Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 4)

Old 05-31-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2015 (Part 4)

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-21.html

Like I said in the last thread, you guys will graduate to the Daily Support forum in a few hours, to make way for a new Class of June 2015 here

You all stay together - nothing else changes, but the location of the thread

D
Old 05-31-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Casey said I care too guys. We;re all in this together

welcome Wilderness Voice and anyone I may have missed. I've had a busy (good) weekend

D
Old 05-31-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm fine. Eating junk food but if that gets me past this tough patch, it's worth it. Sandy, that's a really cool story about the other foreigner showing up just at the right time and saying he doesn't drink. I don't know what the Celestine Prophecy is but I googled it and found a free pdf! Added it to my list of things to read.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone. That's what SR is good for. Being of help to others when they are feeling weak and receiving help when we need it too. Quite a blessing.

Goodnight, everyone. Tomorrow I lower the boom on the landlady. Maybe once that is taken care of, I can move past this and break through to the other side of this.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My post got moved over here without my doing it so this isn't necessary.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Agag wrote:

Agreed - took me many, many tries, many, many relapses to get to this point - just see my first post on this thread (Literally the first post, on Page 1) for the state I was in this time last month!

This is, word for word, what I wrote on Post two of the first page of Class of May 2015, Part One:

"Checking in for Day One. Head's cleared from previous relapse the night before last, just managed to take some food after not eating for over 24 hours.

Feeling pretty determined to do this one, especially after how well I've done over the past few months. Birthday's June 25th, hoping I can celebrate 31st having had nearly 2 full months sober."

And this is the thread I started after having a huge relapse after Songkran (Thai new year). This is where I've come from, to where I am now:

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com (I was doing well - then I ****** up big time.)

Can be done.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You got in before I closed the old thread Cissy. I figured it was better here in the new thread.

D
Old 05-31-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi All, I have six days sober today. The cravings haven't been too intense today. They were worse Friday & Saturday. I credit this site to helping me fight through them. I am so grateful to have found you guys :-)
Old 05-31-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 10 . See lots of new people which is great. I haven't quite figured out how to track everybody's progress, but I'm starting to recognize voices and names.

I had to go out of town for the weekend to visit/help family. Triggers everywhere, but I didn't drink. Now I'm back home and emotionally and physically exhausted. The wine-as-reward habit is going to be the hardest for me to break. I'm sitting here thinking how much I deserve that glass (or two or three). I'm trying to turn it around to how much I deserve NOT to have those glasses.... but my AV isn't buying it. So I'm checking in here, making myself a soda and lime, and waiting for this round of cravings to pass.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its 7am on June 1st here - one sober month behind me, looking forward to joining Class of June
Old 05-31-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the Class of May 2015, live4luv! We've got a great group and you've just made us stronger. Check in often please!

AGA -- hope you'll still stick with this Class of May as we move into the new month. I learn a lot from your daily check ins and you have definitely helped me with my recovery.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by AGAGONNHOJ View Post
Its 7am on June 1st here - one sober month behind me, looking forward to joining Class of June
Oh, you can still post in this thread over in Daily Support, the class of June is for the people getting clean and sober in the month of June. You already have a month sober - congrats!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Way to go Cissy!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just Checking in on Day 20 here! I feel like tomorrow we're "graduating" to a new page! Hope everyone's having a great weekend, and here's to an even better week on our new page! (I'm such a dork)
Old 05-31-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Having a bad morning. Only on day 2, so this is still all very new to me. Still hungover from sat night and feeling so down. I never ever want to feel like this again. Thank you for all your support. This place is holding me up right now, even though I'm so new. I made s mistake this morning and told someone something that another friend had told me in confidence. It was a major slip up. I just feel like my brain is mush, and I can't remember her telling me not to tell anyone. My friend is very upset with me, and once again, I feel guilty and stupid. I want to get off this roller coaster ride.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Whoa! Whole new thread! Thanks Dee!

I'm leaving tomorrow to go visit family and I was slammed all day today (in a great, productive, learning way) so I'm WAY behind but wanted to check in. I'll try and catch up tomorrow at the airport!

Cissy, glad you're hanging in there. I've been pretty healthy but junk food seems to get me trough rough cravings and I totally fine with that! Whatever works!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your graduation guys

D
Old 05-31-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, don't congratulate me just yet. I have to confess something. Kind of a humorous story though.

I actually got dressed and drove down to the liquor store, intending to buy a six-pack of ice cold light beer. I pulled into the parking lot and parked next to two other cars that were there. Got out of the car and walked up the ramp to the door. Gave the door a tug and it was locked. Peered inside and it was dark. Started walking back to the car and was thinking, "I wonder why they're closed. Maybe there was a death in the family or something." Then I turn around and read this big banner with their hours of operation and realized today was Sunday. They close at 5. No booze sold in the state after 5 on Sunday. I found that to be very amusing and busted out laughing as I went to get back in the car. I felt I deserved that outcome and that God was snickering.

So I went to the store and bought more junk food and have been home eating it all evening. See? Don't say WTG Cissy cause I came "this close" to blowing it tonight.

Here's the other part of the funny story. Cissy (the dog) had been in agony for several hours this afternoon during a long-lasting thunderstorm. I had medicated her in time but it was like I had given her nothing. I was cleaning and she was always underfoot. Panting, shaking, drooling, hiding, the whole bit.

After I went to the store and came home and ate some cheese balls, things had settled down and she was finally sleeping. She had to have been exhausted. So I'm walking into the kitchen and she follows me. I say, "See? The storm didn't get you. You're still alive. When are you going to get it? Don't you feel foolish?" And then it was as if God held up a great big mirror and said, "LOOK WHO'S TALKING!" I immediately got the message and told my dog I was sorry.

Day 25 in the bag, by the grace of God.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations AGA ( but I call you John!). A month is a huge achievement. Well done you. At the moment my goal is to get to day 5!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well done cissy. You came close but didn't do it. Love the story with the dog. Looks like I'll have to start stocking up on some junk food to get me through.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Cissy, that was a close call! What pushed you so hard that you were going to buy beer? Don't give up now. You've come so far!