My bf today makes me feel like this.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the weekend gets better Zen

D
Old 09-18-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

FABL it is very hard but well done for staying strong, especially after such a crappy day.

Zen, I f**king LOVE Hannibal! Loved Breaking Bad and SOA too. I like my dramas ^_^

As for today, less than an hour until Day 5 and I'm still sober. Went shopping today and walked past the alcohol aisle and saw my favourite wine was on offer. I'm not going to lie, I did feel a tug, but it wasn't that bad and I didn't for one second consider giving in. I know it's only Day 4 and this is all probably about to get a lot worse (I have a thundering headache, as though someone was trying remove my left eye internally with a butter knife) but I'm glad I haven't given up yet.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Been on a 12 hour shift today. Pleased to be putting my feet up now (more work tomorrow and Sunday) so I won't read all the updates to this thread now; will save them up until I have more time. However I wanted to post to keep this up. Day #5 here and no far no thoughts/cravings about drinking; had to go into a pub with one of the clients I worked with today to hand in her CV and booze didn't cross my mind (until now!) My colleague also offered me the chance to leave work at 8.45pm when I was being picked up at 9pm. Usually I'd have been tempted to slip off to the shop in that 15 minutes and buy a bottle of wine 'just in case' and would have told myself 'it's a Friday; so what!' however I just said "thank you but I'm getting picked up at 9pm so I'll go and tidy the office before I leave". Did that and the 15 minutes flew, got straight in with my lift and voila; home without any alcohol for this weekend (know for a fact I won't get another chance to buy booze this weekend even if I wanted to) and perfectly content snuggled on the sofa.

Thinking of everyone else and thank you for the continued posts
Old 09-18-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope the weekend gets better Zen

D

It was supposed to be a happy video about my boyfriend.

Lyrics.

Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me. When you're close to me!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
So back to day one after a five day bender. Can't really remember most of it. But possibly drunk dialed a coworker. I know I called, but not much of what was said.

Feeling embarrassed and like a piece of crud now - physically and emotionally.

I have gotten really good at beating myself up...
Very thankful I found this website online
I think everyone here, including me, has been through a version (or many versions) of this. However. shame will end up feeding your addiction like nothing else.
Try to remember that you, as a person, are not weak or flawed. You are addicted to a very powerful substance that has altered the synaptic pathways in your brain. These take time and a change of lifestyle and 'reaching out' for support in a community like SR to repair. So, every day that you don't drink you are taking away the vice grip that alcohol has over you.
I'm only 8 days in myself but I find looking at the science of what is happening to me is of huge benefit. I'm feeling a bit better every day and when I get that craving, I try to think that it is not me being pathetic but the death throes of the addicted voice in my brain!
SR is amazing for support and I hope you find some strength from it like I have
Old 09-18-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

guess I got punked by the title Zen

D
Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Day 6 here. Really amazed at myself. Never ever thought i'd get here. Last night was tough, really tough but I'm proud of myself this morning that I got through it.

I have almost finished watching Bachelor In Paradise. It's absolutely trashy as hell but oh so entertaining!

I'm going to start watching Lost tonight, never watched an episode.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Day 1

Hi everyone. I'd like to join this class. I was around last year but relapsed after I got lazy about it. Today is my day 1 after a really rough week. I seem to always be able to get a couple of weeks but then lose it for days on end.

Anyway, I am going to put together a recovery plan. Have to make it stick this time or I'm a goner.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredikklegoth View Post

Went shopping today and walked past the alcohol aisle and saw my favourite wine was on offer. I'm not going to lie, I did feel a tug, but it wasn't that bad and I didn't for one second consider giving in..
I had to walk past the bottle shop yesterday and I swear my mouth started watering. Urgh.

I took a deep breath, told my AV to, well, to put it politely, to get lost haha, gripped the trolley and kept my feet moving.

I do look forward to the day when that becomes easier.

Welcome TX!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will SD - I never notice the bottlo anymore

welcome TX

D
Old 09-18-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It will SD - I never notice the bottlo anymore

welcome TX

D
Thanks guys
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I love watching Bachelor in Paradise too Secretdrinker

We had the luncheon for my coworker and it went well. They brought in beer later this afternoon but I stayed away so no real issues with that.

I feel kind of odd today. I am very on edge (almost angry), shaky and on the verge of tears. I have never been shaky from alcohol withdrawal before and I am on day 5 so I would have thought that would have started before now (if related to alcohol withdrawal). Anyway, I don't know why I feel like this but I am going to try to go home soon and go to bed if I can. I am tired during the day and wide awake at night so I am not sure if I will be able to sleep but I am going to try.

