Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-05-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Little bit of a later check in as I had a busy morning but all is good. Happy hump day!!

I get to leave work early tonight as there is another tube strike, fun fun. But no drama, my new motto!

Have a great Wednesday peeps.

Rah, hope all is good. Baby steps vs the anxiety. All is will say is that counselling really helps me, I was so so nervous and even felt ashamed to be going but those guys really do put you at ease. Can you gather some strength and book it again? I think it would help you to add as many tools as you can. Like I said, go easy and baby steps x
Old 08-05-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Happy hump day TeamA!

Attitude of gratitude.

I am right where I need to be. At peace with my recovery path today. Feeling optimistic.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

(((Pink)))) that sounds frustrating! It sounds like you didnt let it get you down. Thats how we do it!

Rah - you are doing great-keep going. I agree with London, you have been through so much that it would do you good to talk to a counselor. You will feel so much better.

I have been listening to the song "Wave after wave" bu Mr. Probz whole duck diving. Helps me push through the tough emotions.

Love to all!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Congratulations London on 1year- fantastic achievement, well done!

That sounds a horrible ordeal Pink, so good that you handled it calmly.

Well done rah on day 10!

Had a productive week so far, hip still hurting but went to doctors and I've been referred to physio and told to get running insoles as it looks like Im leaning to one side on one leg when I walk- never noticed that, maybe its due to the drunken staggering over the years!! Doctor even called out 'keep up the good work!' referring to my six wks as it was then sobriety and it made me feel good.

Day 45 here now,

Haven't mentioned to ex about her brothers mate, decided to keep the peace and I don't want things to be awkward for my daughters especially this week with it being my eldests birthday Friday- speaking of which Ive spent a good few hours earlier assembling her bike that Ive bought her- 'easy to assemble' on the box, well it wasn't for me!! Got there in the end though!!!

Made a decision to have a fresh start sponsor wise in AA, without going into too much detail I've decided that a clean break and a clean slate is best for my recovery. Not going to be easy to tell him but after consulting others I feel its the right thing to do.....

Its strange and new territory for me in my drinking I'd never make positive decisions I'd just drink and hope others would make them for me and defer the responsibility, not seeing it as a negative step but a positive one and I need to follow my heart on this one.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey folks, all zen here today! Consultation period for my job officially ends today. In 2 weeks we find out which jobs we can apply for, and on Sept 1st which job I've got. Not letting this faze me. I am sober, and feel fabulous, and am more adaptable than ever, so I got this!

Hope you're all well. I'm being very British, and eating a trifle whilst watching the great British bake off! Lush!

No news, take care all xxx
Old 08-05-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Seems like everyone is doing well, staying on track, etc. Today is day 11! I am doing well. I've been walking everyday;,trying to watch what I eat and am making alcohol free plans for the weekend. Each weekend I get behind me will make me stronger. I think I have finally accepted that I can't drink at all. It's feeing in a way. Now I just need to build my sober muscles so I can resist and overcome the times I am tempted. Hang in there team!!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hey all

I am on the earliest train and could get to avoid the tube strike - lots of walking and coffee again today.

Good on you 1 step! You are doing great. Feels good to make decisions and not have to 'consult' King Alcohol right ?

Good luck Pink with all the consultation stuff, sure all will be good.

Shout outs to all.

Not smoking is paying off. I took a full 3 minutes off my best 5k run time last night! Wow. That's only 10 days as well, so who knows how fast I will go now I can train better.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!

Great work 1step! Keep on going man, you are breaking free and getting stronger every day.

Grateful, good job on duck diving, just let that wave pass on over, it will.

Awesome on the smoking London!

Rah, stick to your plan and don't listen to the av when the weekend comes my friend.

Fantastic attitude with the job pink. Amazing what a difference being calm and anxiety free can make huh? You got this girl!

Ultra, Choobie and rest of the team, have a kick ass day!

"Poor is the person whose pleasure depends on the permission of others."
Old 08-06-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Just a quick check-in - having such a great summer!!

1Step and Rah, you are doing great.

Pink, good luck. If you could get through that traffic jam without screaming, my hat is off to you!

Hello to everyone else.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey scooter, forgot you this morning! Moving too fast!! Have a kick ass day!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Let's stay strong!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

1 Year Check-In !

Good sober day Team A !!

It's been too long but I just wanted to stop in and say I am stone cold sober and loving life this way and all the positive things it brings back into my life !!

I wanted to congratulate all of you who are reaching 1 YEAR and and other milestones along the way !!

I will never ever forget this team is what got me thru the toughest of times (the first 3 months).

I love you all !! -Cali Chris
Old 08-06-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good words guys!

Hey chris! Good to see you, glad you're doing good my friend!

