Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 7

Old 10-10-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bellamiaa View Post

Ummm you need to write books!! Lots of them lol
Thanks, Bella.

I was just riffing on a post I made last week, hopefully not too pretentious!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
now's the time

Nice, cbf! No, not pretentious. It's nice to be a bit transported to your overcast coast and TS' bird-filled trees. We've got a nice geographic range here.

TS, I'll have to check out the reading & writing threads. Yes, I definitely like Raymond Carver! Another alcoholic I'm reading at the moment is Lucia Berlin... maybe I'll post about her over there.

A good day for me. My mother and I spent it together touring around the city as we're both new here. It was a gorgeous fall day. At the start I was feeling hesitant. I've been very introverted lately... I feel like I spend all my time thinking, and yet that I always need more time to think (making up for lost time, I guess). We've been planning to spend this as a tourist weekend for a while, and so even though I was really looking forward to it on one level, I was also concerned that I'd be all stiff socially. I'm odd that way. If I'm feeling social, I'll talk and talk for hours. But when I'm feeling introverted I can barely hold a conversation.

Anyway, I was kind of quiet, but after I stopped worrying about it I had a wonderful day and so did she. It made me realize that she's my mother, we're close, I don't need to entertain her, etc. So overall a good day, and also I'm feeling grateful for how this experience is making our relationship closer. And it was good practice at being my quieter self around people. I'd always drink to deal with that in the past.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hit a few bars/restaurants. No worries just designated driving. Making new observations. I will share later.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
now's the time

90 days today!!

Just got back from my morning meeting. It's such a good one... people are so honest with their thoughts and feelings. The topic today was fear and I felt really lucky to be able to hear these really intimate things about other people's interior lives. I'm one of the younger ones in the meeting, too, so it's such a great thing to share intimacy with people who have more life experience than I do. I found myself feeling so lucky that I get to have a mixed-gender, mixed-age, mixed-race, mixed-income "talk about our feelings club". What an incredible connection to the best parts about being human. It was one of those times when I feel like this whole messy thing is OK, that it's not just a cross I have to bear, that it's an interesting part of my life that will impact me in positive ways that I haven't yet experienced.

Have a good Sunday Julyers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2015-10-11 08.22.36.jpg (33.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-11-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Congratulations fantail!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

Checking in.

fantail- Congratulations! I'm glad you have a great group.

cbf- Beautiful.

letitigo- Can't wait to hear your observations.

Have a great Sunday/Sunday night everyone. It's a beautiful day up here in the driftless zone- must enjoy every last warm day.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Happy 100 days to tokidoki, angd1978, toadie and (everyone else i forgot lol) !!!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hi everyone :-)

Sounds like you would really enjoy those threads, cbf. You can post poems or extracts you love and pieces of writing. It's fun :-)

Fantail, that meeting sounds so good. I agree that our struggles with addiction can yield positives. Empathy, for one. I prefer to look at it that way rather than consider those years all completely wasted.

Hope you have a great day/night all :-)
Old 10-11-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Fantail

D
Old 10-11-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Congrats Fantail. I love my meetings too
Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Still here. Finished day 124 today. Looking forward to 150 next.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Great going, 2wheels!!! Lovely to hear how you are doing. That photo looks like the salt lake location where they had races. Don't know if they still do. Saw it in the movie 'The World's Fastest Indian'.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Way to go Fantail! 90 is awesome!
2Wheels 124 is amazing!
Congrats to anyone else celebrating awesome days too that we missed!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Had an okay weekend but rough couple of days.

I got super bad cravings this weekend and just about gave in twice. After each craving was over I started feeling overly anxious and fearful. That didn't last long either but it made things rough.

Almost to the 90 day mark here. Congrats to all others!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Haven't been here much. Struggling today. The only thing that's stopping me from drinking is work tomorrow. It's like my last excuse, that stops me, if that ever goes I'll be a lost cause. It's tempting though. And it starts with just one.

Like- it's a beautiful day here, so great, going to chill out and watch the Jays this aft, what could be better than a beer to go with it, it would make everything better, it's harmless.

Not really though that's all bs. My mood is so low, it just depresses me, it's a slippery slope you know. Hanging on without really knowing why. Work is the only semi-functional thing in my life.

Honesty- you know I stop for a while, then I start drinking again, then it's a long climb back up. That's where I'm at.

Sorry to bring everyone down, sorry I haven't been much of a support. Just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited by callmemilly; 10-12-2015 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Honesty- you know I stop for a while, then I start drinking again, then it's a long climb back up. That's where I'm at.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

Callmemilly- So happy you're back but sorry to hear you're struggling. We appreciate your honesty; hope you stay with us!

letitgo- Thank you. Being in three digits feel good.

Holds- Glad you made it intact through your bad days.

KeyofC- How's it going?
Old 10-12-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I literally got up on the wrong side of bed this morning. Forgot to set the alarm and..yikes- 10 minutes to be off- I practically fell out of bed! Being late is simply not an option in my job. I was discombobulated the whole day. Hightailed it back home as soon as the students left, even though there were a lot of things I could have gotten done. HALT-- think I will add a 'D' to that.--HALT +D for discombobulated. The AV gave a hissy whisper this afternoon but at least it wasn't a shriek.

Hang in there everyone.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hi everyone :-)

Well done not giving in, Holds!

(((Callmemilly))), don't worry about bringing anyone down or how much support you offer. We all do our best given how we are feeling and where we are on our journeys. It would be great if you keep posting to get things off your chest and so we can support you. That's what SR friends are for :-)
Old 10-12-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

BTW, shabby-- thanks for all the support. If you don't mind, how are *you* doing?
Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Toki, I'm doing very well thank you! (Hug)!
Holds glad you're hanging in there
Callme keep going forward...don't go back
Hey Shab!
Keep it together gang! We can do this