Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-09-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Briar, I pray that this is over soon. It must be terrifying.

My 5 year old is about to learn a heartbreaking life lesson. (She's not up yet).

One of our goldfish got snagged up in the fish tank decor yesterday, we released him as soon as we noticed but he didn't look good.

He was alive when I got up at stupid-o-clock this morning but he was stuck in the decor again. Freed him again but he didn't make it.

Sigh.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Oh no!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Sigh. To us it's 'only' a fish. We can get another one. But to her....

I don't know how she'll react.

I talked to her yesterday. Explained that he's poorly. She asked if he was going to die and I answered honestly that I didn't know. (At that point he'd perked up a bit)

Oh it's horrible being a mom at times like this. But I know how we deal with it is important.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hope she's OK Mysti.
I know some parents have a fishy memorial...a little send off, and then straight to the pet store. I don't know, I never had fish.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

V, You're setting a wonderful example of resilience for your nephews. I'm positive that they are learning powerful lessons and are so lucky to have you in their lives. You're so loving and nurturing. How is the strep coming along? I hope it's continuing to clear up.

Sorry to hear, Mystified. I hope the talk goes as well as it can.

I'm up at stupid o'clock too. Whyyyyyy?! Big work day ahead has my brain spinning. Part of me wants to just get up and go... Probably should try to grab a few more zzzzzs though...let's see.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Breath my darling Conquest...always my first go-to when this happens.
Just lie down for a bit and take some good deep breaths, and focus on all you are grateful for...it chases the anxiety away.

And I love you.
Just seeing your post made me feel good.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm getting better...there is a lot of info out there these days for handling this without antibiotics. So I followed that advice. Many disagree. But it seems to be working OK, and I build my natural resilience this way. If I'm wrong, I will learn the lesson, but fingers crossed.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Oh good to hear!
Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

For you Mark: ~

(Hmm...probably way too late and you are at the gym already.... )
Old 08-10-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I hope for your sake it works out V. Strep isn't something to take lightly.

Stay safe out there Briar. You guys need some rain for gods sake.

Thinking about yesterday. Had some special moments with my three year old. Reminded me of when I was a kid. He's growing up so fast. I will miss this precious age, but am glad to be sober to really feel it and enjoy it.

Happy Monday all!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Any beach day that does not involve a bad sunburn for me is a good one. It was nice to get together with some of my family. We all brought food and snacks~they laughed at my brie and crackers but they ate all of it! Looking forward to being off this week. No real plans but I'm sure the week will fly by. It's really nice to have my daughter home.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I know Arbor, really...
Glad you are enjoying time with your boys, and glad you are enjoying time with your family BD.

Love and goodnight to all of you. ♥
Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Brie and crackers on the beach sounds so good, BD! Enjoy that time together.

Arbor, Cowboy and Jr. were on the couch and the little guy snuggled right up in his lap. He's 8 now and I wondered for how long will he be able to that? His legs and arms seem to have grown a foot each over the summer, like a Great Dane puppy. Lol It was just so sweet. Those little moments are truly precious. Hang on to 'em! Your little ones are lucky to have such a loving father.

Mission 1 accomplished and feeling better already. It's funny how our brains can turn little things into big things in the wee hours of night. Probably time to cut back on caffeine for me.
I'm meeting up with my sis for lunch. It's a rare treat for us to get some time with just the two of us. Our personalities are totally different, but we're often mistaken for twins. We even sound the same. Totally looking forward to it.
I hope everyone's week is starting off well!
Gnight, V! Thanks for being here for me in the middle of the night.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys. Restless sleep here too. Wouldn't let myself check the news until morning so I wouldn't freak out, but then I dreamed about fires all night anyway. I kept dreaming that I was out there, and everyone else was going into the hot zone to help fight the fire, but I was too scared.

All that and there's no update in the news yet anyway except that it's over 5000 acres now. This is crap.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Oh, Briar . . .

How is your mother handling this latest fire?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and thanks for the coffee V.....it was just as good post workout.

I've been working on some things that are significant to my work. Pretty big changes that require everyone to be on board and I have to be on top of it all. Headed out for some meetings and my stomach hurts a little with anxiety.

Glad I'm not hung over and my hands are steady as a rock.

Happy Monday gang.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

So much to catch up on this am.

Glad you are feeling a bit better, V. Kick that strep to the curb.

Briar, I cannot imagine living with the threat if such fires so close to home. I hope your Mother's home will make it through this one as well. What a tragedy for so many people. Keeping her and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Your beack day sounds lovely, BD.

Mystified, sorry about the goldfish. I hope your little one took it fairly well. I did such a stupid thing with my daughter's fish. It was a beta fish, and had died, and she knew it. But, it had come time to dispose of it. My son was 2-3ish, and He was never particularly attached to her fish, or not that I had noticed. It was so smelly, and so, I decided it had to go. I scooped it into a cup, and walked to the toilet to flush it. He followed and watched, rather matter-of-factly, until I actually flushed. Then, he was devastated! He screamed "no" and cried and cried. I felt so awful! I explained we were sending her back to the sea. He accepted it. I really had been thinking of it as my daughter's beloved fish, and she knew I was going to deal with it while she was at school that day.

Another early start at 5:30 am with pup. Then had to shower and get kids dropped at the HS for their classes. Son is doing a basketball camp, and the Driver Ed for daughter. I go get him at 2:30, and she has a ride home, but is there all week until 5. The puppy misses them, especially her, who is his constant companion. I would love to grab a catnap. Not used to these early hours and I sleep so lightly since getting the puppy.

Hope everyone has a good day/night.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

The puppy will be lonely when they go back to school, but I bet that some special bonding between the two of you goes down-perhaps that's when you get your walking buddy Phoebe!

Conquest, smiling at the image of the Great Dane puppy/boy. Briar, hoing for the best for your Mom. I would hat to live in fear like that! Is this a regular occurence?

Venus, for some reason I thought you did not have a car. If you care for your car with regular maintenance, it will treat you well.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and yours, Briar. Any word from your mom yet?

Home and happy to have a pretty clear calendar tonight.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Happy work is done for the day (mostly done anyway).

Briar, I haven't seen an update on the fire today....how goes it?
BD, I hope you have lots of good time with your daughter this week and glad the beach trip was nice.
Conquest, I can still get my little one to climb up in my lap, but it won't last much longer. I will miss that for sure. I was so anxious yesterday and realized that I'd had 4 cups of coffee....back to my limit of two today.
V....is the throat still improving without antibiotics?
Phoebe....I hope the driving classes are going well. It is a big step when they get in the car and drive away for the first time without anyone else in the car with them. Yikes.
Hope the day has gone well for you Leigh and Arbor.

Well a few e-mails to tackle and I'm gonna call it quits.