Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 7

Old 10-13-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Toki I can't make myself get on a scale either but I'm like you and I can see and tell the difference in my clothes and sizes. It feels good when ppl say something about it too. Weight like age is only a number and I chose to not feel like what either of them say to me! Lol
Old 10-13-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Let, proud of you (hug)
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

So funny yeap at a residence inn ouside of SF. Ding ding ding your a winner Tokidoki
Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I like this point about distinguishing boredom from calm. I do get antsy if I try to just sit quietly, I dread getting bored, or being inundated with disorganized thoughts.
I want to be calmer, not always reaching for something.
For me this ties in to the dieting topic too. I tend to reach for coffee, sugar and fat. I exercise enough to break even, but I'd like to be able to break free of always needing something...it's the same needing that I used to fill with booze.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Yes, that 'what can I consume?' urge. Smoking, drinking, eating......sparkling water works well for me because it satiates that urge but is healthy. Of course, one needs to have a balanced diet so I still make sure I eat lots of chips and chocolate.

Alcatraz.....way cool. I would be fascinated by that too. Must have been pretty bleak if you were a resident :-/

Hey toki, I'm pretty sure there are support groups for M & M habits. Just don't come off them cold turkey. Tapering is best.....very, very, slowly. So slowly you can barely notice it :-)
Old 10-14-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
now's the time

San Francisco! I was living there for the last five years. Might move back in February. I miss it a lot. I hope you had good weather for Alcatraz, those views are wonderful when it's clear!

Haven't been checking in as much... I have a cold and I'm working a lot of hours, so between the two I've been pretty meh. Not sad, just tired. I'm finding that when I'm ill right now my body needs a *ton* of rest. I'm going to try to get to a doctor in a couple of weeks to get blood work and all that to be sure that it's just recovery and not an underlying issue. I'm pretty sure it's just recovery, though. I was such a mess the last few months before I quit... it's crazy but also pretty realistic that I'd still be healing.

Glad to hear everyone's hanging in there and working through issues as they arise. Go us!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

fantail-Hope you feel better soon. I've had a bunch of aches and pains too- actually thought for awhile that I had arthritis. The muscles pains are going away now, so that probably was also a residual recovery stuff...

shabby- Yay for elderly cops who call you "love"!

letitgo- Too funny; so I was imagining right.

This has been a three-day school week so the students were bouncing off the walls. All k-12 schools in the state have a four-day weekend so no work for me tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Just had to look back to Carver's post- he said he felt "bleurgh". Good word, that's howI feel these days. Did have a good time at chimes practice this afternoon though...

I signed myself for a workshop tomorrow and it might be a little intense. Hmmm, not sure if it relates to recovery directly, but if I learn something interesting, will share tomorrow.

Take care, everyone.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Hey everyone!

Back home after 14 nights out in the RV. Had a great solo trip, and sobriety remained intact.

Had a few temptations early in the trip, but everything smoothed out after the first few days. I purposely left all my liquor in the RV and beer in the fridge for guests, and I like testing myself in this manner. My annual rally group at Danforth Bay RV Resort was fine with my choice to abstain, and I knew there were already a few non drinkers in our group anyway. I gave away the beers as adult treats at the Halloween trick or treating at our table and they went fast!

Been trying to catch up here as my internet capabilities have been strained the past few days.

Hope everyone is doing well, and remember that you alone control your actions, so make the right choices.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Toadie - welcome back
Old 10-14-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Feel better Fantail and Carver

Good job Toadie, 2 weeks on the road would be a trigger for me for sure!

I'm kinda bummed. The first half of my day was great, but then I screwed something up at work and began to get really down on myself about my performance. I've already been aware that we're not doing a ton of business right now and I feel like I'm not productive enough.
We're just a bunch of friends who are total amateurs at running a business and it feels like we're barely keeping it together.
I try hard but I feel pretty lost, I have little authority and yet also little guidance or feedback from others. Yet somehow I'm supposed to just chug along and generate profit and not have any problems.
Ugh! I'm ready for more structure please!!

