Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-04-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Tired of me, twilight sober. Oh no! Lol stay strong!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I'm on day 5. In dangerous waters here. No work, don't even have to drive anywhere (not that that stopped me before) The only thing stopping me is my will not to. I feel strong now but we all know that can change in an instant.

Plan for today is hitting the pool with the kids again and get ready for a garage sale.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I will not drink today. That's all I can do.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I will not drink today. That's all I can do.
That's exactly how I made it through the first 6 months. I told myself I'll stay sober today, and if I still have the same craving when I wake up tomorrow I'll revisit it. I never had the same craving in the morning....
Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

^^^^ What Linnie said.

You guys are doing great. Hang in there. I will not drink now, I will not drink today. Baby steps.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by mayg View Post
Goodluck tonight Comeback88.
I spoke to a friend today on the phone and told her I was on wagon and she's joining me and we're ringing each other daily so that is good. I'll take all the support I can get. Climbed the walls this afternoon, just normal stuff but the type of stuff that makes me think I've earned a wine this evening. And then I stopped and thought, err why? I went shopping for a couple of bits and it was a *relief* to walk past the booze and think I don't have to go in. I'm sure guy who serves there saw me park my car and nudged to the new girl or whoever, here she comes. Sometimes I pretend I'm reading from a shopping list. Sometimes when he asks if I want a bag I say yes but I'll take the cigarettes for me and put them in my handbag. As if there is someone else drinking all this stuff!! I think you are all amazing for giving this such a go and thank you for all the support. I have found I can get the app on my phone but I'm not sure how to work it but it will be good to have when I'm out. Mayg
Tonight??? Nono..I made it through the day..I went to the seaside.and instead of ending on a terras with a wine I layed a while on the beach I Had a delicious meal and came back Sober..Anyhow I thought of you all sometimes..If They can do it I can do it too..and I did it..
Old 06-04-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I'm on day 5. In dangerous waters here. No work, don't even have to drive anywhere (not that that stopped me before) The only thing stopping me is my will not to. I feel strong now but we all know that can change in an instant.

Plan for today is hitting the pool with the kids again and get ready for a garage sale.
Just think! Tomorrow will be a better day because you didn't drink today. And tonight will be better, because you will be able to remember it tomorrow.

Have fun relaxing at the pool!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Hardest day so far for me. Only day 4. Lots of agrivating things going on and this little voice in my head assures me that I would feel much better about everything if I had a glass or 3 of wine. I know that's a terrible idea, but on the other hand I keep telling myself I haven't had anything to drink in 4 days, so what would one day drinking hurt? Maybe I can drink twice a week and that is all.. Really worried, hope I can stay strong tonight. Don't feel very confident...
Old 06-04-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm a little aggrivated myself, but we should be able to cope without, we are here because we cant. No wine tonight ... ok?
Old 06-04-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Done it yay lots of soft drinks and KFC but no alcohol long night I did get a bit grumpy but still feeling exhausted all in all it was not so bad glad to be tucked up in bed sober though and not signed up to anything I will regret tomorrow .

Stay strong June class looking forward to waking up tomorrow hangover free
Old 06-04-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hi June...
I'm rolling in with another Day 1. Last night something very weird and unsettling happened as the result of my drinking and I'm really determined to stick with it this time. I'm going to a lovely women's meeting tonight that will be outdoors and I just made a bunch of reminders and helpful hints to stay sober to put in places I can see them everyday. I am so grateful for all the help and unconditional love I'm getting lately. Take care all, have a peaceful and safe day.

Ringthedoorbell I have the exact same problem as you do. You can make it through and you'll feel amazing tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Linnie and soberella

Remember there is always so much support here guys - use it

If you never want to drink again, you don't have to

D
Old 06-04-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Day four

Hello everyone! I am on day four of no alcohol. I have been drinking vodka, pretty much everyday, for past six years. I have tried to stop many times before but I am determined this time around. Feeling good, just craving sweets like crazy, lol. Has anyone else experienced that? I had a few periods of extreme craving, just had to remember how terrible I would feel tomorrow, both physically and emotionally. I am off work this weekend, I am making plans to stay busy. I will be on this site, that is for sure! Getting on this site really gives me hope and helps me realize I am not alone. Thank you all!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good luck all.
Aislin, that is so hard but I hope you get yourself to bed sober tonight. Maybe watch him get a bit pissed and think that's not for me. Just keep posting. It does help and keeps you on track. It is Friday here and I'm on Day 7 and, again, mad dreams, but nice to wake up and not have succumbed. One thing I did notice, my youngest was being very difficult and just your typical moody stuff and but (and this is not my AV speaking ((I don't think)) I would blame everything on the wine I'd had the next day. I'm not saying that hasn't caused a whole lot, what I am saying was it was nice to wake up and instead of guilt, guilt, guilt I just knew there was no booze involved, just a mood. They pass. I think when drinking most of my morning are taken up worrying if I said the wrong thing etc. Clarity (albeit shaky) is a nice thing to have. Very best wishes to all. Mayg
Old 06-04-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post

Checking in for first day of my training. I will stay sober today, no matter what happens.
Good luck with it Jazzfish. I am very impressed with the plans you made and hope you enjoy your Subways and waking up without a hangover.
Stay strong. Mayg
Old 06-04-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Comeback88 View Post
Tonight??? Nono..I made it through the day..
I am in oz so I get mixed up with days and nights and assumed you were out for a night. Very glad you made it through the day. Well done. Mayg
Old 06-04-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Mac and cheese, turkey BLT and got lots of coffee, soda and water around. Feeling amazing. Keep thinking wine would be great, but no way! I'm not going to feel good tomorrow, so there's no point. I have coffee and soda and water, so those are good for me.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Night all. Nice to be actually tired and not flopping in to the bed drunk.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Back to morning of day 1. Damn! Two mistakes:

1.) Smaller one, but woke up groggy yesterday, so had some coffee. I know full well not to replace one artificial high (alcohol) with another (coffee).

2.) I knew full well I shouldn't stay inside during early evening, and even said that in this post I made yesterday morning. I ended up getting my head into work though, and was getting a good amount done for the first time in months, which I really need to do now, so I decided to stick it out at home and continue working. Bad idea. My work is fairly mentally intensive, so after so many hours your mind somewhat goes numb on you, and... yeah...

It was only a few drinks, and not even really enough to get drunk, and definitely not a hangover, but nonetheless. Not very happy about it. Back on the wagon, and day 1 for me again.

On a good note, I bought a 1L bottle of whiskey and am going to give 95% of it away. I'll give it to the mechanics shop around the corner, as they'll appreciate it. This could get quite expensive if I have to buy 1L bottles of whiskey every time I break down for a couple drinks.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Greetings and salutations, I'm back on SR after a long hiatus; at my pinnacle, I was off the booze 8 months. I've learned a lot since my last slip and look forward to taking this journey with you all again. I'm going to keep it short and sweet tonight, as day 2 of sobriety involved an 11 hour work day and horrible DTs. See you in the morning my new soberians.