Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I did the clinking walk of shame with 3 bags of bottles today. Took them to my car and then to the bottle bank. But I won't be back- that's the last time.

Discovered another side-effect of my drinking today. My dentist advised me I have the early signs of gum disease. I didn' t mention that I have staggered to bed nearly every night for the last few years, teeth unbrushed.

Another reason to quit added to the list. Wishing everyone the best.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Did the same earlier Carly, stuffed god knows how many empties into the recycling bin and wheeled it to the bottom of drive ready for collection in morning, horrible job but least they're all out of my sight now!

Only an hour off midnight now so nearly end of day2, had some nice texts of support from recovery friends and then a horrible one from the other side trying to drag me back to the drinking.

Thinking of getting a new number, my original slip over a month ago was associated with a worrying text from this same person and they later admitted- once I'd slipped that it was all lies designed to get me to stop me being 'boring and sober' and back out to the pubs. Some people are evil. Have to just ignore drunken texts until I get a new number, Im anxious enough without all this!!

Hoping I can get some sleep tonight, always struggle for first few nights.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hope everyone got through the day/night ok, best wishes, keep strong.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

That must be so hard 1stepup, to have friends and or family members trying to encourage you to drink. I am a solo drinker these days so I can't blame anyone for my relapses, on the other hand I don't tell anyone of my struggles so I don't have anyone in my real life as support, just sr. Glad you made it through the night, keep it going.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Thinking of getting a new number, my original slip over a month ago was associated with a worrying text from this same person and they later admitted- once I'd slipped that it was all lies designed to get me to stop me being 'boring and sober' and back out to the pubs.
Did you get angry at him for it, once you found out it was all lies? I don't know, but if someone did that to me, I would have been livid. I respect other's decisions, and expect the same courtesy in return.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Thinking of getting a new number, my original slip over a month ago was associated with a worrying text from this same person and they later admitted- once I'd slipped that it was all lies designed to get me to stop me being 'boring and sober' and back out to the pubs. Some people are evil. Have to just ignore drunken texts until I get a new number, Im anxious enough without all this!!
A phone number is not a bad idea at all. New life, new control over who I want contacting me. I didn't go the new phone route this time but I will say that one of the absolute BEST decisions I made in my first week was to delete my Facebook account. And I mean, I FULLY deleted it. Found a program that went through and deleted all my old posts and pictures and comments. So there's no way I can get drunk later and decide to log back in and everything is just like I left it. It's been one of the most freeing decisions I've made so far in recovery and all that time I used to waste on there has been diverted to SR. Much much healthier for me than keeping up with all my old drinking buddies on FB.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Count me in too. Joined the December 2014 class and lasted 13 days. Last drink was around midnight last night (at least I think so, but I was blacked out so who the hell knows). It's strange, every time I've wanted to quit in the past was because I did something idiotic or dangerous or was horrible to someone. Last night everything was completely fine, but today I woke up, not even hungover (somehow), and just thought, "I don't want to do this anymore." So here we go. Good luck everybody.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Welcome to the June class saudades. All the best!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Yeah I was hurt more than angry Troy, the said person knew I have a serious drinking problem to put it mildly, when I did see them I told them that Id had 3months of sobriety until that day, but I chose to drink on it, must admit I do have stages of being angry about it but that was just one of many factors in a horrible few days that led up to the relapse.

Definitely agree Casey, I should have got a new number before the last stretch of sobriety and Id have never have received the text but lesson learnt I need to be more ruthless with who I choose to have contact with in my recovery life.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
on the other hand I don't tell anyone of my struggles so I don't have anyone in my real life as support, just sr. Glad you made it through the night, keep it going.
Maybe this is something you need to change? Honesty is very freeing and has been an important step in my recovery.

Plus I know I didn't hide my drinking problems anywhere close to as well as I thought I did so it was not as big a shocker to people in my life when I did come clean as I had imagined in my mind.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

So good to see we are growing.
I think the support here is good and just that knowing you can check in helps me.
This is the second time I have got to double digits, days wise. I've got a lot of mess to sort out (mainly from drinking). I have, over the last couple of days, found that this shocking anxiety that lives in my chest constantly and is why everything and ( I mean anything remotely annoying) has me reach for a drink, has subsided. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of crap to sort out but I can say that for the first time in a decade I am not in a state of constant panic. I can see that it is the drink and then we douse it/feed it with a drink. I am starting to think that my panic is more a physical thing than a mental one and I have never put enough space between the two to see that. I don't know if that makes sense.
Good luck to all
Mayg
Old 06-08-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi June Gang
Im here !!
Thanks to Troy for letting me know of this.
on Evening one
Old 06-08-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

I think I'm going to have to join you guys after slowly failing out
of the wonderful January group. Oh, that felt good to write!

I keep doing well for a couple of months and then get complacent,
and before long I'm embarrassing myself again. I just can't seem to
moderate, at least not for more than a couple of days in a row. And
when I don't drink almost everything gets better - sleep, mood, work,
appearance, kids, driving, loving - so what's not to love? SO said this
AM: so why not just a sex addict, it's better than most other
addictions! I think she's right . . .

So HELLO!
Old 06-08-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome, to all the new members of the class or those returning to it
This really can be a turning point - it could be the first day of a brand new life

D
Old 06-08-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

uh huh!!!^
Old 06-08-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Welcome all the newbies. I'm on day 6 here. Feeling very positive about getting healthy and getting my body and mind back to where it should be. Hoping everyone has a great sober day today!
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Day 2 down! Sweet dreams!!
Old 06-08-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Before I go to sleep I thought I should take a few moments to be thankful. I've been feeling so down today and I have lost sight of the good things in my life...I am grateful for my husband, daughters and granddaughter; our 3 dogs (who are like our kids); I live in a nice apt in a nice complex in a nice city; I have a good job; we are making it financially, paying off debt, etc; my health...plenty to be thankful for I also need to remind myself that my binge drinking problem doesn't define me. Those times only represent a few hours of my life. I have to remind myself that I am not a bad person because I have this problem. I am human.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2 rah! And yes, there's always loads to be grateful for, even if we can't see it at times. I like looking up at the moon for a minute or two at night, as it almost always helps put things into perspective.

Welcome to all the recent newcomers as well.

Well, 9am so 15 hours down. 12 more to go, and I can sleep!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the newcomers! This is the first day of the rest of your life!

Just popping by to say hello - work has been really insane lately and I'm super exhausted, which brings out the cravings. It's so strange how my mind/body thinks the solution for exhaustion is to stay up all night consuming a poisonous depressant.

Anyway, there's no danger tonight, and I'm grateful for that.