Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-10-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Had some minor cravings and bad thoughts when I got home from work. Made a pot of iced coffee and had two glasses. Man o man that killed it. Gots lots done too. Now I'm hoping I can go to sleep in an hour!

Wife surprised me with lobsters. Done and won y'all!

image-526177933.jpg
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Man I bet that was good Arbor. I'm gonna have to order some of those bad boys and have shipped.

I've never had iced coffee, closest thing to that was those frappe things from Starbucks the kids introduced me to in New York. The caramel one was great.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I got hooked on iced coffee when I was working from home and starting at 5am. I could roll out of bed, grab the coffee from the fridge and get to work-no waiting.
Had some this morning, but not at 5, LOL.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys. Based on the maps, the fire is about a mile from her house as of a couple hours ago, and it's mainly moving away, which is to say the side that's coming at her is moving slowly compared to the other side. The wind decides where the fire goes. I have to say I'm getting pretty tired of the suspense.

On a positive note, it has been interesting learning about the geography of the remote hills out there. And in case you were wondering...yes, there is, in fact, a place called "Bucksnort Creek."
Old 08-10-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

And "Coon Flats." Not sure what that's supposed to mean.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Still praying, Briar.

You must be exhausted . . .
Old 08-10-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Thanks Leigh. Yeah, we're all pretty tired.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Wow, a mile is pretty close huh, glad it's moving away Briar. I hope it still is...

You'v never had iced-coffee Mark? Oh my. What a heavenly treat it is...I don't think it's the same thing BD does, but iced coffees with icecream and whipped cream...just wow.

Yes, I am still getting better. And I promise I will go to the doc if need be. I know not to mess with these things, really. I wasn't around anyone when my fever was high, so I didn't put anyone else in danger.

And yes BD, I couldn't live without my car, and until the past year I have always taken very good care of it...I don't know what happened. I guess I neglected some things with all that was going on with my dad. I won't do that again, I can promise you.

I've never had lobster...I hear it's magnificent. And that does look good Arbor!

Glad you are feeling better now Conquest.

Love to Leigh and Dee, and mysti too! ♥
Old 08-10-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Oh wow, guys. I WISH I could capture the colour of the sky this morning. It's. ..... violent pink!!!!! Can't think of a better word to describe it! I NEVER felt moved by sunrises before I quit drinking. Never to this extent. I love getting up early to see it and to listen to the birds. It sets me up for the day.

As expected my little girl was pretty upset. She wanted to bury the fish so we had a little ceremony in the garden. We found a flat stone. She drew a picture. We placed flowers. My other half thought it was overkill but she has an elderly grandfather who is really quite sick. You guys understand don't you?

Hope everyone is well. Hugs and love to you all.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I think that's lovely mysti...

And now you need to get her another fish.

Sorry to hear that one of you has a very ill parent...you know I understand.
We all do.

Oh ~ and the sunrise sounds divine...where are the pictures?...I want to see that.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I don't think it's overkill. Sounds like a healthy and compassionate way to cope with loss. Even if it's just a fish. I think the lesson is the important thing
Old 08-10-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think your response was great Mysti

D
Old 08-11-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Mystified, the fish scenario was right on point. Do get another, but only if your little one asks. There are life lessons everywhere, and some of them will actually stay with her, LOL.

DD beat me at Monopoly after dinner, we went for a walk for frozen yogurt, watched some Frankie & Grace on Netflix, then she went out around 10. I am cherishing these days for sure! It's pouring today, so we may see a movie and we are all going to one of her favorite restaurants for dinner tonight.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

BD, those family times .....well that's the good stuff.

Briar, I've been thinking that maybe since so much of the area around your mom's place has burned, the amount of dry brush etc. to fuel the fires will be lacking for it to get out of control around her place again. One can hope I guess.

Proper workout done and time to face the day. Happy Tuesday all.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Nothing special about the iced coffee Mark. All starts with freshly ground organic beans. Then brewed thru my Bunn, poured over ice. Topped off with a bit of organic whole milk. No sugars.

First rainy day here in what feels like all summer. Should be an interesting one with the trees.

Enjoy all!
Old 08-11-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Pouring rain here. Trying to decide what movie to see today. I'd love to see "Amy" (bio of Amy Winehouse) but it's so sad and dark. I could go for "Trainwreck" spoof on Rom Coms. Can't decide which cheesecake to make for DH's birthday on Friday. These should be my most difficult decisions, LOL. I am liking this staycation.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Trainwreck was lol funny, BD. I also want to see Amy. What a tragic story. And my vote is for cheesecake, plain and simple, no need for bells and whistles.

So much to comment on, but I gotta run. See yall at lunch.

Thinking of you Briar!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Oh wow, guys. I WISH I could capture the colour of the sky this morning. It's. ..... violent pink!!!!! Can't think of a better word to describe it! I NEVER felt moved by sunrises before I quit drinking. Never to this extent. I love getting up early to see it and to listen to the birds. It sets me up for the day.

As expected my little girl was pretty upset. She wanted to bury the fish so we had a little ceremony in the garden. We found a flat stone. She drew a picture. We placed flowers. My other half thought it was overkill but she has an elderly grandfather who is really quite sick. You guys understand don't you?

Completely understand. They need that comfort and closure.

My daughter was older when she lost her grandfather, my father. And, 2 month later, her beloved hamster. It was shortly after that she was treated for depression. It was all very difficult. She hurts so deeply when she does. We have a burial ground out back for the hamsters.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post

I understand completely. I have buried a 'beloved by a child' fish, also.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Mark - they actually are trying to guide the new fire into the other's "footprint" so it won't have fuel. I haven't seen the maps yet today, so not sure if it's working, but last night the wind was favoring that plan. Seriously, if my mom makes it through this one too, I'm taking her lucky ass gambling!