Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It's day 2. I visited the gp and made an appointment for Friday. Also hit the gym.....hardest thing I ever forced myself to do but it keeps me away from the temptation. I don't have any support except this forum... Have told friends I am unavailable for the month of August. I so badly want to accomplish 31 days... Just need to stay focused and keep coming here.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Raggletaggle - this is day 2 for me, too. I, too, so badly want to accomplish this. I, too, have distanced myself from some friends for the month of August (and also September - my decision, although I haven't made any "proclamation" I am just going to do it). The friends I have distanced myself from are the ones who are drinkers, who I sometimes drink with, who know I have a big problem with alcohol, blah, blah, blah. I don't need that temptation right now.

That said, I need to watch the isolation. I have a plan for that. More later. For now I plan to keep coming here. Stay strong!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Today will be a struggle. I can already tell my husband wants to drink today and it's going to become an issue. He wants to drink every day and I'm kind of tired of it.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello. It's been a long time since I've been here so this isn't my first time trying to quit. PHRD was my name as it was Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day dec 7th 2013 the first time I tried to quit. I moderate well and then there are several times a month where my booze brain takes over and I drink way, way too much. One of my main problems is my husband drinks and I've used the excuse that I did
T know what would happen if I quit. He just agreed to do a 30 day detox with me and my plan is that on day 30 I'm going to tell him I've quit for good. It makes it so hard to quit when you live with someone who drinks. I have quit for a month a few time so I know I can do it without too many physical symptoms and make it the 30 days - but I need to remember that I have to quit and not tell me I can drink because I drink too often and too much and it's keeping me from being healthy and complete happy with myself. It's taking up too much time in my life trying to moderate. Thanks for listening!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful Sunday here in Missouri. Lemon water sure tastes good today!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 2 - took puppy to the dog park this morning. Fresh air and a.m. sunshine felt wonderful. No hangover felt pretty good too. Warm day here, bought a gallon of lemonade that will be chugged
Old 08-02-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

wishin everyone a pleasant sunday evening & a great start to the week for monday
Old 08-02-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

PHRD I am in the same boat as you...

Benice, I am in Missouri too. It is hot today!

:-)
Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Time to begin this journey again. Hello August 2nd.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

whoo hoo! my first challenge day was a success... had my fun social day with my neighbor,,, avoided the italian and mexican lunch places (due to habit alcohol consumption for many years when eating at these type establishments) and ate at Sweet Tomatoes and had a big huge salad and drank water with lemon. NO SUGAR - no ice cream or simple carb bread to trip me up since my alcohol addiction and sugar addiction feed each other... I can do this (today is my day 12)- We, the class of August 2015, can do this

Last edited by MeNewDay; 08-02-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello, new class! H and I are both nursing hangovers today. He just went to get us some greasy pizza. I went and got us some soda earlier. I wish I could bottle how terrible I feel right now and pull it out when I think having another drink is a good idea.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi everyone in August 2015. I, too, am joining. I see some familiar names from July. I had 25 days of sobriety in July, my first attempt at sobriety ever. I slipped up, though, and ended up drinking for a couple weeks. Last night I hit what I think must be my rock bottom...I tried to drive home drunk (ashamed and disgusted with myself), got my car stuck off a dead end, hurt my foot horrifically (awful bruising, pain is horrible, can't walk on it at all), lost my purse (which was incredibly luckily turned into the police station this morning), and had to call my boyfriend who got me, then biked to my car, unstuck it, drove it back, and fixed it today. I feel so, so, so horrible for all of it. I am amazed I didn't get in trouble with the law, and that no one besides myself got hurt. I am feeling borderline suicidal with the shame and regret and self-hate.

My boyfriend is amazing; he said he isn't angry, but just relieved I am okay. He has been so kind to me, and I don't feel I deserve it at all. I feel so awful.

After last night, I just CAN'T drink anymore. This has to be my last Day 1.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and embarking on this journey. I know it will be hard, but I will take that unquestioningly over a repeat of last night.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

We can do this Whiteturtle!!! I had events like that and worse in July!! I will be dealing with my poor choices for some time. Also, the injury thing, in my case, I could go on about😞. Let's get back on our feet and make this stick!! I became desperate enough to seek outside help about a week and a half ago and will in addition be looking into ladies AA. Also will stick close to this site and NO wine in the house. Let's do this! We don't need to feel like this ever again!! Welcome to everyone else and I look forward to getting to know you all and being on this journey of change together!!!

