Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-04-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon!

Quick check in here. On day 3. My Wake Up light arrived today so excited to give it a go for work tomorrow. Have decided that in addition to getting sober I need to, in general, get my life together. It's been a bit of a disheveled mess. Unorganized, undisciplined. But I talked about this some time ago in relation to laziness.

ETA: Today is the first day I'm not feeling the side effects of the hangover.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I've Hit kind of a snag this afternoon, not feeling real good right now after a better morning. I didn't get much sleep last night. No thoughts of drinking, I guess this is just the ups and downs of early sobriety.

Daria, I'm on day 2 and still feeling a little hungover after a terrible yesterday. One of the worst hangovers I've had.

Let's keep going
Old 08-04-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I have been reading on this website for about a week now. I joined today. Thank you for all the shares into your private lives. It certainly helps to know I'm not alone. I am two weeks and one day sober today. It is hard for me to use the word "I" being that I am a wife of 20 years and have three kids. I am used to saying "we". But I got myself in this mess and am determined to make my life better. One day at a time and sometimes "one minute at a time".
Definitely feeling better. Abandonment, fear, anger, resentment, lack of self-esteem are all active issues I am dealing with so that I can stay sober. Above all I have to do this for me. Not anyone or anything else. Each day I get stronger and hope gets brighter.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I hope it's ok for me to join this class. I was a member of another one before but forgot which one.
This is a new day 1 for me and I'm soooo hungover. My AV tried to get me to the convenience store for a six-pack just so I would feel better. Kicked that to the curb. I know better!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I hope it's ok for me to join this class. I was a member of another one before but forgot which one.
This is a new day 1 for me and I'm soooo hungover. My AV tried to get me to the convenience store for a six-pack just so I would feel better. Kicked that to the curb. I know better!
Welcome BBG. Take a look at how quickly your "2 beers left in the fridge" yesterday turned into a massive hangover. Hope we can help you build a plan.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Jimuk!!! Hello friend!

I have been on this ride for 5 years now with several day 1's and several stages of denial. I only joined one other class (I think) and that was September 2012. Jimuk and I got lots of support from that group. I had my longest stretches when connected to them. I count 7 of our friends from that group who are still sober today. They are about to hit the 3 year mark!

Today is day 3. Watched the clock again last night, but I expected it and I'm ok with it. Enjoying coffee on the deck again this morning.

Jim, let's adjust our mindset and do this for the long haul. I really hope to be chatting with you in this class for years to come.

Hey Benice, I'm so pleased you are here and trying again, it's lovely you remember me. The class of September 12 was a great group, I can't believe it was so long ago. Well done on day 3. We can do this Benice

Welcome to everyone joining the August class.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Yep!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone getting through tuesday
Old 08-04-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SHG13 View Post
Day 2! I made it they last night. It sucked because I was hung over and exhausted all day, but it was good because my temptation to drink was low. I was just so exhausted. I think I am majorly sleep deprived right now. I think I need about 5 nights of decent sleep before I feel semi-normal again. I'm a bit concerned because this weekend I have several events that are potential triggers. It's a wedding weekend, and I have to go. Of course my AV thinks I should consider quitting drinking AFTER this weekend, but here's my thinking: there will ALWAYS be some event or occasion that will be a potential "drinking occasion." If you wait to stop drinking until you run out of those, you will never stop drinking. Second, I'm TIRED. I don't want to do this anymore. I just hope I feel the same way when the weekend comes.
You are right about there always an event coming up. I have been playing this game with myself for weeks... It doesn't work. If sobriety is the ultimate goal then we need to learn to participate in events sober right?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lynbee View Post
We can get through the weekend SHG. I think what will help me is posting here and focusing on my reasons for not wanting to drink (and the benefits of NOT drinking!). I seem to get weekend amnesia (starting Thursday night lately, ugh!) and forget the hell I went through post the previous weekend's drinking. This weekend, I want to sleep well, wake up clear and enjoy my two days off. I want to start work on Monday well-rested, with no regrets.
You sound exactly like me. It is exhausting going through the same routine every weekend and wasting the days away isn't it? I am looking forward to my vacation that starts tomorrow and actually getting something done for once instead of drinking.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hello Class

I am just dropping in from the August 2014 class to say hi. I am one year alcohol free today and joining a class on SR is one of the best things I have done.

My life has changed massively and sobriety is amazing for me now. I remember it being tough at first so reach out, unconditional support will be here in your class and elsewhere on SR. Take any outside opportunities you can to build a sober toolkit. Stay in the day, stay in the hour of you have to. If you don't drink just for today then you cannot get drunk today.

Love and best wishes to all! You can do it, there's a whole new change coming your way and trust me, stick with it you will love it.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I'm having a really, really tough day!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

What's going on BBG? Are you ok?
Old 08-04-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
What's going on BBG? Are you ok?
This is just my first day. It's just tough got the shakes and bit and anxiety has kicked. I'm wearing out the floor pacing from the computer room to the dining room and back!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I hate that feeling. It's the worst. Can you eat? That might help even though you probably don't want to.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I've nibbling a little. Not much though. I'm drinking gallons of water!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel like that. I've been there so many times. :-(
Old 08-04-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
I have been reading on this website for about a week now. I joined today. Thank you for all the shares into your private lives. It certainly helps to know I'm not alone. I am two weeks and one day sober today. It is hard for me to use the word "I" being that I am a wife of 20 years and have three kids. I am used to saying "we". But I got myself in this mess and am determined to make my life better. One day at a time and sometimes "one minute at a time".
Definitely feeling better. Abandonment, fear, anger, resentment, lack of self-esteem are all active issues I am dealing with so that I can stay sober. Above all I have to do this for me. Not anyone or anything else. Each day I get stronger and hope gets brighter.
Hi KeyofC! I am on day 15 too, also have 3 kids and have been married 15yrs. It is time to change for me! I am full of guilt and have no self esteem at the moment. I know I need to be a stable parent for my kids. You are right though, it needs to be done for me. I have self medicated stupidly with wine and have made a mess. Emotionally I am all over the place but one thing I know is that I must change. Nice to meet you!
Lilly
Old 08-04-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Me too B- , gotta eat a little if you can.
I'm sorry for that feeling. It's a stinker !
It's one of the first things my AV tries to help me forget : how bad I feel after binging.
Warm bath and some bubbles or Epsom salt, helps me to soak in to ease the nerves.
I'll be floating tonight, after in the sun all day today !
Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I t