Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 3

Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Congrats on 24 kafka, thats great. Also to anyone else who had a sober wednesday. No pranks for me this april fools. Been my first rough day today, I know if this were a week ago I'd have gone straight to the bottle to calm me down. Its good to have to fight through things in the real world, even if its hard. Kinda like growing up *chuckles*

Good night everyone.

I'm going to read and relax, too much stress and work for one day.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Marchers
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Morning

Day 4 in the books

Boom
Old 04-02-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Accountability. That is what I'm using this site for. I'm accountable to myself, but I feel an outside source "depending" on my be sober will be a help. I'm a day behind you Chewy, but Day 3 in the books. Day 4 is just beginning and looks to be a great day.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Good morning!

I was thinking how sad it would be if our class size got smaller and smaller because we were struggling really badly one day and couldn't control the AV.

Every new urge or craving gives us a chance to be stronger in our sobriety. Those challenges are what we need to stay sober. Could we all make a pact to visit our March class when the AV is really strong?

Hoping you all have a great day!!
I will do it!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I wish I could've made it through the whole March but at least I went a month with one drinking episode instead of 15.
April will be a full sober month.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Well after all my complaining today turned out to be one of the best most inspiring most confidence-building proudest days of my entire life

And I'm only 4 days from my last relapse, imagine if I kept drinking and missed this...
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
I will do it!
I'm in too!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Well after all my complaining today turned out to be one of the best most inspiring most confidence-building proudest days of my entire life And I'm only 4 days from my last relapse, imagine if I kept drinking and missed this...
Congratulations Immri! I'm glad you have had such a great day and congratulations on 4 sober days
Old 04-02-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pasttime View Post
Accountability. That is what I'm using this site for. I'm accountable to myself, but I feel an outside source "depending" on my be sober will be a help. I'm a day behind you Chewy, but Day 3 in the books. Day 4 is just beginning and looks to be a great day.
Congratulations Chewy and Pasttime on day 4! Let's all take April by storm
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hooray!

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Well after all my complaining today turned out to be one of the best most inspiring most confidence-building proudest days of my entire life

And I'm only 4 days from my last relapse, imagine if I kept drinking and missed this...
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

last day before the long weekend

going to the bar for lunch with colleagues

they will drink and I will, not nor do I have any fear or doubt about it.

That's just how chewy's rolling these days folks.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Marchers
Old 04-02-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I fell off the band wagon and feel like a peace of crap

I wish I could go out with friends and just drink 1-2... Why do I end up getting smashed
Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Hi everyone, it's been a long week so far but I'm 24 days sober so that's one thing I'm grateful for this evening. I got home and worked on a puzzle with my husband. I'm about to read for a little bit and then go to bed early. I've been so tired lately but I'll take that over being hungover any day.

Congratulations to everyone on making it to April

Spirit, your wife sounds great and it's a huge advantage that she knows you so well that she did catch you. Or, do you think maybe you wanted to be 'caught' at least on some level? Just a thought... Regardless, I definitely agree with Dee that someone was on your side.

Soberwolf, I'm definitely checking out those migraine strips, thank you for sharing! Immri, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Have a great night everybody.
To be honest Kafka, I'm not sure. I've been thinking about that and I don't really know. I do know that she knows my tricks VERY well. Thank God for that.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by hiimbryan1 View Post

I wish I could go out with friends and just drink 1-2... Why do I end up getting smashed
Don't beat yourself up so much. I'm in the same boat. I have no self control whatsoever. I'll get two or three drinks in and then next thing I know, I'm waking up to an empty bottle.

Additionally, I fell off too. The ONLY reason that bottle didn't touch my lips is because my wife played interference. We all screw up. As long as you don't give up, you're doing fine.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Day 8, morning. Killer headache. Why is this? Oh its because my body is not very friendly. That's okay, at least it isn't a hangover. It will pass. Or at least its not this headache compounded with a hangover.

Hope y'all are well, as they day is just beginning I have nothing to report. The thing I'm most surprised about so far in sobriety is that I'm actually sleeping which is usually so hard for me.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
Day 8, morning. Killer headache. Why is this? Oh its because my body is not very friendly. That's okay, at least it isn't a hangover. It will pass. Or at least its not this headache compounded with a hangover.

Hope y'all are well, as they day is just beginning I have nothing to report. The thing I'm most surprised about so far in sobriety is that I'm actually sleeping which is usually so hard for me.
Right on bro
Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hiimbryan1 View Post

You're back, hiimbryan. You're here now -- dusted off and doing this.

I echo Djinn. Please don't beat yourself up. We've all been there before. God, so many times I've been there. And the first drink always leads to overdoing, and binging for days. Then back to drinking in the morning to help ease withdrawal induced anxiety, and to numb me to my life problems.

All those memories of slipping up (and doing/saying things I regret or don't remember) gives me more resolve. (She says to convince herself...)