London, hope the strike hasn't been too awkward. Thinking of you! Ooooh have you tried the mint frappe at Nero s? It's soooooo good! Thought of you when I got one today ?de0a

No news here, treading water and enjoying the view. The sun is out, my smile is on, life is good ?de0a we got this guys, day by day we are totally doing this! Hugh five team a! Xxx
Old 08-06-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I didn't do very good these past several weeks. Good days and bad days. Often, the 'good day' would be a hang over, that I didn't try to 'fix' by more drinking.

I am really struggling, gang, and I have got to figure something out. There ARE plenty of times I can go out and 'socially drink' at work functions or whatnot. My struggles/my demon is when I am home alone (a lot lately- my wife travels a lot not), and I just decide '**** it', and go grab a bottle. and drinnk the whole thing (usually while playing video games).

I can't do AA, so this is about as close (here) to 'A Program' as I have. you all are stuck with me though.

Today.../sigh.... is (another) Day 1.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Oh- and It just occurred to me that my 1 year sobriety date WOULD have been in 4 days... I made it 5.5 months. Haven't gone a few week since. I am, genuinely, worried I am going to end up in a damn detox center on what SHOULD be my 1 year sober date. Instead, I am see myself spending it (ashamed and utterly depressed) in a detox.

God, literally, I need help. Jesus, please help me- I pray.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

On a happier note- I could not be happier than to see SO MANY of you all hitting 1 year, day after day this month! (HUGS) to all those that made it.

And to the folks like me, I am glad we are still here, and still trying. (I feel like I am trying and failing, but I am still trying.)
Old 08-06-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
ph7

Hi all,

Thought I'd better come back and celebrate my anniversary with you, because it's YOU guys who are people that I have felt accountable to and without your support I very much doubt I would of got this far on my journey.

I know I haven't posted here much but I do visit regularly however my daily visits to SR are usually to the newcomers daily support thread as thats the forum I get taken straight to on my mobile phone browser and I don't wish to change that. It gives me a constant reminder of how bad things can be and how I do not wish to have another Day One again.

I had my last drink on 6th August 2014 and I'm bloody delighted with myself

I can actually understand the quote "What a difference a year makes".

I was in a pub all day yesterday, a wake after the funeral for a close friends father of which I know the family and their friends well. I didn't drink and the thought of wanting one never crossed my mind. Loads of tins of fizzy Orange and a few J2O's was fine for me.

Some of my good mates know I no longer drink and not one of them or others pushed to say go on have a pint etc. Instead it was a lot of "Fair play to ya" / "dunno how you do it" / "You must be a saint" comments. There an odd stare from a few others as can after can of Club Orange arrived at the table for me.
I was up all night with me mates as they went back to one of my friends flats for a few more tinnies, a smoke, and I see a few still powder their nose from time to time.
I was happy enough in the environment chatting and having a good old laugh like old times, but no mind altering substances required for me to have fun .

So how am I?

I'm ok, just getting on with life on life's terms - I have the odd down day, but now know thats usually coz I'm tired (due to shift work).
I get grumpy sometimes but thats OK coz thats a natural emotion and I can usually get out of it quite quickly when I question why I'm feeling that way and thinking positively after.
It took me around 9-10 months before I became fully comfortable with who I am and being a non-drinker. There are some adjustments I'd like to make which will come with life experience and time in my new found freedom.

What now?
Continue and try to remember a day at a time.

Thankyou again everyone for your support.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Chris! Congratulations on one year in advance!

PH7- Fantastic! One year in the books. Thanks for checking in! Motivational speaker Zig Ziglar always talked about embracing life on life's terms. Love it.

Hobbers- I sent you a pm asking you to pop in prior to realizing you'd done so already. The fact that you made it 5.5 months demonstrates you have it within you to overcome this. The fact that you haven't given up demonstrates grit. Keep posting!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Checking in day 12!! Feeling good but tired today.

Hobbers, don't give up. I know it's hard. I fallen, gotten back, fallen and gotten back up so many times I can't even count. I want this time to be different. I want celebrate my year anniversary next year! You can too!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hi ph7 - great to see you! I love all the things you wrote and congratulations on 1 year. Woo-hoo!

Great to see you too Chris. Glad you are doing good.

Don't give up Hobbers. Keep going. To get to 5.5 months is great so you sure had some things in your toolkit that helped you get there. What's working and what's not? Can you add some extra things to your toolbox as well as SR? You can do it!

Doing great Rah! Hoping your anxiety is reducing. That used to be a constant battle for me (medicated by booze) and slowly slowly it got 100 fold better being alcohol free.

Yum yum Pink. I haven't been in Neros for a while as I got well into my Starbucks loyalty card. Mint frappe - lush! I am due a sugar treat today as its a running rest day and I have stuck to diet and exercise plan all week :-)

Hi to everyone else! I still love reading at lunchtime when I see the USA wake up - gives me a nice boost

Have a great Friday all