Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Looking good Junebugs! Hang in there and remember if you don't take that first drink you can't take the second! It's a fact.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mayg View Post
Me again. I'll be kicked off for talking too much. My first Friday night sober. I had to go to shops again (when my brain has cleared one of my dreams is to do a shop a week) anyway, I got back and I'd forgotten milk so had to go again. TWICE past my booze place. My AV voice was really loud, not the first time, but the second time I decided it was a sign that I deserved a drink. Honestly I was that close, but I didn't and got in car and red light came on, so I decided that was my sign because I'm not going out again tonight. Tennis is on, and honestly, the hours are soooo long but I think it shall be day 8 tomorrow. But it nearly wasn't. Mayg
Wow that was so strong of you Mayg ..... you
must be feeling so good this Sat morning
It is just so hard to get through cravings,urges etc x
Old 06-05-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

New classmate

Sunday May 31st I was recovering from a major 2 day binge. Previous night after many tears and a heart to heart (one of many over the past 2 1/2 years) with my BF I realized how necessary it was to figure out a way to live without going from binge to binge.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I should have done that, but part of me made sure I had my wallet. Gonna have a snooze now.
Did you stop for booze?
I had to go past my regular shop twice and it is very hard. Mayg
Old 06-05-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

ChickNB, I think you're in the right place. I used to read and then joined earlier this year after I had hit ten or twelve days and then I went off rails but I am back again and this time I am reading posts and that helps to realise there are others who are going through the same things. I am on day 8 and heading towards my danger zone.

I find there are too many hours in the day and even if I am busy I miss that relax and check out. My son is a runner and he says I should try couch to 5k as he reckons running gives him a high and clears his head. Maybe it would be something to do in the evening as it takes 8 weeks. I don't know, I just know that come the evening me and my AV start chatting. Well, all day really but it turns up at 6.
Good luck everyone, I hope we can all get through today without a drink.
Best wishes
Mayg
Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I had kinda a close call on the way home. I was waffling back and forth, do I stop, or no? I slowly realized that I was actually trying to talk myself INTO drinking and not the other way around. How bizarre! I guess I really know deep down that I want to be sober, I just can't let the irrational/bored/self-destructive side of me win the argument. Anyway, I made it!

Hope everyone had a good day - stay strong Junebugs!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Glad you didn't talk yourself into it diva :-)

May I need to stay busy myself. Couch to 5k sounds like a great idea!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Been struggling with day ones the last few days. Here I go again this time really fighting the urge to drink just one. Nearly convinced myself too. I'm now safe out of the house. Got the bus for exercise and to take up more time from home alone (my biggest trigger).
Thought today that I'm not prepared today and will start tomorrow. NO! Start right now.
This morning I even began my wellness toolbox. Yes, I got the folder, paper and 5 dividers. I haven't finished but took a quick look at what I wrote before I left and added a few more things. The positive feelings are nice to read and gave me a skip out the door.
I'll check in once this day is beat. Long way to go yet.
Happy sober day to all
Old 06-05-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Welcome to the June class SandyO.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're really committed SandyO

D
Old 06-06-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Too quiet.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Welcome Sandy

Good Morning nice to wake up sober even though still feeling tired. Considering it's taken me years to get in this mess I need more patience and time to let my body heal it's frustrating though.

I have a quiet weekend planned which is good partner (If you can call him that long story) is visiting his parents he also works away which is also good at the moment lol he has demons of his own he needs to work on himself.

Taking things one day at a time for the first time putting me first done chores popping to shops in a bit then Netflix is calling me .

Hope all the June bugs has a great Saturday.

Ps going to try out this bad boy (phone) as a sat nav I forgotten how much I love my gadgets lol
Old 06-06-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Too quiet.
Give me chance to wake up properly my brain doesn't function until my second mug of coffee :p
Old 06-06-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

So how's everyone doing this Saturday so far? I guess most people in North America are either still sleeping, or just getting up.

Things are good here. 7pm, and surprisingly, don't have much in the way of cravings at all. This is the time they should be kicking in quite badly, but they're not. *shrug*

How's everyone else?
Old 06-06-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Going well here. Sat night done and dusted completely sober and I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to waking up on a Sunday morning with no hangover! First time in forever
Old 06-06-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Enjoying my Saturday morning quiet before the family awakens. The neighbor's had a party last night, so the kids were up really late so...bonus me time this morning! Revisited my Big Plan this morning. It is rock solid.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I would like to join as a classmate. Last night, I was out. Talked a lot of regrettable rubbish, fell asleep in the taxi home, stuffed my face full of rubbish and went to bed with my make up on (I hate that). Today is Saturday and will be the first day of freedom from alcohol for me for months. I am going out to dinner with friends. I will take the car, drink water, drive home, sleep well and wake up with energy. I usually drink at home with my husband, so this is much more doable than staying at home and not drinking.
I wish you all a sober weekend.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Waking up with a week sober this Sunday. Being sober really is preferable. No headache no bloat (aside from the extra lbs packed on by alcohol) no regrets no anxiety well rested, I can actually taste my coffee, it's not just be in choked down in a desperate attempt to feel human. Sigh. I feel so good about it now, but deep down av is lurking. When it starts to show I need to remember to "play the tape". Need to keep in control.
It was very quiet lat night indeed tang! What were you doing up so early? I see you are Midwestern as well.
Yay for peace and quiet jazz! My kids always seem to wake up at the crack of dawn no matter how late they are up!
Keep trying sandy!
Have a good day all! Don't drink.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Welcome Carly! Your night last night sounds very familiar! Tonight's plans sound way better. Can't get enough water.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Easyrider?