But, I'm not going to obliterate my frustration and dread with booze. Okay, I did just get lost in some cake and iced cream, but I'm sober.
What I am gonna do is double my efforts to be focused, on task and organized, as well as courteous, patient and thorough. Tomorrow I'm going to be all business and do my best to leave there feeling like I'm good at my job.
Phew! Thanks for listening y'all.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi Toadie! Sounds like you had a great, sober time :-)

Upwards, don't worry, we all make the odd screw up once in a while. I'm pretty good at screwing up, actually, in fact I would go so far as to say I excel at it :-) I would bet my bottom dollar you are an extremely conscientious, highly skilled, hard-working member of your team. I'd bet my second to bottom dollar that they think so too.

Hi everyone else. It's great to be a part of this class
Old 10-15-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I really need to get back to making SR a daily part of my life. Old habits have a terrible way of following me around when I take my eye off the ball.

Hope you are all doing ok.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Yes, cbf, and we miss you when you're not around! Just a little bit of emotional blackmail for added motivation :-)
Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Yes, cbf, and we miss you when you're not around! Just a little bit of emotional blackmail for added motivation :-)
Thanks, Shabbs :-)
Old 10-15-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Hi Toadie! Sounds like you had a great, sober time :-)

Upwards, don't worry, we all make the odd screw up once in a while. I'm pretty good at screwing up, actually, in fact I would go so far as to say I excel at it :-) I would bet my bottom dollar you are an extremely conscientious, highly skilled, hard-working member of your team. I'd bet my second to bottom dollar that they think so too.

Hi everyone else. It's great to be a part of this class
Agreed
I am great at screwing up to but this is life ya know
Old 10-15-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Welcome back Toadie!
Toki, I love your posts! Youre always so busy!
Up, hang in there! We appreciate you...and like Shab said, I'm sure they do too!
Hey CBF and Let!!
Fantail, hope you get to feeling better soon and don't stay away too long!
(Hug) to everyone and to anyone I missed "Hiya"!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Busy since I got back Tuesday...sub bowled Tuesday night, yard cleanup and lawn cutting yesterday, and today I was cleaning, prepping, restocking the RV for the next trip, November 13th is coming up quickly. We are heading to the St. Petersburg Beach FL area for 5 nights, then a few more nights with friends in Florida before heading to Charleston SC for Thanksgiving with my younger sister and family. We are scheduled to arrive back home November 29th.

Sub bowling tomorrow night, a bowling fundraiser for ALS Saturday afternoon and sub bowling Saturday night.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying the course!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
now's the time

Sounds like an awesome line up, Toadie. What's sub bowling? Is it different from regular bowling?

I'm feeling good today. Still a little bit of a cold but my energy levels are more normal. I'm such an all or nothing thinker. It's so easy for me to be like "well, I guess now that I'm sober I'll just sleep forever, that's too bad". I'm still going to get to the doctor but I'm feeling less worried now. I think maybe part of it is also that I was so used to battling my body all the time that I don't even remember what it feels like to be naturally sick. For the last year, having a cold just meant I was shaking, nauseous, and exhausted as per usual, oh and I guess I have a stuffy nose. Now it's a bit more of a change from day to day.

Anyway though, the weather is perfect fall today... warm but crisp, bright blue sky contrasting with leaves that are beginning to turn orange. Nice breezes, yellow sunlight. It's been... I actually don't even know how many years since I've had a northeastern autumn. I guess 6, and before that year another 4 or 5. So this is my second autumn in 10 years! Wow.

Anyway. Grateful that I'm clear headed and here to enjoy it, instead of barely glimpsing it through a haze.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

It's often struck me how the sunlight is yellow in Autumn and white in Summer. I guess it's the distance from the sun. I guess I'm kind of ruining the poetry of it all now!

Glad you are feeling better, Fantail. 'All or nothing thinking'....I'm the Queen. Still getting better at refraining from that. I'd go on these health-kicks, where I would eat nothing but raw food - 100% Then I would swing wildly back into mega amounts of takeaways. Crazy. Why do we do that? I think it's some kind of fear-based thing.

Toadie, would you mind terribly if I had your life? Just sayin' :-)

Cool new avatar, keyofC!