Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-14-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Taking DH to the beach for his b'day, then one of his favorite restaurants there. DD and I made mascarpone cheesecake. Have a great day all!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Phoebe, Huxley is adorable!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to your husband BD!! ♥
Old 08-14-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And yes, that afternoon slump...but I can't have coffee after lunchtime Arbor or I'd never sleep.
I used to be that way too. Doesn't seem to bother me much anymore. Maybe it's the blend I use as I never feel jim jammy.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I've got some peppermint oil in my desk drawer for the afternoon slump. Just a drop on each wrist does the trick, truly. And a quick walk around helps as well. Sometimes, I'm just tired from too much sitting at a computer.

And good morning/evening everyone! We literally made plans to sleep in tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about that. I can't remember the last time we got to wake up without an alarm. We've either been out of town, had company in town, or had a family or work function requiring booty-crack of dawn attendance. This is going to be awesome. Aaaaaaaahhh, the little things. Lol

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

That afternoon 'slump' time used to be the awakening of my av for the day....getting a little tired, a little hungry, and counting down until walking out of the office to pick up a six pack on the way home. Of course I was never going to drink more than two or maybe three...HA.

I think we've come a long way if our conversation is about peppermint oil and coffee being comfort givers. Good stuff.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Yeah that peppermint oil thing is interesting. So it's the scent on the wrist that you like Conquest?

I see now too Mark that time of day being my biggest trigger. I'm at my most vulnerable. Just knowing that gives me a lot of power. It's then just a matter of using the tools available. I don't think I ever felt that slump much in my twenties. So things have changed in that department as I've gotten older.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Coffee sounds like heaven. Unfortunately I've had stomach issues this week which coffee exacerbates. So it's green tea for me this morning. Not quite hacking it. Zzzzzz...
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

And yeah, anticipating getting off work was a huge trigger for me too.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Never tried peppermint oil, and can't drink coffee that time of day. But boy how a big protein shake can change my mindset. Yep, just using our various tools....virtual high 5's all around. Wish y'all were all local....planning on a little grillin' and swimmin' this weekend. I like feeding folks and would have fun watching Hux romp around the yard....He'd have to be a bit more modest with the sunning though.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

An afternoon pool party sounds divine! I can make some slaw and bring some Arnold Palmer Zero. What's everyone else bringing??

5:00 is my AV alarm. Must try the peppermint oil trick. With my new early hours, I feel the slump earlier, like now. Was up until 11:30. 6 hours is 2 hours to little sleep for me. I can get by on 7.

My son and I are having a rather lazy day with the puppy. I think boy is slowly gaining some confidence around the dog.

I promised son breakfast or lunch out today, but he has asked for a Dunkin Donuts Smoothie instead. He has been dying to try those. Off to get that.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
An afternoon pool party sounds divine! I can make some slaw and bring some Arnold Palmer Zero. What's everyone else bringing??.
I would suggest that all New Englanders bring lobster......lots of lobster!

And wow, a dunkin donuts smoothie for dessert. Will have to add some extra gym time after that though.

Ok, time to head back to work and knock out the afternoon.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Lobster on sale around here for $4.99 lb. Lowest price of the season!!! Throw in some cherry stones and I'm comin by!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

If I may ask, Arbor, what store has that price?? We may share some grocery chains.

A cooler full of lobsta it is, Mark!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Yes. That time of day is my trigger time as well.
And I love the idea of the peppermint oil. I will get some.

Gosh how I would love to come to a cookout at your house Mark!
It would be wonderful!

Hope you catch up on your sleep phoebe, and that your tummy feels better Briar.

I couldn't sleep last night, so trying to motivate myself to go and work.

And yes Arbor, I remember how I could just keep on going in my 20s. Mind you, I had drugs on board in those days.

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 08-14-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Well I do declare......lobsta and cherry stones it is! .

$4.99 lb. , incredible!

Well my brain has thought all it can for today. Just getting home and my plan is to sit and stare for a bit....no thinking at all. Then I'm just gonna think about food and the reality of it is I'll probably end up eating a turkey wrap. But all the other sounds better.

Hi V....would be great to have you here. We enjoy house guests too.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Well I stayed with the seafood theme, but alas I've had to settle for a can of tuna.

My youngest daughter flees the kitchen making gagging sounds when I open the can. I think I shall go breath on her now.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Well, I opened new food for little V this morning...and I had a feeling she wouldn't like it. She stared at me for a while, and then just lay on the floor in front of her food and made noises that sounded like help me, I'm dying, until I opened something else: tuna. Now she's happy!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

A very-much loved SR member has passed away...and although I did not know him, my heart goes out to his wife, and everyone who loved him. I don't feel right about posting in the thread, but we are all part of this wonderful community, and another one of us is gone now. It's incredibly sad.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hahahahaaaaa loving the food drama stories...
My little cousin once puked on the kitchen floor when he looked at the whole steamed artichokes that I had cooling on the counter. (They're one of my favorite grocery splurges.) He also gags at the sight of guacamole. Poor kid doesn't know what he's missing!
And I'd totally bring fruit salad to the cookout. I'm staring at a pineapple and 3 huge peaches that need to be conquered ASAP.

Peppermint oil also cools you off. Ill put a dab on the back of my neck sometimes, good stuff.
Another thing that gets me through the getting-home-from-work cravings is having a snack and a huge glass of water as soon as I walk in the door. Shuts the AV right up.

Friday night and I'm so so happy to be at home, finishing a movie, listening to the washer go, and chilling with my iPad. I'm about to make a super easy enchilada casserole....You just mix browned beef or turkey, one can of enchilada sauce, corn tortillas (sliced into 1 inch pieces). Put it in a greased dish. Then top with cheese, green onions, and anything else you like. It goes in the oven until the cheese is melted. Salad on the side. Perfect Tex-Mex comfort food. YES