Last edited by LostLilly; 08-02-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 08-02-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

How is everyone's day going? I've literally laid on the couch all day and eaten junk food and drank soda. Going to try to get up for an hour or so and do something productive around the house before returning to my couch. Need to feel like my day wasn't an entire waste.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
How is everyone's day going? I've literally laid on the couch all day and eaten junk food and drank soda. Going to try to get up for an hour or so and do something productive around the house before returning to my couch. Need to feel like my day wasn't an entire waste.
this isn't technically medical advice but a recommendation ....research the connection btw sugar addiction and alcoholism... you mentioned consuming junk food and soda today, and you really want to quit drinking
.. for me personally, every time i tried to quit drinking... intake of food or drink with sugar content seemed to cause alcohol cravings and i fell back into the drinking pattern. in 2013 (went 8mo) and now (day 12) i have changed my diet completely and eating really healthy with zero sugar and no simple carbs and for now, even avoiding fruit ....I am finding the alcohol cravings much less aggressive with this approach...I am desperate to try anything at this point and it seems to be working for me...p.s. I am not diabetic or pre diabetic so that isn't an issue thank heavens!
Old 08-02-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

hello August class ! I am also from July class, and back on Day 2.

I too was a secret at home bottle or two of wine drinker, after work , before husband came home . Had secret stashes around the house for weekends so it looked like I drank just one bottle over the weekend rather than 4 plus! July was my first real attempt at sobriety and I learned sooo much from the July class, picked up some great tips and tools. have started SMART recovery, going to see an addiction counselor this week , and think I would have given up completely after relapsing if not for SR. Just knowing there a long term sober veterans here with multi Day 1s inspire me to keep trying.

I'm better prepared for August to stick with sobriety and am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Lily, Lovehoops, WT.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Joining the class

Hello fellow classmates - I am trying to kick am opiate habit, this is my first serious try after many years, I am trying to cut consumption first (taper) then stop, I started seriously addressing my problem about a week ago and I am down to about half of what I was doing for a long time and doing even better today than yesterday. Its great to have a group that understands to share this experience with, I know its one of the toughest things I have ever done but their is nothing I want as badly as being clean.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Another day. Exhausting. I had a hard time finding this thread today, not sure why. Day 3 is coming up. I called into work for tomorrow - Monday here in the US of A. I need the day to think.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi back, Sadie!

I am still feeling really awful about last night. So much shame... I am terrible at letting go of my mistakes or forgiving myself-really, really terrible at it. I have no idea how I will go on with my life with this hanging there.

The bruised skin on my foot has swelled. It hurts pretty badly still. I have had ice on it, and took some ibuprofen for the swelling. I am afraid it will be even worse when I wake up tomorrow. I don't think it needs medical attention; since it doesn't seem broken, I'm not sure what more a doctor could do for it. I hope it heals and isn't problematic forever.

I didn't eat very much today. I mostly drank Coke and nibbled on a soft taco and half of a left over cheeseburger. I have mostly been avoiding walking around the apartment because of the foot. It's almost 9pm here, so I am going to go to bed shortly. I am worried about going to work tomorrow; with my foot, I am afraid driving will be painful. I also hate the feeling of being at work when I hate myself so much. Socializing with my boss and coworkers will be rough since I did something so awful Saturday and will just have that playing through my head. I just realized I will need to come up with a story to explain my foot. Sigh.

I apologize for all the self-pity. I am a very anxious person, so the foot issue especially has me worrying, and the shame of last night is just hovering all around me.

I hope everyone had a good day today. Another sober day tomorrow, right?
Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Just checking in after a BBQ with neighbors and lots of beer. I feel good though and was looking forwArd to checking in on SR!
WT and Sadie....I'm so glad we all got back into august class. I can beat myself up over and over but it just makes me feel worse. Positive thinking is hard to do but usually works for me...as does sticking C Lose to SR.
Welcome to all of our class members. This forum has helped me so much in the past and I plan on staying close.

Have a safe and sober night all!!!