Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 7

Old 10-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Holds, still think about you playing that piano! I bet it's amazing! I am doing just fine. Just so happy things are so different in my life today. So happy things are calm, normal, happy, peaceful. I don't stress, worry, feel anxious, feel depressed. I don't have a perfect life by any means but I sure have a different outlook and way of dealing with things, thank goodness. I am so glad that I'm being blessed and I'm hanging on to it with all my might! Thanks for asking!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

KeyofC - Yes someday I hope to play a piano as this. I am going to be buying a new one soon though probably a keyboard, however one with weighted keys and pedals, otherwise whats the point right? I'm going to teach my daughter how to play, something I never would have done as a drunken mess everyday.

Shabs or Shabby, TS? Anyway I like what you say about ready to feel negative feelings. Its like we drank to get rid of those feelings and then when we quit, we don't realize that these feelings are part of life and that we need to deal with them in a healthy way. I'm glad we are staying sober!

Cooked a great meal last night and today should be good as well. Woke up this morning and the fog was really dense I could barely see the houses next door, almost like Walking Dead or any apocalyptic type movie! It was pretty cool though.

Other than that, Hope everyone is having a nice sober Wednesday!
Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

KeyofC.....yay!!! That is so great to hear!!!

Holds.... Shabs, Shabby, TS, I've been called them all and am fine with whichever one you choose :-) What kind of piano music do you like to play? Isn't it great being able to be a sober, better parent? My son is in his early 20's. Needless to say I have regrets about the last 15 years, but it is what it is. I can only do better from here on in. Cool - I love fog. Watch out for zombies :-)

How are you going Upwards and cbf?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hiya guys! Hope y'all are having a good mid week day!
Holds, sounds like you're doing well I am happy for you! My Mom plays and used to play all the time. I can play simple stuff by way but scant read a note of music. Same on the guitar. I can even play drums a little! Lol
Shab, always glad to hear from you! ((Hug)) to y'all both!
Hope everyone else is doing well! Give a shout out, we could worry you know. I hope no news means good news!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

Callmemilly- Nice to hear from you and hope everything is going well.

Holds- You continue to sound good. Isn't it fun to cook?

Shabby- Going on to a month...Good job!

KeyofC- Thanks for your always positive posts.

Everyone- I hope you are all well. Please check in when you get a chance.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

This week is really busy- parent/teacher conferences. Tends to wear a person out. It's great to see the parents, but inevitably the ones you most want to talk with don't show...

Holds, for what it's worth, I have a Kurzweil digital home piano. I love it. Bought it for my daughter several years ago (must have been before the drinking), and it's really fun to play on. I took piano for many years while I was growing up. Piano teacher Mrs. B. had a grand (baby grand?) and an upright. I didn't practice enough, so sometimes, mid-lesson, she'd say "Let's play a piano duet!" and relegate me to the upright. She was right; I really couldn't take full advantage of the grand.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi folks, sorry for the silence. Things are still somewhat unsettled at work, but I'm doing what I can on my end and trying not to worry about decisions that aren't mine to make.

Otherwise life is trucking along. Going to meetings daily and searching for my higher power. I've been feeling less anger lately which is great. Beginning to grasp the difference between being wilful and willing, and realizing how self centered I can be.
I'm getting into a steady weight training routine and biking everywhere, sleeping like a baby most nights. Still battling my obsession with coffee, I consume way too much of it!
I have a big volunteer event this Saturday, helping with a fundraiser bike ride. Beer will be a big part of it but I feel okay. Other beverages will be available.

Sunday I have a few opportunities to be social but I really want to spend the day decompressing. I haven't really wanted to drink but I also have my head in the sand with regards to a social life. For now it's fine, and I know I can turn to my sponsor if I start to feel really restless but afraid to expand my horizons.

I do feel like something is on the horizon but I am trying not to peek. It will reveal itself in due time.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
now's the time

Here. Exhausted! But in a good way. Work is building momentum. I'll check in properly when I'm not half asleep!
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Yes, I remember that from being a teacher, toki, and it being a full on week with parent/teachers' evenings.

Sounds really positive, Upwards. I'm a bit obsessed with coffee too - definitely a bit of a weakness, but it tastes so good! Even as a kid I loved it.

Similar space to you, Fantail. Work's busy, but good, and feeling positive. Yay to not drinking and extra energy and confidence derived from a greater sense of self-worth/efficacy/respect etc....!!!

Hi keyofC...hope you have had a good mid-week day/evening too :-)
Old 10-22-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thanks toki the apponitment went well. No surgery until summer. Thankfully we got good news. Missouri is beautiful with the fall foiliage this time of year.
Heading back to philly. Really feeling the urge of relapse getting stronger. Par for the course at this stage. Instant gratification isnt worth wasting my accrued time. Drinking wont solve anything. Great link posted by MIRECOVERY.

5 Reasons Why People Quit Recovery

Thoughts of hopeless , anxiety and depression. My solution has been to be in the moment. Gonna hit up some meetings again. I need someone to talk in my solitary. I enjoy it but it gets too lonley at times. Looking forward to the holidays. I will need a break definitely. Going to do things to keep myself going and not burn myself out. Its been a crazy busy year.

Glad you are all well!!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Letitgo, I hope the meetings help. I have found relief there when struggling with my worries.
I'm going every day now hoping to maintain the reasonably positive state I'm in now, because I know depression hits me every year around the holidays.
Thanks for sharing that article, very important stuff to keep present in the mind during these early days.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Up and Fantail I am so glad to hear form you! (hug)!
Shab hope you're doing well too (hug) always glad when you're here!
Let, I am praying so hard for you! Please don't give in...fight with all your might! You are so worth it! If you give in you'll feel even worse about yourself, your self-esteem, everything...Stat strong (((HUG)))!
Toki, Holds, always love reading your posts! (hug)
Hope everyone who hasn't checked in are doing well too...we worry about you! There's too many to name for my mind to try to remember, but you're all my peeps!
Have a strong Thursday! Praying for everyone (myself included)
Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you letitgo :-) Thanks for the link!

Thank you for your prayers, keyofC. You are a sweetheart (((hugs)))
Old 10-22-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

You guys are so prolific with your posting, I can't keep up!

Been busy starting a new venture, driving for Uber...been an experience so far...abstinence is still intact, I am the master of my domain!

Oh, bowling has been pretty good too lately...always getting calls to sub bowl.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us for part 8 here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D