Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 2

Old 09-17-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Sleepydots, welcome! I'm coming back too after a hiatus. Congrats on day 17: that is fantastic!!

Countrygirl, I'm sorry that you relapsed and that you are feeling better. Do you have a sense of what happened? It doesn't always work, but sometimes retracing my steps and my thinking can be useful the next time the old AV comes a'callin.

Carebear, I have terrible vision, so I'm not sure if my is improving--could be too early. But I know not seeing double is a definite improvement.

Today wasn't the greatest day. Had to get up super early to get some work done, and slept hardly a wink last night, for some reason. Just a lot of tossing and turning. Partner is a bit grouchy right now too...he is grumpy and overworked as well. But, I muddle through, and I'm sure better than if I had a hangover. Going to pick up the house a bit and then snuggle into bed with a movie after dinner, so I'll say goodnight now. Hope all of you have a great day and good job. All of you inspire me!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Glad you've set another Day 1 Country Girl. Perhaps examine the feelings or events that led up to the first drink? Dust yourself off and begin again. We know it's hard and probably all of here know the anguish and disappointment you must be feeling now. ((Countrygirl)) You don't have to feel this way ever again.
Rar, we must have been typing at the same time
Old 09-17-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi All.......I'm so relieved this day is coming to an end. I woke up feeling sorry for myself, ultimately resulting in horrible afternoon cravings. It seemed nothing I did helped them. I posted in the Newcomers Forum and received several helpful responses. I did try to actively get rid of my cravings by doing physical things - vacuuming, laundry, walking dog. What I didn't do was examine my feelings. Next time I have a craving, I'm going to try examining my feelings along with the physical activities to distract me. I am ending Day 11 sober (Thanks to God and the folks in SR).
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Don't give up on you Rar! You're worth happiness and peace. You deserve to be the best version of you you can be. Give yourself the chance. All of you here..give yourself a chance. There's no destination and no time limit. One day at a time! I hug a lot around SR. ((Hug))!! To you all!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Kelly- it's amazing how the simple things in life provide pleasure when sober isn't it? During my 6 months of sobriety last year, looking up at the stars or the foliage or being present for a question from my children all gave me so much pleasure that it was eerie. I can only imagine what I've missed over the years but all we have is the present.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling (minus the children part) and absolutely agree!!!!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
So back to day one after a five day bender. Can't really remember most of it. But possibly drunk dialed a coworker. I know I called, but not much of what was said.

Feeling embarrassed and like a piece of crud now - physically and emotionally.

I have gotten really good at beating myself up...
Very thankful I found this website online
Reminds me of myself. Long binges, blackouts and embarrassment over the unknown. Ugh
Hang in there, girl. These are good "memories" to reflect on when having a craving, I find.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Yes. Although it doesn't matter if he brings them home. The responsibility of whether or not I drink has nothing to do with anyone but me.

Welcome salthillgirl! Good to have you with us
That is very true.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carebearlost View Post
Day 19 is coming to close, I am feeling good. Strangely enough, it seems like my vision is improving, has anyone ever experienced this?
it's the brain fog clearing. It can feel like your vision but it's your brain my favorite part about not drinking, by far!!!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SleepyDots View Post
Hi guys, can I join you all here? I'm on Day 17 in my sober journey. I recognize a couple of you from old classes, though you may not recognize me as I wasn't all that active. I made 2 serious attempts at sobriety last year, both lasted 2 months pretty much to the day. I am back again but feeling a bit precarious in my sobriety right now. I have been battling major cravings the past 4-5 days and it sucks. And the thing is, I feel SO good, my house is clean, my anxiety lessens every day, I have so much patience with my kids, I look better, etc. etc. But yet, from about 3-6pm all I can think about is wanting a glass of wine. No amount of reasoning/playing the tape/ignoring seems to be helping... Yesterday and today I tried urge surfing instead (thank you, Dee, for posting about it). Yesterday I was *this* close to going to buy a bottle and feel like I escaped by the skin of my teeth. Today I feel a little calmer and more in control. Just trying to keep chugging along, putting one foot in front of the other, and thought maybe posting here in this class might help as well.
Welcome back Sleepydots

3-6 is really hard for me too. I'm going to start planning something everyday to keep me busy during that time. When my daughter is with me it's not hard. But when she's at her dads I don't know what to do with myself.

17 days is awesome!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Fricka, netflix!! I'm just about to start watching Orphan Black and/or 100.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sleepydots
D
Old 09-17-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carebearlost View Post
Day 19 is coming to close, I am feeling good. Strangely enough, it seems like my vision is improving, has anyone ever experienced this?
Yup. My vision improves too. I think the blurred vision has to do with vitamin b12 deficiencies....usually a problem for alcoholics. Actually a lot of my detox weirdness is due to vit deficiencies....
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
Fricka, netflix!! I'm just about to start watching Orphan Black and/or 100.
Ooooo I haven't heard of Orphan Black...I'll check it out. I'm watching Dextor now. I'm on season 4 and it's getting kind of stupid. I'm bummed-started out so good too....

I should have gone to my Buddhist recovery meeting but I got lazy. I'm in my sweats, hair in very strange, beehive type knots to make it curly tomorrow. Just couldn't fathom going out into the world
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Night 9 here, this is my hardest night so far this time around. My sudden cravings are compounded by something stupid I did a short while ago. That and everything on my mind feels like King Kong right now. But drinking is not an option, life on life's terms. Figure Id post.

Congrats everyone on staying sober today
Old 09-17-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Rio, you are strong. I know this because I am on day 5 and I know the strength it has taken me to get here! You CAN do this.

Do you want to talk about the stupid thing?
Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

You wont regret waking sober tomorrow Rio - hang in there

D
Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Rio, you are strong. I know this because I am on day 5 and I know the strength it has taken me to get here! You CAN do this. Do you want to talk about the stupid thing?
Thanks Secret, just something I did I sort of regret. It's not worth drinking over, although I think my AV is trying to use it and the kitchen sink as an excuse to drink. I know this routine.

I'm sitting here watching football letting these thoughts bounce around my head. I think I'll get out for a walk and relieve some stress.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

'okay, I have gone a week without it, so I'll just have 1 bottle tonight and then do another week sober'....all the while knowing I was lying to myself, because once I have that first sip, it's all over for me, I'll drink for weeks after,none stop because I'll keep telling myself that I'm just getting it all out of my system, enjoying binge drinking, so then I can
fully be ready to start day 1 again.
Secret- this is me as well. I'm actually on day7 now and I can feel it coming. I feel and look so much better so now I think I can have a few drinks and still maintain the benefits of being sober. But, like you , all it takes is one night and the next day I'm off and running - "getting it out of my system"for days/weeks , til I'm sick of it again.
A great quote -
If your tired of starting over, stop giving up.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hey, everyone! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!!! I told myself as a reward for being a good girl for another week I would let myself have a guilt free donut tomorrow morning. I'm pretty excited.
One donut is far healthier than the 20/30 shots of vodka I would be consuming tonight and tomorrow.
I hope everyone is doing ok tonight. Give yourself a big hug for being awesome and strong! We made it another day.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Rio, that sounds like a very good idea

Forabetter, I really like that quote!

I think once I do get to day 7, I'm going to push for day 10 and forget day 7 is even a milestone.