View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
needtostopthis

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
Yes! But it is so complicated. I'm partly to blame too. In the past during one of the several(36?) times I've tried to cut down I have told him "Now honey, even if I say I want beer, don't get me any!" and then one night I would seriously, really want beer and he would say "Nope, you said you didn't want any"
and I would get PISSED and storm around the house and pout and throw silent tantrums until he or I gave in and went and got some.
It's been awhile since I had that talk with him.
I did make a point of telling yesterday how crummy is was to wake up with a headache neckache that lasted all day and my sadness at lack of motivation and he just showed sympathy and didn't even make a rude remark.
Also when a commercial came on with people on the beach drinking, of all things, ice cold coronas with limes I said "Yeah! Headaches in a bottle!" in disgust.
This poor man, it's like Jekyll and Hyde with me and my attitude towards alcohol. Really hate it, or really love it.
I don't know where to go with it really, what kind of talk I would even have. Seems like we've had them all before at one point and they led nowhere in the end.
Gosh do I hear ya girl! I am the same way. I told my husband so many times, "DONT LET ME DRINK! Even if I say i want to just say NO" Only to just do it anyway. Oh and last night when I came home from my moms and I wanted to drink. I could tell he wanted to as well. Before I even said anything. He was acting strange. So of course we talked ourselves into it. I hate this!