Have a great weekend everyone...
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Great lyrics zen, thank you ! After many years, I really do know and accept that's it's over like I never have before and I'm grateful for that. I don't want to be with him, I really don't. There's nothing left. Being seeing his name and getting sucked back into that frustrating dynamic is dysfunctionally comfortable. Kind of like drinking ! Ha!
Welcome tx, you are here and back with us.

I'm hoping my day tomorrow, listening to 7 spiritual and self help speakers on various topics will fill my soul a little and give me some peace and hopefulness.

I probably won't be checking in until Sunday so j hope everyone has a great sober weekend
Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Great lyrics zen, thank you ! After many years, I really do know and accept that's it's over like I never have before and I'm grateful for that. I don't want to be with him, I really don't. There's nothing left. Being seeing his name and getting sucked back into that frustrating dynamic is dysfunctionally comfortable. Kind of like drinking ! Ha!
I sent him that song with this pic.

Yeah I was pissed with him.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hi all - through Day 4 here. No cravings, none, which is great. But I was so exhausted when I got home from work that I had to crash for a bit. I'm a huge Bachelor In Paradise fan or anything Bachelor related myself. I know it's trash TV but it's the perfect antidote for my stressful life! Yay weekend. To me, weekend doesn't mean drinking (it hasn't for a while) it means a chance to recharge the batteries, regroup and SLEEP.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Saturday morning and day 14.

Had another restless night. I woke up at 1:30 and tossed and turned till around 5 when I got up. Strangely enough I feel quite energetic.

Today is the start of a five day national holiday period here and I have a shopping trip to a city about 2 hours away. This normally culminates with a trip to a high end department store where I buy cheese and wine. They have both a great cheese and wine section. The wine section even has a sommelier who offers you advice and mini- thimble-sized glasses of wine to taste. I am certain I won't buy wine but I am also certain I won't be happy about it. I'll see people happily sampling and buying wine and I'll feel sad, jealous, angry, resentful and a host of other negative feelings. I'll be strong though as the positive benefits of sobriety are pretty outstanding at present. I'm still on a pink cloud.

I've noticed this before but when I'm drinking I drink habitually every Friday and Saturday, it's a given. I also sometimes drink on a Thursday and Sunday and sometimes on a Wednesday. Never on a Monday or Tuesday. I always felt the weekends are the hardest. However when I have some sober time under my belt my cravings are weirdly strongest during work days and weakest during the weekend. I guess I feel more relaxed during the weekend and more hungry and stressed during my working days.

Have a great weekend.
Midton, my strongest cravings are during the week. I can very much relate to this. I tend to drink on the odd nights when no one else is drinking (hence my Monday night relapse). I usually can sail through the weekends because I'm doing the stuff I like to do and need to do to feel good. It's those weekday stresses that get me!
Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

You are too funny, zen!! You must have been really mad! I'm actually not even mad, I've spent far too many years and too much energy being mad, sad, hurt, hopeful, blah blah. I'm really just done. We didn't even break up. I gave him a piece of my mind a month ago and he just listened , didn't say much as usual. And that was it, nothing til today. I'm too old for that crap. Im such an Overanalyzer and over thinker, but it's just not worth my time anymore. This afternoon was just a brief regression
Old 09-18-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TXAlchy View Post
Hi everyone. I'd like to join this class. I was around last year but relapsed after I got lazy about it. Today is my day 1 after a really rough week. I seem to always be able to get a couple of weeks but then lose it for days on end.

Anyway, I am going to put together a recovery plan. Have to make it stick this time or I'm a goner.

Thanks
Welcome! I'm on day two myself I am really thankful for the support offered here at SR. I've heard /read some say that getting sober is the hard part. Staying sober is the easy part (think it was in that show "Mom") fingers crossed that's true 😜😁
Old 09-18-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone,
I love watching Bachelor in Paradise too Secretdrinker

We had the luncheon for my coworker and it went well. They brought in beer later this afternoon but I stayed away so no real issues with that.

I feel kind of odd today. I am very on edge (almost angry), shaky and on the verge of tears. I have never been shaky from alcohol withdrawal before and I am on day 5 so I would have thought that would have started before now (if related to alcohol withdrawal). Anyway, I don't know why I feel like this but I am going to try to go home soon and go to bed if I can. I am tired during the day and wide awake at night so I am not sure if I will be able to sleep but I am going to try.

Have a great weekend everyone...
Congratulations on making it they the luncheon! And good for ypu for taking control of your environment 😊👍