Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 20

Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Oh Crois , how I would LOVE to see that pic of you

Thank you for the poignant advice on the dress shopping with your Mum. I've definitely taken note

Xxx
Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hey, Wendy, not so much advice, as just ironic that I was reminiscing about that same kind of memory that you made with Holly today.

Time for you to make plenty more memories.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Snoozy, your daughter looks gorgeous - love that dress! Glad you had a nice day

Croissant - reading your post about the memory with your mom made me think too - I want to experience all of my daughters' wonderful milestones and I want them to have good memories of their Mom always being there - sober, present and happy. Thank you

Enjoying my coffee this morning and watching my older daughter dress up her little sister like a princess. Wish I could post a pic of this
Old 08-14-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Snoozy, it is so heartening to hear you sound better!
Holly looks stunning!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I am very sad to learn of the death this morning of one of SR's beloved members, RobbyRobot.
I valued and learned so much from his posts. May he rest in peace.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Oh Leahar , how very sad . Do you know what happened , he was sooo lovely :-(

Xxx
Old 08-14-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Do your best

It is terribly sad news about RobbyRobot i knew him for just a year but i know lots and lots of ppl knew him longer and are obviously heartbroken im really sorry Leshar & Snooz and everyone else here who knew & loved him

One of the greatest things about SR is his posts will remain for thousands to learn from the authentic threads contain some seriously powerful sobriety in them

Time for a grouphug i think

Snoozy & Leshar have a nice afternoon im off to the Dr's soon as they have to see me to give me a repeat script i put it in 3 days ago but they didnt say i needed to make an apt so its meh

Finished 10% happier by Dan Harris thought it was a good read im going to start reading change your thoughts change your life next

Spk later guys
Old 08-14-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
KeyofC, we're more than happy to have you here, but just so you know this is the Class of July 2013. Class of July 2015 is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

Like I said though, feel free to hang with us too. The more the merrier and there are some great folks in this class with all different lengths of sobriety who will be more than happy to meet and help you.

Congrats on 23 days! 23 has always been one of my favorite numbers for some weird reason. In fact, it's one of the numbers I play in the lottery for fun every week.
Ohmygosh I didn't pay attention to this..sorry! But I do like to read on those who are farther down the road anyway..Think I'll keep reading. Thanks all of you!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Oh Leahar , how very sad . Do you know what happened , he was sooo lovely :-(

Xxx
It was cancer Snooz.

D
Old 08-15-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-15-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hello friends, thank you for the warm welcome back. I can't tell you how good it feels to be back here with all of you.
Snooz, your daughter looks so pretty
Leshar, I hope you are feeling better about your relationship. Try to think about it this way : maybe this is saving you from years and years of heartache.

I am on day 7 and feeling very positive and strong. It has been a long, tiring week back at school and I have been very emotional. Grieving for and missing my dad sober is very different than when I am in the middle of a drinking cycle. It's hard to explain, but I feel more connected to him and my feelings when I am sober. A few times a day, I cry out of nowhere, that gutteral cry that takes you over. I think that I lost some time in the grief process by drinking.

On the other hand, I am feeling very positive and relieved over the end of a very toxic back and forth relationship that has gone on way too long. This is the first time in this decade long relationship that I know we no longer belong together and I'm not holidng on for our right "time". Usually at this point in our breakups I'm writing long-winded letters and emails analyzing it all, crying, feeling angry, hurt and jealous, but also blaming myself in every possible way. Now I feel acceptance for what it once was, for what it is, and for the fact that it's over. It's new for me, but it feels good ! I need to take some time for me, work on my sobriety, my grief, myself. Someday, someway, I believe someone will come along, when the time is right.

I have a long to -do list today, which is a good thing. Busy is good for me. I have enjoyed a lazy morning with my computer and my coffee. Mornings look and feel nothing like this when I'm drinking. Yuck.

Hugs to all of you
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Snooz; your daughter looks simply gorgeous - the picture of elegance.

I couldn't help but think of the song by Chris deBurgh "Lady in Red".
Old 08-15-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's day 100 and also my 41st birthday here in Texas. My first time to reach triple digits in sobriety after 13 years of declaring "I'm never drinking again."

No big plans. I already did a little birthday celebration with my family a couple of days ago. I work tonight, though I planted a bug in my boss' ear last night that it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if he left me off the schedule for tonight. If he does, I'll probably go to an AA meeting of some kind. But for now, I'm assuming I'm working and that's OK too. I am grateful for my job, even though last night was a rough one.

Congrats on one week, FABL! So glad you found us again. It was a huge step for me to come back onto this thread after being away for almost two years. I kept making excuses for why I wouldn't re-join this thread until I reached a certain number of days, etc. So glad I finally let those thoughts go and did post here again as this has once again become my favorite group here on SR.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Saturday! Thanks again to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one day at a time.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Casey!!!! 100 days!!!!!

Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS, Casey, on triple digits--and Happy Birthday, too! :
Old 08-15-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Casey

100 Days !!!
Old 08-15-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Casey!!!
It's awesome that you now have triple digits for sobriety!!!
Keep up the good work.

Congrats on 7 days FABL.
So glad you stop in here.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I've been alone most of the day as my family went with their aunt to the beach.
I'm not much of a beach person as I burn very easily. Besides, I worked this morning to get some OT to help with bills.

In the past this would have been a BIG trigger for me.
But, it's enjoyable to stay home,rest and hang out with my pup Leah.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
I've been alone most of the day as my family went with their aunt to the beach.
I'm not much of a beach person as I burn very easily. Besides, I worked this morning to get some OT to help with bills.

In the past this would have been a BIG trigger for me.
But, it's enjoyable to stay home,rest and hang out with my pup Leah.
Life changes but in a nice way; a day with the put sounds good.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang we have been cooking a brisket that is taking ages its been on nearly 5 hours i remember it being 4h before we ended up making welsh rarebit (cheese on toast with worcestshire sauce)

Watching season 1 of bates motel spk later guys