Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-03-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Choobie

1 step I'm sorry for your pain - I hope the doctor can help.

I'm sorry for your emotional pain too. I can opnly imagine how hard that must be for you.

The only thing I can say is it's in your best interests and your kids best interests, for you to be sober and and available to be their rock if anything goes awry, you know?

D
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Here we go into another week, clear headed and no regrets. Priceless. Attitude of gratitude.

"A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener. So our prospects brighten on the influx of better thoughts." Thoreau.

In it to win it.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Feeling so much today than last week. Today is day 9. Great weekend alcohol free looking forward to the week. Have a great Monday all!!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all, London, your 24 hour countdown is on! Tick took baby! Woah! I'm so excited for you!

No news here. I'm feeling retro and have got my wii out for a little body magic tonight.

Hope you're all well xxx
Old 08-03-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Rah, I am very happy for you - it is so good to hear you are feeling better.

After I read London's post about enjoying the summer, I thought how I have really appreciated this summer because of the horrible, miserable winter weather we had. Then it hit me!! I am ENJOYING summer because it is my first in many, many years that I am not dealing with drinking, hiding drinks, worrying if others can tell I am drinking too fast and/or too much, worrying if I am slurring my words, cancelling plans at the last minute because I was too hungover. What a difference!

Greetings to one and all - looking forward to London's day tomorrow!!!

Let's keep on keeping on!!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Checking in! Day 9! Felt a lot better today. Went to work; went for a half hour walk; my husband and granddaughter met me for picnic lunch on my lunch break; and went for a swim with my granddaughter after dinner. I feel like I'm treading water.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Awesome, Rah! Keep it up! The farther that last drink gets from you, the better things get.

London, keep up the good work on the smokes. I used to smoke almost two packs a day, and I swore up and down that I loved it. I don't miss it at all-it's a totally foreign concept now.

No news here. Made it through another Monday, new classes started today.

Scooter-it's amazing how much we had to manage that drinking! I feel so free now that it's gone. So much needless managing. I think it's reminiscent of just hopping in the car to go to the grocery store without the scraping, shoveling, parka bundling, and boot shoving. So much easier to grab my keys, wallet, step into flip flops and walk out the door. No hangovers to lie about, drinks to hide, or careful diction. We can just be wherever we are with integrity. Love it!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hey all

Wow, it's a year today alcohol free! Feels great to say that.

So happy with the changes that have happened to me. A year ago was the most horrendous time of my life and I wondered how I was going to find a way out. I didn't want to carry on. Not like that today.

Thanks for all the support team A to carry me through. I love the comment by Choobie above about the further away from a drink you are the better it gets.

I will celebrate one year with a meal tonight with my partner after my counselling

I will keep going with my plan and posting daily here because I love the support and I know it works

Have a lovely day all. I can't wait to celebrate some August milestones with you all too !!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Congratulations London, that is some achievement!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday!

Today is your day London, congrats man!!! Big high five dude, well done.

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day." Michael Landon.

Have some fun no matter what today team.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Great stuff London! Congratulations!

If spent some time reading some August 2015 posts. It definitely provides some clarity and perspective to this part of our journey as compared to one year ago.

Let's keep doing the right things!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

1 year!

Great, excellent work, London! Woooohooooo!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS, London!!!! You did it!!! And, will continue.

I, too, like Choobie's "the further that last drink gets from you, the better you feel. " That is so, so true.

Rah, soon the treading water will change to a fast breaststroke as you continue to enjoy life more and more.

Ultra, I haven't yet read any August 2015 posts, but will when I have time. I am sure it brings back memories. I plan to post on their thread on my anniversary.

Greetings to everyone else.

Have a great day and smile for London, the first of us to make it to ONE YEAR ! !
Old 08-04-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

London baby!!!!!
Actually have tears of pride today that you have one year today. It. Proves it is possible, it's totally possible! Gives me hope and inspiration that in 24 days I might be able to say the same! I'm so proud of you, thank you for your daily posts and all your support, you totally own this day! We are all celebrating you today London :-)

On the poo side, I am stuck on the a1 southbound as there has been a lorry fire. I have been sat here since 7.30 am and now it's 1.25! Bugger! Totally would have sent me over the edge last year. Not this year! Woop! Xx
Old 08-04-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Conratulations on an amazing 1 year London! Top drawer! I am so incredibly proud of you! I am also so happy that you are enjoying your life now. You inspire me - because of you I have hope that I can also achieve a year and more. You have also inspired me to travel more. I am so grateful to have you as a friend on TeamA.

Love xx

Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Wow thanks Team A for the wonderful posts and messages of support!

Means a huge amount to me.

I am looking forward to celebrating through the month with you guys and any other milestones too.

I just got home so decided to relax and make a home cooked meal. I love preparing good dinners now. I used to hate it as it sapped drinking time. I am making Mexican spiced chicken with avocado and sweet potato salad, yum yum. Very happy with that and my one year celebration!

Love to all. Let's keep posting!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Congrats London!! Awesome!!

Checking in day 10!! Feeling good. I am still dealing with anxiety. I cancelled my counseling appt. the anxiety was too much for me. Me and now my husband realize I just can't drink anymore. That's a change. I think it will help. I just hope my husband will be there when I am faced with temptation. I need all the help I can get.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Pink, u were stuck in ur car for over 5 hours?
Old 08-05-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Yes rahh, the motorway had to be closed as 2 lorries caught fire. I was travelling about 30 cars behind. It needs re tarmac king. It was horrendous. Tail backs for 20 miles before they finally closed the road. Then began the process of reversing back to the slip road. Motorway still closed. I was stuck for,6 hours in the end! It was a nightmare to say the least! Xxx
Old 08-05-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Happy hump day guys!

Who, pink that sounds like quite the ordeal! Were you able to be cool and stay in a zen place? I bet you were and I bet a lot of people there were completely losing it. Glad you are safe, that's what counts.

Got to get going, check n today and testify folks!

"We consume our tomorrow's fretting about our yesterdays." Perseus