile I do the same thing with the exception I have a successful career and don't let my drinking ruin that part of my life. Although on my last binge I was so hungover I snuck shots in my office and left work more drunk than anyone will EVER know.
I feel I'm rambling at this point. Constantly wishing I could just get drunk sometimes without it carrying over into what responsible drinkers would clearly describe as a problem.
Anyways, another day and more reflection to keep me on the sober path.
Welcome, new people and thank you to the rest of you posting along with me on day 9.