Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 3

Old 04-02-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Has anyone seen or heard from happytobealive1? Hasn't been in class for a long while. Hope all is well.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Has anyone seen or heard from happytobealive1? Hasn't been in class for a long while. Hope all is well.
Nope. I haven't seen happy or maximus or cameron in quite some time. Was sad to see so many people disappear to the background a couple of weeks ago, and started to worry about our March thread. (And worry about them too.)
Old 04-02-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I came a little late here, sad to hear that some are missing, I hope they come back.

Today appears to be a good day for Kin-san.

Hope your days are good too.

(My tag line for forums used to be cheers, and I keep wanting to do that. I need a new one)
Old 04-02-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by hiimbryan1 View Post
I fell off the band wagon and feel like a peace of crap

I wish I could go out with friends and just drink 1-2... Why do I end up getting smashed
Welcome back hiimbryan

It's probably the single greatest wish all alcoholics express that they could drink just one or two and be satisfied.

I dunno about you, but I never drank one or two.
I always drank to get smashed.

Realising that and accepting it was a real game changing for me and helped me accept the need for change in my life and move on to fully embracing recovery.

I have a very full social life now - and I remember it all with no embarrassments illness of unexplained injuries.

I hope you'll give recovery a go hiimbryan - give yourself a chance to work through that difficult transition stage and see what last recovery has to offer

D
Old 04-02-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Dee I think you have a superpower, and that superpower is being everywhere on the forum at once!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thurs night check in!

Movies. Family. Fun.

No booze
Old 04-02-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I hear yall! I started to try to get my problem under control by "having 1-2" and then tipsy me would always not agree with that and next thing I know I'm fighting with my fiancé, chain smoking and not remembering how I got home. I was definitely not born with a stop button. Ugh! But yes, here's to a sober Thursday snuggled up eating egg rolls with my fiancé who I haven't fought with in 11 days (11 days sober.. Coincidence.. I think not!)
Old 04-02-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Aaauuugghhh....! Marching Band.... Help...
Things aren't looking good for the kid at all. So, recently we found out that my wife's granddad has lung cancer. Well, let's add some more wonderful news.

I just got a call from my mom. She said she hasn't been feeling well so she went to the doctor. Of course, because of her age, they decided to run a buttload of tests. Turns out her white blood cell and platelet counts are both really high. I'm not sure exactly what that indicates but I doubt that it's good.

I've never felt more like crawling into a bottle than I do right now... I can't even go home to see her. I'm stuck here until at least June, possibly September this year. Why...... Just why.....?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that the hits keep coming Spirit...but drinking is not going to change anything - except make you feel more badly about yourself.

There's all kinds of people all over the world who can't be with their loved ones right now - me included.

We're lucky we have phone and skype and all that, I think.

D
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry that the hits keep coming Spirit...but drinking is not going to change anything - except make you feel more badly about yourself.

There's all kinds of people all over the world who can't be with their loved ones right now - me included.

We're lucky we have phone and skype and all that, I think.

D
You're right. I mean, obviously drinking won't truly fix anything. But it does offer the comfort of going numb for awhile. Ya know?

I just don't know what to do with myself right now. I feel pretty lost. I should probably go pray... A LOT.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Okay last night I posted on the April boards for some reason. I guess the reason was I needed some guidance last night, my anxiety was threw the roof and I felt just awful. So I thought I was posting in March and I wasn't. Oh well. Anyway I am rambling. So last night when I posted I was trying to avoid drinking. I had the bug so bad and my husband was not helping me at all. Because he wanted to drink as well. So you can guess what happened. I drank... a lot! I felt awful last night. I drank so much I puked. Then this morning was horrid. I was so mad at myself, anxious, yucky feeling. I just see all my dreams dissolving right in front of me because of stupid alcohol. Anyway so back on the wagon. I do want o quit. I have to quit. Wish me luck. I need it.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

You're right. I mean, obviously drinking won't truly fix anything. But it does offer the comfort of going numb for awhile. Ya know?

I just don't know what to do with myself right now. I feel pretty lost. I should probably go pray... A LOT.
Yeah don't do it. I did and I am paying for it. All that anxiety is back, I feel awful. It just is not worth it. I know it's so hard to resist, I mean I couldn't last night. But I wish someone would have stopped me. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
Yes! But it is so complicated. I'm partly to blame too. In the past during one of the several(36?) times I've tried to cut down I have told him "Now honey, even if I say I want beer, don't get me any!" and then one night I would seriously, really want beer and he would say "Nope, you said you didn't want any"
and I would get PISSED and storm around the house and pout and throw silent tantrums until he or I gave in and went and got some.
It's been awhile since I had that talk with him.
I did make a point of telling yesterday how crummy is was to wake up with a headache neckache that lasted all day and my sadness at lack of motivation and he just showed sympathy and didn't even make a rude remark.
Also when a commercial came on with people on the beach drinking, of all things, ice cold coronas with limes I said "Yeah! Headaches in a bottle!" in disgust.
This poor man, it's like Jekyll and Hyde with me and my attitude towards alcohol. Really hate it, or really love it.
I don't know where to go with it really, what kind of talk I would even have. Seems like we've had them all before at one point and they led nowhere in the end.
Gosh do I hear ya girl! I am the same way. I told my husband so many times, "DONT LET ME DRINK! Even if I say i want to just say NO" Only to just do it anyway. Oh and last night when I came home from my moms and I wanted to drink. I could tell he wanted to as well. Before I even said anything. He was acting strange. So of course we talked ourselves into it. I hate this!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Djin: I'm really sorry about your family situation. The way I see it, not only does drinking NOT offer you anything, it actually would poison the meaningful time you have to spend with your loved ones as well as poison the important emotions you have to deal with.

Needtostopthis: Sorry to hear about your slip. Today is a new day. I think if your husband is unwilling to be supportive you have to realize he is not your ally in this and not trust that he has your sober interests at heart. I am a grumpy lonely *bleep* for my age so I never have relationships, but I've certainly had similar issues with friends and roommates who on the surface supported my attempts to quit, but would buddy up with my AV in a heartbeat.

Me: I had a rough night but I am pulling through. Lots of tea. Lots of weights and excercises. I will sweat out my AV.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well I know I used to believe that lol.

I found tho that after a few years going numb was no longer a comfort - I still had all my problems going round and round in my head, and a growing sense of drunken despair to boot....and sometimes drunken anger and resentment too

then in the morning the guilt and shame and embarrassment....

it's just not worth it.

D
Old 04-03-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

I am beginning to realize that truly quitting all these things is about the best decision I have ever made in my life. Too bad so late--but there is not much one can do about that.

Mel
Old 04-03-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Checking in

Day 5 going strong

Lovely morning especially when youre not hungover!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome, just get going and going and going...

double digits here, starting on my toes tomorrow,

lol
Old 04-03-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Aaauuugghhh....! Marching Band.... Help... Things aren't looking good for the kid at all. So, recently we found out that my wife's granddad has lung cancer. Well, let's add some more wonderful news. I just got a call from my mom. She said she hasn't been feeling well so she went to the doctor. Of course, because of her age, they decided to run a buttload of tests. Turns out her white blood cell and platelet counts are both really high. I'm not sure exactly what that indicates but I doubt that it's good. I've never felt more like crawling into a bottle than I do right now... I can't even go home to see her. I'm stuck here until at least June, possibly September this year. Why...... Just why.....?
It will numb you for a short time and then you'll wake up feeling even worse. Please Spirit stay strong.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chewy88 View Post
Thurs night check in!

Movies. Family. Fun.

No booze
You're rocking it, chewy! Your posts always make me smile! Thanks!