Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post

Thank you.. although I spoke too soon. It has suddenly hit me just how alone I am in life.. Was happy this morning, now i'm bawling my eyes out. It's amazing how an empty house and lack of human contact feels so different when sober. I'm not sure I like it
Billy I feel alone a lot too, good news is this is a turning point in your life. You can keep booze as your sole friend or get out there a meet new people.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

OK thanks, I'm gonna go home.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi I'm home. I'm obsessing over whether or not I locked up properly. I need to go back and check.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Ring & Troy,

I see it as a triumph kinda...You were able to say no more even with the taste of it in your mouths. You came right back. Each time I go back it's zero to 12 pack. Kudos!
Keep trying!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Hi I'm home. I'm obsessing over whether or not I locked up properly. I need to go back and check.
That sucks ER. Are you still feeling like drinking? Has it passed at least a little?
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Gonna eat something first
Old 06-05-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

No hasn't passed yet
Old 06-05-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Evening all, not sure if you're aware, but perhaps you guys would like to join the stay sober bus for the weekend. Loads of fun.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

After today it'll be a week. I've been sleeping an obscene amount of hours (13 the past two nights), figure I'm catching up from working overnights + healing from binging on alcohol.

Drinking lots of tea. Eating healthy. Getting outside. Stay sober today June!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Billy emotions are all wild for a time after stopping drinking. Keep posting ! We are here!
ER, great job getting home without beer !!! I really hate reading "this will pass" because I'm just weird like that.
That crap will go away !!!! It'll get easier, but it'll never be cake. It's a chance at living a new life free of a bondage though.
That's worth everything to me.
Again....
Keep posting !
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
No hasn't passed yet
Good call, eat something and chill before you go back out to check.
  # 312 (permalink)  

Blackbird I'm so jealous of your sleep !!!! Raaaaahr
Haha
Old 06-05-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Blackbird I'm so jealous of your sleep !!!! Raaaaahr
Haha
Lol sorry. If it helps on Sunday I'm back to the night shift grind. I'll have to kiss sleep goodbye.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Stay strong Easy rider eating something first is a great idea and can you go with no money ?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I should have done that, but part of me made sure I had my wallet. Gonna have a snooze now.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I am in ... Day1 again for me
Old 06-05-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Day one again for me too Goodstart.
Let's stay focused on our goal this time and
Get through this one day at a time.
Here we are on Friday with the weekend looming...always a danger zone for me.
Fingers and toes crossed that I can stay committed..
Best of luck to you on your journey.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

After a few hours of sleep, guess I'm checking in for the start of day 2 (again )

Didn't do much yesterday. Lounged around, bit of yard work, played with the dogs, got a little work done, etc. Gave the bottle of whiskey to the mechanic shop, and they were pretty dumbfounded as to what was happening. "What? Why wouldn't you drink anymore?!?!".

Started thundering here at 5pm, which killed any plans to go into town for the evening. Thunder terrifies my dogs, so I know they'd just howl like crazy until either I got back or the thunder stopped.

Decided I needed to do something different though, so myself and the dogs cooked up some Thai BBQ in the yard. Haven't had it in ages, as it's something you generally eat with 4+ people, but missed it. You get these guys:

Start a small fire in the clay oven using charcoal, and metal thing goes on top. Broth goes in the side, which you cook all your veggies, shrimp and seafood in. Then you have some thinly sliced and seasoned slices of various meats (chicken, beef, pork, etc.) which you cook on the top. Then you just pick off the food bit by bit once it's cooked, dip it in hot sauce, and tastes delicous. The dogs loved it too, and got tons of slices of meat out of it.

I have to start finding something else to do in life, as all my errands and cleaning are done now, and all I have left is work. Need to get loads done, but that requires sitting at home, which isn't a good thing. I know the language enough to get around, but not enough to have an easy flowing, fluent conversation.

Then I'm not exactly in a sprawling metropolis here, and to be honest, this city is a bit of a dump. Don't really want to setup a life again here either, as not planning to stay long. Just waiting to kick the bottle, get my act together, then myself and the dogs are moving to Uruguay. I'll do some research, and try to find some type of volunteer projects I can get involved with, or something.

Anyway, on to day 2 we go.

SansaS, kudos on your dinner, and not caving into alcohol.

mayg, congrats on beating the cravings both time going to the shops. Stay strong, and it sounds like you're doing awesome!

tiredofme, keep the good fight going. I'm with you on the camera thing. I'm one of those weird guys who places a piece of electric tape over his web cam, lol. Then again, I also know how easy it is to pop into someone else's computer, and turn their web cam on.

JL, hope you manage to get some sleep soon. Totally agree, there's a whole lot of "us" out there, but most will never see it as a problem. Heck, one of my sister-in-law's every 3rd post on FB has to do about wine.

Billynomates, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. We're in the same boat, I've totally isolated myself in life, and am in a foreign country to boot. I have my dogs, and they love me, but they don't make the greatest conversationalists. Can definitely get rough at times, especially early evenings for me at least. Hang there, it will be worth it once you begin rebuilding a new sober life and start meeting some new people.

Easyrider, sounds like the cravings are pretty rough on you, and congrats on being able to knock them back down.

Blackbird, sounds like you're doing awesome! Sounds like your body is getting some much needed sleep it was craving.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Goodstart

just a reminder to all how valuable this link is:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Hope you got through ok ER.

D
Old 06-05-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good morning junebugs. Waking up on day 7 without a hangover. Let's keep this good thing going and keep checking in all weekend.